No announcement yet.

Marina And The Diamonds - Electra Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Archetypes may be the Intro of the Album or not?
    It could possibly be , because you can't define this as a song, so it is probably the intro of the album.

But I like it, it's strange and mysterious .

Comment

fear and loathing is absolutely incredible! makes you feel so good and the message is quite amazing. Radioactive is also a great dance song; i'm glad i discovered her this year
      JOJO

Comment

Presume this is album related:

MARINA &THE DIAMONDS
        MarinasDiamonds MARINA &THE DIAMONDS
        Been building a project called "The Archetypes" since March 2011. I shot it myself across North America and Europe over 7 months.

MARINA &THE DIAMONDS
        'The Archetypes' is split into 4 categories: "Su-Barbie-A", "Teen Idles", "The Homewrecker" + "Stars & Queens"...

MARINA &THE DIAMONDS
        And in Oct we did the final shoot. I knew the album cover the minute I saw it

MARINA &THE DIAMONDS
        As a celebration of mixing this month, i'm gonna post the 1st official photo on Monday on electraheart.tumblr.com
        Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (4th July 20) - Young Ejecta, Sault, Sunmi, Millie Turner, Clan Of Xymox, John Carpenter, Hacker T Dog, Hurts, Hayley Williams, Jessie Ware, Kitty, Arca, Nadine Shah, Haim, Ray Lamontagne, Daniel Avery, Snowgoose, Grey Daze, Fire Saga.....

Comment

I wish she'd stop fannying around

Just bring us a hot album and promote your ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom92

I have to agree!
            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
              This have reached over 100 plays on my iTunes during this week only. Translated to Swedish, the lyrics make such an impact. This is the Marina I fell in love with.

"Idle teen"
              Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
              and you are no exception

Comment

I wonder how far she'll go down this road, loving it thus far.
                Nothing to lose, and we'd get messed up for fun, we went too fast too young

Comment

Originally posted by westhammer
                  Originally posted by Tom92

I have to agree!
                  I actually don't agree.

Although I'm not really sure if the concept she's planned is right for her right now, it sounds a bit confusing, but I hope she'll pull it through.

I think it's great to see her experimenting, and that although being a pop artist tries to add some artistic value into her music.
                  Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

I need a new single.
                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by BanZai
                      I need a new single.
                      Yes! Me too! Hoping for a single in the beginning of february and the album in march. I'm getting really excited for her now.
                      Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Starring Role: Its nice. Not "crazy" about it though. You can feel that Marina wants to retain her type of singing, the thing that makes her unique. But the music is too monotonous to complement that. Still, it works at some level.

Radioactive: Not the direction I wanted Marina to take, but this song is awesome! If someone told me Marina was going the trance-y dance way, I would have barfed a little in my mouth. But this song has something about it. Its catchy, yet the pace of the song lets your groove in your seat. This song is the biggest reason for getting me deeply interested in this era.

The Archetypes: Brrrr!!! Now we are talking. I feel this album will have something for everyone. Catchy tunes, to alternative psychedelic tunes, to electro-pop songs. This song will give the album another dimension. It feels raw and honest. Love it.

I remember reading an article where Marina wished she was more popular. I guess keeping in line with that, she has attempted to make more commercially lucrative songs. But what she has managed to do it leave her identity on them.

Plus, I am getting a little attracted to her as well.

Comment

Only a little bit? She's sexy, cute and beautiful all at the same time. She seems intellectual and funny and what a voice!

I'm expecting a grand pop album! Which I think she can pull of with that voice of hers. Have you listened to Fear And Loathing skapunk? It will also be on the album. It's the strongest tracks so far in my opinion.

Cannot count The Archetypes since it's so short.
                          Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Damn I thought she would make The Archetypes a full song already, it's amazing!

Comment

It is!!! I would love for it to continue for 2 more minutes, but I'm afraid it will be an intro only. Maybe for the better.
                              Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Originally posted by Vindrag
                                Only a little bit? She's sexy, cute and beautiful all at the same time. She seems intellectual and funny and what a voice!

I'm expecting a grand pop album! Which I think she can pull of with that voice of hers. Have you listened to Fear And Loathing skapunk? It will also be on the album. It's the strongest tracks so far in my opinion.

How did I miss that? Its awesome! Has a slight iamamiwhoami feel to it. Her voice is great too! Loving this era so far.

In the videos of Family Jewels era, she was cute. But this era, she is really sexy! Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by skapunk
                                  Originally posted by Vindrag

How did I miss that? Its awesome! Has a slight iamamiwhoami feel to it. Her voice is great too! Loving this era so far.

In the videos of Family Jewels era, she was cute. But this era, she is really sexy! Yum.
                                  Iamamiwhoami? Hmm.. can't hear that. I get a grand Ray Of Light feel from it.

Agree. But she still look like a weird little smurf to me! Sexy smurfette!
                                  Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                    I will never play this early in the morning again!
                                    Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

1st single announced tomorrow, diamonds. <3

Comment

Radioactive never happened then? Or is she just pulling a Ciara/J.LO/Keri and calling it a buzz/viral/promo single?

I can't wait to hear the new single though, it's about time!
                                        late.

Comment

Excited!! Omg does this mean Radioactive is not going to be on the album?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesssxD
                                            Excited!! Omg does this mean Radioactive is not going to be on the album?
                                            Shame! It's her best track to date, IMO.
                                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

1st single off Electra Heart is called "Prima Donna".

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
                                                I wouldn't be bothered if it was absent.
                                                Oh I would.

Comment

?'Electra Heart' ALBUM RELEASE DATE: 3 0. 0 4. 1 2
                                                  ? Girls' Generation ?
                                                  ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

I am soooo excited about this.
                                                    It's not a long waiting time, I thought it's going to be way longer. So I'm glad about it

Comment

Have a feeling this is going to be pushed back many times...

Comment

I'm here for The Archetypes
                                                        I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

Originally posted by jamesssxD
                                                          Have a feeling this is going to be pushed back many times...
                                                          Don't scare me like that. Very rude in a way to announce Prima Donna as the "1st single" from Electra Heart. I've always felt that way about these buzz/viral singles. Because some people have thought of them as real singles and associate them with the upcoming album and expect it to be there.

urbanmusik mentioned Ciara. Go Girl is one of my top 10 favourite tracks from Ci, and each time I listen through Fantasy Ride I miss it in the tracklist.

Same thing with Radioactive. It's a superb, massive pop record. Wonderful vocals. I pray that she'll include it on EH.
                                                          Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

She'll also announce a May tour tomorrow.
                                                            ? Girls' Generation ?
                                                            ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X