No announcement yet.

Marina And The Diamonds - Electra Heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so excited. The Family Jewels = my second favorite debut album of all time.

loved everything which is related to 'Electra Heart' so far. I hope I can go to the tour.

Comment

MarinasDiamonds MARINA &THE DIAMONDS
      'Electra Heart' ALBUM RELEASE DATE: 3 0 . 0 4. 1 2
      So Excited!
      And no, I don't want to see your mangina...

Comment

If you're signed up to her mailing list or are going to one of her 3 shows this month then you'll be able to get your hands on the track "Homewrecker".

Not gonna lie, ridiculously excited for this album still!

Comment

Will she send Homewrecker to our emails?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesssxD
            Will she send Homewrecker to our emails?
            Apparently on Monday!
            But either way it'll end up online soo...

Comment

Will there be any new tracks on Electra Heart once the album comes out?

Fear and Loathing
              Radioactive
              Starring Role
              Primadonna
              Homewrecker
              +there were some leaks last summer, some of which will probably end on the album...
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I am excited how 'SEX YEAH' will sound on the album.
                Its demo is stunning! I love it.

Comment

I'm hoping Sex Yeah and those older demos don't make the album... I hope Primadonna performs well so we might get a deluxe edition.

Comment

This became my most anticipated album of 2012 (so far) in the last few weeks. So damn excited!

Comment

Here some news :

Homewrecker :
                      It starts with a spoken word intro and then gets pretty upbeat, but it's not a 'banger'.

Prima Donna :
                      Question was - Does it sound like Dr. luke?
                      Not very to be honest. It doesn't sound like Katy Perry, let's put it that way.

Starring Role :
                      Question was - Are there any changes from the demo we know and the final version?
                      Yes, not massively, but it does have some lovely extra backing vocal bits and sounds 'fuller'

Lies & State of Dreaming :
                      Lies is the slowest one, pretty gloomy and has a kind of loping, wobbly beat. Dreaming is quite upbeat musically.

Prima Donna :
                      Single is a bit ‘American Life’ era Madge at first, but with big throbbing synths. Chorus slows it down.

All in all :
                      It’s all very “Marina”, but an evolution of the first album. Quite synthy and the lyrics are great.

There is a CD which contains 5 Songs , which was send to some listeners

Comment

^ here's a photo of the sampler! I need a copy in my life! NOW!

Comment

I would not mind if they didn't include Living Dead and some of those other leaked tracks on the album. Sex, Yeah however is such an amazing tune, and if they've completed it then I'd love to hear it on Electra Heart.

I need that single soon! Another summer with Marina then.. can't wait!
                          Luc

I have hatred towards the entire world,
                          and you are no exception

Comment

Is that the album cover btw? I really hope it is!
                            Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Originally posted by Vindrag
                              Is that the album cover btw? I really hope it is!
                              It's just the sampler but I guess there might be a chance of them
                              using the same image. I'm hoping for something more colourful like the Radioactive single cover personally!

Comment

Oh god the sampler sounds so good, I want it!!

Comment

"Homewrecker" is BIG, I love it. I hope someone leaks the album sampler.
                                  late.

Comment

Homewrecker is pure perfection

I love it

Comment

Homewrecker is such a tune! I cannot wait for this album now!
                                      You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Homewrecker is great! Her vocals are uhhh!

Comment

Are they doing a cover of Prima Donna?

Comment

They really need to start doing B-Sides for her singles, I'd love to have a finalised 'Sinful' as one!

Comment

I am beyond excited for this album. Marina can do no wrong in my eyes!

Here's Marina performingPrimadonna

Comment

Oh wow I love the live performance. I cannot wait to hear the song in HQ.

Comment

'Homewrecker' is pretty good. Not amazing on first listen but I think it'll really nail me later.
                                                  The alternative to the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimo
                                                    'Homewrecker' is pretty good. Not amazing on first listen but I think it'll really nail me later.
                                                    Thats what he said
                                                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Nobody bothered posting the link : Homewrecker.

I like it a lot - the spoken vocal very early eighties - yet again! Sounds like Deborah Strickland from The Flying Lizards.
                                                      Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (4th July 20) - Young Ejecta, Sault, Sunmi, Millie Turner, Clan Of Xymox, John Carpenter, Hacker T Dog, Hurts, Hayley Williams, Jessie Ware, Kitty, Arca, Nadine Shah, Haim, Ray Lamontagne, Daniel Avery, Snowgoose, Grey Daze, Fire Saga.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley
                                                        I am beyond excited for this album. Marina can do no wrong in my eyes!

Here's Marina performingPrimadonna
                                                        Sounds good but hard to tell with the bad audio. It's more Robot than Hollywood, happily.
                                                        Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (4th July 20) - Young Ejecta, Sault, Sunmi, Millie Turner, Clan Of Xymox, John Carpenter, Hacker T Dog, Hurts, Hayley Williams, Jessie Ware, Kitty, Arca, Nadine Shah, Haim, Ray Lamontagne, Daniel Avery, Snowgoose, Grey Daze, Fire Saga.....

Comment

All these leaks and stuff...

I can't resist playing Homewrecker.. I need to hear more from Marina....
                                                          Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Homewrecker:

That chorus is... disgusting. Sounds like a typical Swedish Eurovision entry. *shivers* Oh well... Like always when I get disappointed by Marina's materials, I always state that her voice is what makes it listenable. I guess her vocals sort of save that song too.. but... this is not good! Definietly not album material.
                                                            Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

The Archetypes and Fear And Loathing... more songs in that direction would be nice.
                                                              Luc

and you are no exception

Comment

Working...
                                                              X