No announcement yet.

Lana Del Rey - Born To Die [album]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it is her most enjoyable album to listen to. All of her classic and most memorable songs are on this and it has something that the following albums didn't, fantastic production.

Summertime Sadness and National Anthem are beautiful.

Comment

• Her magnum opus and y'all will deal.
      Just got me the vinyl after receiving a record player as a Xmas gift.
      Love everything about this: lyrics, production, vocals. Flawless masterpiece.
      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Wow, 7 years already! Crazy. This remains one of my favourite debut albums ever, it is truly stunning. While she has released a lot of other good stuff after this, she has never topped the record for me. National Anthem alone is already better than most careers.
        i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

• This is great to this day. The title track sold me for it and still does.
          Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

• Now the longest charting female debut album of all time. 316 weeks and counting!

Comment

• It’s #18 on Slant Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

18. Lana Del Rey, Born to Die
              However much hate she may have accrued for her sleepy, sarcastic take on pop stardom, Lana Del Rey emerged as one of the decade’s true success stories, pushing past the flash-in-the-pan accusations into a uniquely absorbing post-modern figure, succeeding not in spite of the remarkably exposed, freely exploitative bent of her music, but because of it. Born to Die stands out as a startlingly composed premiere effort, a daring, dead-eyed statement from a chanteuse who wears her character on her sleeve, making herself immune to the flung arrows of detractors by exaggerating the sexuality, vapidity, and artificial gangsterism to cartoonish levels, an album of lush orchestral pop capped by Del Rey’s inimitably somnolent delivery. Cataldo
              https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It’s #2 on PAPER Magazine‘s list of the 10 Top Albums of the 2010‘s:

With her debut album, Born to Die, Lana Del Rey became the first artist of the '10s to find substance in melancholy. Setting off a domino effect of experimentation with sadness as an instrument, Born to Die exists in the pop canon as a deeply unsettling hit record that was never meant to be. In theory, Lana's smoky touchstones, from the inaugural ("Video Games") to the universal ("Summertime Sadness"), should have never taken off.

In 2012, generally depressive tracks didn't fit in the post-apocalypse scare landscape of celebratory dance songs on the radio. Somewhere, somehow, Born to Die grew its niche audience; first, in queer sub-communities on Tumblr, and then on a viral scale, thanks in part to Lana's retro aesthetic and fascination with controversial lyrics and themes ("Lolita"). — Brendan Wetmore
                https://www.papermag.com/paper-top-1...641630072.html
                Last edited by JeremySpears; Sat December 21st, 2019, 20:39.
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• My favourite from her

Comment

• One of the best albums of the decade

Comment

Working...
                    X