Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usher - Climax

Diplo:

OMG. I forgot.. U guys are about to hear "climax" from @UsherRaymondIV and I tommorow.. I hope you like it Its some next level electrosoul

I hope doesnt sound silly. seriously the best record ive been part of. Really proud of it.. Big up @arielrechtshaid @ReddStyleZ @_natural__
    I am soooooooo excited!!!

http://soundcloud.com/diplo/climax

Amazing!! I love it !!

Comment

WOW! Surprised by the sound of this!

it reminds me a bit of Jamie Woon at times. Usher sounds incredible on it. happy that it's quite R&B too, I thought it would be dance!

Comment

OOH I like! Diplo is so versatile! He can make any kind of music!

Comment

idk if I like it or not

Comment

Originally posted by Jesper
            idk if I like it or not
            mmm..the same here..I like Usher but this on first listen doesn't say anithing to me :(

Comment

Originally posted by Crasho91
              idk if I like it or not
              mmm..the same here..I like Usher but this on first listen doesn't say anithing to me :(
              I like but i agree. Its a grower, i think.

Its more rnb than dance, though.

Comment

i really like this actually. ushers vocals sound so smooth. good job!!

Comment

Does anyone have a non-YouTube/non-Soundcloud link to the song?

Comment

i really like this. though its produced by diplo i would count this as r&b no dance
                    i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
                      I uploaded it to tumblr, hopefully that will work for you.

This is probably Usher's best single since "Moving Mountains" at least. I love how the bubbling trance beat contrasts against the R&B elements of the track. Plus Usher's falsetto is amazing.

It's so good how this song doesn't reach a climax, as the synths don't explode after they build up. That gives it a real understated quality, reminding me of something The Weeknd would do.
                      late.

Comment

OMG, I love it!

Comment

If this is Rev-pop I want moreeee!!

Comment

Omg, sooooo good!!

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                              Originally posted by Plym
                              I uploaded it to tumblr, hopefully that will work for you.
                              Nah, blogs are blocked, thanks though! I managed to hear it.

I like it, I think it's a grower. It's strictly R&B though, no dance here.

Comment

Tune.

Comment

Love it!! Usher sounds amazing!!

Comment

According to AusPop it's the first single from Usher's upcoming album:

With his smash hit David Guetta single 'Without You' beginning to slide the charts, Sony Music has today revealed a brand new single for global R&B superstar Usher. The track is called 'Climax' and it was penned by both the singer and so-hot-right-now producer Diplo.
                                    According to Sony's press release, it's the first single to be lifted from a forthcoming album which is "coming soon" and while the track continues on in the starting-to-get-long-in-the-tooth tradition of blending R&B with electronica, this is different in that it does away with the dance beats, stripping things down and allowing Usher's voice to shine. It's not overly produced, not a vocoder in sight - and as such, it's incredibly fresh, incredibly refreshing.
                                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

I think it will be the first single, just like Papers was...

Comment

Updated the thread title, as this is his lead single and moved to Urban/R&B
                                        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Eargasm

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim
                                            Updated the thread title, as this is his lead single and moved to Urban/R&B
                                            Props mr.
                                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

His first single came out of nowhere? Whaaa I think this will be just a buzz single!

Anyway, not sure if i like it. It's kinda boring...
                                              Pleasure over matter.

Comment

this is what I want from Usher , sounds so smooth & sexy
                                                Frank Ocean

Comment

Originally posted by Crasho91
                                                  idk if I like it or not
                                                  Same here. :-? It sounds flat.

Comment

This sounds like it's trying to be a bit like "Motivation", it's not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                                                      This sounds like it's trying to be a bit like "Motivation", it's not bad.
                                                      I thought it was similar too. I think it will also be a huge RnB hit and a big US hit.. Not sure about everywhere else though.
                                                      #Pray4AL6

Comment

It reminds me of "Motivation", which was one of the worst (and most overrated) songs of 2011, IMO.

It sucks, I don't like it. It lacks hook too.
                                                        DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

I'm not blown away on first listen.

Comment

I have it on repeat. I love it now.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X