Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of...

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw, And Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do (album).

She's at it again! Not quite the wordy title that When The Pawn... was but at 23 words, still a mouthful!

Out June.
    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (22nd Feb 20) - Xymox, Purity Ring, Selena, Blancmange, Sparks, Angelic Process, SDH, Tennis

Re: Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver O

Originally posted by Blondini
    The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw, And Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do (album).

She's at it again! Not quite the wordy title that When The Pawn... was but at 23 words, still a mouthful!

Out June.
    The title's so pretentious IMO.

Well, not the title itself but the lenght of it.
    ? Girls' Generation ?
    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

OMG she' back! I'm really glad, it souunds rather interesting. Pretentious or not, the lady knows how to make sense.
      Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
      Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

01. Every Single Night
        02. Daredevil
        03. Valentine
        04. Jonathan
        05. Left Alone
        06. Werewolf
        07. Periphery
        08. Regret
        09. Anything We Want
        10. Hot Knife
        Out June 26th.

Comment

The song titles are intriguing but that album title is a killer. And I kind of liked 'When The Pawn Breaks...'
          http://navelgazing101.tumblr.com/

Comment

I CAN NOT WAIT!

Comment

This is the best thing that's happened to me since 2005
              i know love doesn't change a thing

Comment

So anticipated!! Every Single Night is a great single track. Very Florence + the Machine like.
                DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VT ... d_i=507846

Lyrics, Drawings, Sketches, Photos, DVD

GETTING THIS!

Comment

Re: Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver O

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                    The title's so pretentious IMO.

Well, not the title itself but the lenght of it.
                    I agree

shorter than her second album's title, though

"When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You'll Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You Know That You're Right"

yup

on W magazine

As for the new album, recorded with no professional producer, it's arguably Apple's most stripped-down, avant garde work yet, full of harsh, homemade percussion, stomping on the hood of a truck, triangle she made out of old bathroom pipes
                    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

Oooh that description sounds interesting. I'll have to dedicate a whole page if this album enters my chart! :x
                      My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Every Single Night is pretty amazing!
                        Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

you can hear 'Anything We Want' here

http://soundcloud.com/fionaapple/anythi ... nt/s-IVD0O

Comment

Originally posted by Merci
                            you can hear 'Anything We Want' here

http://soundcloud.com/fionaapple/anythi ... nt/s-IVD0O
                            I prefer that.
                            Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (22nd Feb 20) - Xymox, Purity Ring, Selena, Blancmange, Sparks, Angelic Process, SDH, Tennis

Comment

I'm not into Anything We Want at all. :-? From beginning to end I find only few appealing passages.

EVERY SINGLE NIGHT: 8/10
                              ANYTHING WE WANT: 6/10

Let's see how the rest sounds like. So far I'm a bit concerned. Her last three records had brilliant lead singles and quite a few highlights in themselves (f.e. "Get Gone" and "Window" being top-notch album tracks that never got a release). What has been previewed from "The Idler Wheel Is Wiser.." is less striking.

Comment

Video for Every Single Night is out, it's utterly stunning.

My first listen to Anything We Want: The melody is ridiculously complex, I don't think it's easy to like this...
                                Second listen: Wow this is really amazing.
                                Third listen: I love this song so much.
                                Now I'm on my fourth listen. There's something so poignant yet fragile about the lyrics. I love the arrangements too, the piano is melancholic/reflective while the percussion is just quirky and... domestic?

I'm thinking this will be her best album to date, and definitely a contender for album of the year for me.
                                Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

You can hear the album on NPR. It is absolutely breathtaking. Album of the year for me, i doubt anything will top it.
                                  i know love doesn't change a thing

Comment

I've not even heard the full thing but I'm calling album of the year on this lol Fiona is my queen one of the best song writers ever.

Comment

NME used a pic of Alanis when reviewing her album

a mess..

Comment

Alanis get that promo girl!
                                        My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Originally posted by crazycrazy
                                          Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

I hope it's as good as you all say!

Comment

YAS at her getting Album of the year AND single of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by Cactuar
                                                Originally posted by crazycrazy
                                                That is embarrassing for all involved! lol

Comment

My copy will arrive tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X