Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cactuar
    Her first Top 3 album! Charts at #3 with ~66k!
    Aww well done her, I hope this album has longevity and ends up selling alot.

Comment

This is my first time listening to Fiona.

The first track I listen to was Hot Knife and I thought she sounds like a hot mess (literally I thought she said hot mess in the song lol) The lyrics and her screams lol... I couldn't stop laughing.

Strangely enough I really enjoyed it. I learned to appreciate her quirky voice.

So I decided to listen to this and it's fantastic!! I love the organic, strange, and eccentric production.
      Will You Still Love Me When I Got Nothing But My Aching Soul?

Comment

The pieces on this album do not exceed or even match the subtle jazzy brilliance of Tidal or the melodiously angry triumph of When The Pawn, but they altogether unify as symphonically lachrymose and easily trump the songs of her junior offering Extraordinary Machine. Anger still manifests itself across the collection but now notably muted by the more resonant melancholy that echoes all throughout. Fiona lets her listeners feel her wistful tendencies drowned by deep sadness as she harbours bitterness of feeling in some occassions. Newbie listeners couldn't help but wonder how an album could be so raw without the trimmings of feel-good pop. This detachment to the mainstream leave some unable to relate then abandon the album thus failing to connect with Fiona's idiosynchratic genius.

Listen to some tracks on http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2 ... .html#more

http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.co...beautiful.html

^^^

Comment

I never thought this could ever happen to me with a Fiona Apple record: but this one got deleted after one week from my iPod.

I'm not into it at all. 2 good tracks don't make one good album I guess.

Sad but true: this album passed by unrecognised.
          DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

I think the opposite. This album for me is probably her most hard to get into, it's not an easy listen. But when it clicks it's addictive. She is genius. The album is like a secret diary in audio form.

Comment

Originally posted by naughtynae
              I think the opposite. This album for me is probably her most hard to get into, it's not an easy listen. But when it clicks it's addictive. She is genius. The album is like a secret diary in audio form.
              Exactly!
              vulnicura.

Comment

Fiona dropped a new track called "Dull Tool" for the upcoming movie This Is 40. Surprised this wasn't put on the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyFhVLAm9L8
                My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Easily one of my most listened to albums of last year. Found it unusual at first like I always do with a new Fiona album but suddenly it clicked with me. Just so many great moments lyrically for instance the chorus of 'Left alone' is so heartbreaking 'Anything we want' is the sweetest song she's written. Just wonderful. I hope we don't have to wait as long for the next album I'd also love to see her live!

Comment

HOT KNIFE - Music Video
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG1VVFfOnYQ
                    vulnicura.

Comment

Nice that she did a video for Hot Knife, I honestly thought the promo for the era was over since it'd been a year since she did the video for Every Single Night.
                      My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Nice video, Hot Knife is my favourite on the album!
                        Lollo's Weekly Chart - 11/09/2016

Comment

Longest wait ever for a second music video it's good though
                          "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

I'm loving that video, and still loving this album. It's so so good.
                            i know love doesn't change a thing

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedAngel
                              one of the highlights of 2012!
                              I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

The video for Hot Knife is brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Merci
                                  Originally posted by TwistedAngel
                                  one of the highlights of 2012!
                                  THE highlight of 2012 for me, haha.
                                  i know love doesn't change a thing

Comment

Still in love with this album, I hope she's not away too long again.

Comment

I like this album! So moving music.

Comment

It’s #45 on Slant Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

45. Fiona Apple, The Idler Wheel…
                                        The Idler Wheel… is by far Fiona Apple’s most dense and ambitious album. The idiosyncrasies of her songwriting only heighten the impression that she’s just winging it when she walks into the studio. “Left Alone” captures both her tendency to prioritize wordplay over coherence (she rhymes “orotund mutt” with “moribund slut”) and her ability to write a gut-check of a line like “How can I ask anyone to love me/When all I do is beg to be left alone?” The arrangements convey a sense of spontaneity and fearlessness; it’s a busy album from a production standpoint, but it’s to Apple and co-producer Charley Drayton’s credit that it doesn’t sound overworked. The album’s tone is one of urgency, of needing more than anything to make these exact statements at this exact moment. To that end, The Idler Wheel… captures what’s made Apple one of the defining artists of her generation: a persona that’s reflected changing views of private versus public spheres. The results have often been misunderstood, but Apple has continued to present herself as someone who refuses to resort to niceties of tact or self-censorship when she engages with her audience. Keefe
                                        https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/
                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                        X