No announcement yet.

Frank Ocean - channel ORANGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I was blown the hell away with Channel Orange. And personally, none of his follow-ups came close to touching this.

Artistic, exploring but also concise. EPIC. All of it.
    Baaaaad relationship??
    The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

Comment

• his follow ups are no where nears as clean as this
      Forever Young

Comment

• It’s #7 on Slant Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

7. Frank Ocean, Channel Orange
        In a decade where plenty of artists simply toyed with the seductive power of ‘90s-style R&B, Frank Ocean full-on pursued, captured, and tamed it to produce the saga that is Channel Orange. But the album’s smooth confidence, evident in everything from the jazzy bounce of “Super Rich Kids” to the juiced-up funk of “Crack Rock” and “Pyramids,” is only part of the draw. The remainder is Ocean’s storytelling, where he breathes life into dozens of imperfect, alluring characters that are just as desperate, confused, and beautiful as their narrator. Channel Orange did more than just prove that Ocean is far and away the most talented of the Odd Future crew; it established him as a songwriter whose lyrical and musical craft borders on the literary. Liedel
        https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It’s #8 on Refinery29’s list of the 10 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

8. Frank Ocean channel ORANGE (2012)

The ‘90s revival reached its apex with this R&B mash-up of futuristic nostalgia from the breakout star of the Odd Future crew. How Ocean managed to capture the bleak weariness of class struggle and slide it hand-in-hand with love songs that embrace inclusivity, a massive push forward in the historically homophobic world of hip hop, remains a marvel. It also solidifies his place as an innovator and history-maker in the genre. It’s a big deal, considering that Ocean is clearly a gifted mind and only had to turn in this musical marvel of an album to be anointed the next big thing.
          https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...s-2010s-decade
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Very overrated, the acclaim for this got into his head thinking he is the next Prince or something. Thank goodness people moved on so fast.

Comment

Working...
            X