Frank Ocean - channel ORANGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverYoung
    I knew it! The moment I read (a while back) that he's a huge Celine Dion fan, I just knew it. Hmmhmm.
    I don't have any love for Celine, but don't you think that argument is reaching? I'm straight, and i'm a fan of Mariah Mariah is MUCH hotter than Celine though, so your point might be based on that!

Comment

Frank doesn't give a shit, thats why I respect him so much.
      The freshest artist to come out of hip-hop in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by emilhot
        I knew it! The moment I read (a while back) that he's a huge Celine Dion fan, I just knew it. Hmmhmm.
        I don't have any love for Celine, but don't you think that argument is reaching? I'm straight, and i'm a fan of Mariah Mariah is MUCH hotter than Celine though, so your point might be based on that!

Loving Celine & Madonna = Gay

Loving Mariah & Whitney = Cool

Anyways...

They have been previous reviews and nobody said this and now, i read someone said, he might be talking about what the girl says in the song.

Comment

I really had a feeling about this.
          I'm gonna do you like drugs tonight...

Comment

Frank Ocean gets down . YAASSS kween!!! **signs up for him to be my baby daddy**

In all seriousness though if this is true then I will stan for him more than I do now. He will be the first black male R&B/Hip Hop artist to do so.
            Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Originally posted by Plym
              Frank doesn't give a shit, thats why I respect him so much.
              The freshest artist to come out of hip-hop in a while.
              I definitely agree.

However, I did not expect this, at all, and I'm quite shocked, to be honest. I always thought "Thinking about You" was about a girl !

Well, I couldn't care less.
              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Really? Are they sure he didn't attempt the songwriting process with a simple narrative approach, I'm sure this must have been misconstrued somewhere, I don't see it. There's nothing wrong, just would display a different perception to his music.

Comment

People are so quick to jump on conclusion after 1 ARTICLE.

How many times medias fooled us??try to think by yourself..i will wait for a frank explanation or maybe he will never do it but i dont believe it right now
                  Only Want Great Music

Comment

Frank takes loads of different perspectives with songs, so I wouldn't be surprised if the reviewers took everything too literally.

Lyrics such as "I'm high and I'm bye wait, I mean I'm straight" keep people guessing, but I don't think they were meant to be taken that serious or that he cares that much tbh.

Not that it matters though, I can't wait for this album and can't believe we'll have it in less than 2 weeks.
                    late.

Comment

Originally posted by emilhot
                      WHUT?

Comment

^ Can you please remove that picture, UKMix is a family friendly site.
                        late.

Comment

This has apparently been pushed back a week in the UK, to 23rd July from 16th.
                          "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

Originally posted by topopMAC1
                            This has apparently been pushed back a week in the UK, to 23rd July from 16th.
                            OMG when I seen pushed back I died, but thank god it's in the UK. Can still listen to it online before I purchase

Comment

Frank took took to his tumblr to clear up the rumors: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...z3yo1_1280.png

Mad props to him.

Comment

^^yep. I have even more respect for him, especially considering this is his first album.
                                I'm gonna do you like drugs tonight...

Comment

i think its good that he wrote this open letter but on the other side it is sad enough at that time that you have to explain yourself for just being gay.

lots of respect for frank but people just should think different
                                  i'm living in the future, so the presence is my past. my presence is a present, kiss my ass!

Comment

Frank ocean is everything right now. why does sexuality even come into it?

Does chris brown address their sexuality with songs like Hoe this and hoe that.. Clearly not..

I commend him, but when an ARTIST still has to address something like sexuality in 2012 clearly there STILL is a problem within our society.

All for Frank, all day everyday.. His music is amazing

Comment

death

Comment

Don't you be coming for Celine - Incognito slays careers!

I listened to Thinking of You - mainly out of curiosity, and I vaguely remember there being a bit of a fuss over him confessing his love for Celine at her forum some time ago lol - and I LOVE it.

Comment

This man opened up his heart to the entire world. He did not have to do that. He could have kept this part of his life private but he chose to let the entire world in. How can you not respect that?

His music is great, his shit goes harder than most and he's an amazing person. Much respect to Mr. Ocean.

Comment

Why the f--k isn't the album in my hands right now?
                                            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by BLover
                                              Why the f--k isn't the album in my hands right now?
                                              13 days :(
                                              I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                                                ^ Can you please remove that picture, UKMix is a family friendly site.
                                                I just died!
                                                Will You Still Love Me When I Got Nothing But My Aching Soul?

Comment

I am not going to survive with Azealia, Frank & Joss all releasing albums like a week after each other. Slayed

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean
                                                    "4 summers ago, I met somebody," he wrote. "I was 19 years old. He was too. We spent that summer, and the summer after, together. Everyday almost. And on the days we were together, time would glide. Most of the day I'd see him, and his smile.

"Sleep I would often share with him. By the time I realised I was in love, it was malignant. It was hopeless. There was no escaping, no negotiating to the women I had been with, the ones I cared for and thought I was in love with.

"I sat there and told my friend how I felt. I wept as the words left my mouth. I grieved for then. Knowing I could never take them back for myself. He patted my back. He said kind things. He did his best, but he wouldn't admit the same.

"He had to go back inside soon. It was late and his girlfriend was waiting for him upstairs. He wouldn't tell the truth about his feelings for me for another 3 years. I felt like I'd only imagined reciprocity for years.

"I kept up a peculiar friendship with him because I couldn't imagine keeping up my life without him. I struggled to master myself and my emotions. I wasn't always successful.

"I don't have any secrets I need kept anymore. There's probably some small s**t still, but you know what I mean. I was never alone, as much as it felt like it. As much as I still do sometimes. I never was. I don't think I ever could be. Thanks. To my first love, I'm grateful for you.
                                                    Fuuuu*k life! I can feel him like you can't even imagine, you guys! This story right here is the story of my life, I've been in the very same situation Damn, I need to go out now or else I'll go emotional

Comment

After reading that I must say, Frank Ocean is a true poet. My already huge amount of respect for him jumped enormously.

Comment

That letter is so sad. I think everyone can relate gay/bisexual/or straight. I'm so glad we have someone like Frank in this industry. Someone who has the guts to be so honest where in the Urban realm it's almost unheard of an artist doing this. I just gained a ton of respect for him. Great artist and a great honest human being.
                                                        Azealia Banks is the future!
                                                        RIP Whitney!

Comment

I can't wait for his album. He has a great voice and is an amazing songwriter.

Comment

I love Frank Ocean.

Comment

He deserves respect for what he's just done. That's brave, especially doing this in the "Urban game".

Anyway, I respected him for his music but he's definitely such a great person !

Comment

Working...
                                                              X