Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toni Braxton & Babyface - Love Marriage Divorce

EBONY: Anything new with you music?
    TB: I am working on an album. Babyface and I our going to put out a project of just duets. It will have three or four covers, and the others are remakes. The album is called, Love Marriage Divorce, kind of like Eat Pray Love. A single will be out by the top of the year.
    http://www.ebony.com/entertainment-c...new-movie-role
    DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Ooohh....

This sounds interesting.
    I can feel this light that's inside of me, growing fast into a bolt of lightning. I know one spark will shock the world...
    --Katy Perry

Comment

Look forward to this! They're a great team.

Comment

An album filled with "You Mean The World To Me"' and "Breath Again"'s

I can deal.
        Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Oh wow, this sounds cool. I'll be watching for this.

Comment

Yay can't wait for some new Toni's. The title though...

Comment

What does she mean by "three or four covers, and the others are remakes"?

Nevertheless I am excited for anything new with Toni's voice on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charmbracelet
                Wish I could answer you. This is one of the most poorly written articles I've read lately by the way:

"three or four covers, and the others are remakes"

"Anything new with you music?"

"Babyface and I our going to put out a project of just duets"

*blank face*

Anyway, I wonder what happened to her own album. Did they scrap it? Wasn't "I Heart You" supposed to lead the project? Mess...
                DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

Exactly! They're basically the same thing.

Comment

I assumed it meant 'three or four covers' of other people's songs and 'remakes' of their old songs that they made together.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycool
                      I assumed it meant 'three or four covers' of other people's songs and 'remakes' of their old songs that they made together.
                      In that case I am here for the covers, but I fail to see the point of them re-making their own songs, themselves? Toni's Babyface tracks are pretty much perfect as they are.

It would be interesting to hear Toni singing his songs written for other female artists, though.

Comment

Toni and baby had me until they said remakes! Uhh I want some fresh material from them!

Comment

So what will happen to "I Heart You"?

Comment

I'd love some Babyface duets with remakes from her first 2 albums
                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I really loved their remix duet for "How Could an Angel Break My Heart", for me, instead of remaking and covering songs, they could have just teamed up for a live album or something.

My song selection for that live album would have been:

Babyface & Toni Braxton — "Give U My Heart"
                              Toni Braxton — "Love Shoulda Brought You Home"
                              Toni Braxton — "Breathe Again"
                              Babyface — "What If"
                              Babyface — "Everytime I Close My Eyes"
                              Toni Braxton — "Un-Break My Heart"
                              Babyface — "Reason for Breathing"
                              Babyface & Toni Braxton — "Fire" (Babyface duet with Des'ree)
                              Toni Braxton — "Hands Tied"
                              Toni Braxton & Babyface — "How Could an Angel Break My Heart"
                              Toni Braxton & Babyface — "Yesterday" (Toni Braxton duet with Trey Songz)

Toni sounds incredible live, still better and vocally consistent than many 1990s vocalists out there, she has yet to put out a live album!

Comment

Maybe the remakes will also be remixes.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                  Toni sounds incredible live, still better and vocally consistent than many 1990s vocalists out there, she has yet to put out a live album!
                                  I would absolutely LOVE to see her live, but she never comes to the UK! She always seems to go to other flop European countries.

Comment

Toni live is very heavenly! I had the pleasure of seeing her once it was magical she really gets her audience involved a live album would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                      I would absolutely LOVE to see her live, but she never comes to the UK! She always seems to go to other flop European countries.
                                      I think she only goes overseas when it's invitational concerts.

Comment

she needs solid support and strong comeback! such talent should not be wasted another era
                                        my recommendation: NO DANCE music, back 2 roots

Comment

I think whatever happens with her future eras, she will struggle to reach 300,000 copies. I mean, she's like 44 now, and the last time she had a hit was when she was 33. I will already be happy if she promotes and puts herself out there. Exposure is the key.

Comment

What Toni needs is to rebuild her brand!!! She's a forgotten living legend. Her first 2 albums sold tens of millions globally!!!

If you ask me, I think the best way is for her to remind people where she comes from before bringing us new material. I'd like:
                                            - a live album (CD and DVD) of hits from all albums but mostly the first 2
                                            - a duets album where she remakes her own songs and adds a guest to every song
                                            - a mini tour of major cities promoting the duets albums and some new material
                                            - Behind the Music feature
                                            - new album release and promo
                                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Comment

Their voice work together but visually.... not buying this duet thing.

The video was rather awkward to watch and the cover is a bit awkward too. Anyways excited for this
                                                Forever Young

Comment

The Cover looks a little "hard"! :-?

Comment

The cover is very meh/emotionless.
                                                    Eudaimonia
                                                    Last.fm
                                                    Instagram

Comment

I like the cover. It's like it's suppose to be a movie promotion or something.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

The cover reminds me of the Pretty Woman movie for some reason.

Comment

Released on 4 Feb 2014. Tracklist here...

Track listing:

1. Roller Coaster
                                                          2. Sweat
                                                          3. Hurt you
                                                          4. Where did we go wrong
                                                          5. I hope that you're okay
                                                          6. I Wish
                                                          7. Take it back
                                                          8. Reunited
                                                          9. Broke
                                                          10. Heart Attack
                                                          11. The D word
                                                          http://www.myplaydirect.com/toni-braxto ... s/28982755

Comment

I'm here for this. Toni's first two album were thebomb.com and were produced by Babyface. On top of that Babyface produce almost every R&B slow jam in the 90's. This will be some 90's soul bliss for me.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                                                            X