Lady Gaga - ARTPOP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carbon

In conclusion, Gaga's entire discography aged horribly.
    I absolutely don't agree.
    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Re: Lady Gaga | ARTPOP

Most of her ballads are awful. Joanne and Million Reasons are the only decent ones. Though she hasn't recorded her "Love On The Brain" yet imo.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I can't believe some of you hate her ballads! I love all of them. She's always been incredible when it comes to ballads.
        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Re: Lady Gaga | ARTPOP

I actually like her ballads, they're pretty solid. Speechless could have been a classic if released as a single
          last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky
            I can't believe some of you hate her ballads! I love all of them. She's always been incredible when it comes to ballads.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon

I absolutely don't agree.

Comment

I can't believe some of you hate her ballads! I love all of them. She's always been incredible when it comes to ballads.
                I know right! Her ballads are usually stunning and on point, she had the perfect voice for them.
                i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

I don't think they are all awful but until Joanne most of her ballads were 'samey' if that makes sense. If she would perform Dope, Speechless, Fooled Me Again (even though unreleased),Till it happens to You all in the Same tour segment, I would need a break halfway. Beautiful but heavy

Comment

• Originally posted by Carbon
                    BTW is unlistenable to me nowadays, I can maybe use 2, 3 songs and even for that I have to be in a special nostalgic mood.

ARTPOP, well, not that I use many songs off it, but still more than BTW.

Poker Face still bops

I think she is doing fine... stuff like BTW yes.
                    Forever Young

Comment

• Having discovered 'Brooklyn Nights' just recently, I can't believe that she left it off the album is favor of 'Mary Jane Holland'. It would've really been a highlight on this, as a whole, rather weak album. But maybe she thought that it wouldn't have fitted on the album due to it sounding very 'The Fame'-esque... However, I still believe that that's the sound that suits her best even after all these years.
                      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                      and everything you stand for?
                      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                        It would've really been a highlight on this, as a whole, rather weak album.
                        Excuse me, sir?
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• [MENTION=55778]JeremySpears[/MENTION]: So you don't like 'Brooklyn Nights' much, dude?
                          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                          and everything you stand for?
                          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                            [MENTION=55778]JeremySpears[/MENTION]: So you don't like 'Brooklyn Nights' much, dude?
                            I never listened to Gaga‘s unreleased material.
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I actually like Mary Jane Holland, I am glad it is on this. Brooklyn Nights is cute and would be a nice track around Gypsy, but it could have been on the album without excluding anything

Comment

• Mary Jane Holland is an underrated bop.

I think Sexxx Dreams is quite overrated. And Jewels N Drugs is just terrible. But I love the rest of the album.

Comment

• This is probably my favourite Gaga album after The Fame/TFM. It's full of great songs, in fact only a couple that I don't like. I still don't understand why it's been so criticised. To me much better than BTW.
                                  It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                                  But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
                                    This is probably my favourite Gaga album after The Fame/TFM. It's full of great songs, in fact only a couple that I don't like. I still don't understand why it's been so criticised. To me much better than BTW.
                                    Same. I really like the flow of it, thought it does kind of sputter out towards the end. I like how she plunged headlong into the dancier side of her sound. She's a fabulous dance artist and I look forward to Gaga finding her back way to the dance floor.
                                    Last edited by NormiMalone; Mon July 22nd, 2019, 04:57.
                                    The sands of time fade into dark
                                    Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                    A message to madness
                                    Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Applause is still that gurl
                                      Forever Young

Comment

• Lady Gaga Releases New ‘Artpop’ Version Without R. Kelly

Lady Gaga has made new physical copies of her 2013 album Artpop available for preorder, only this time without the original album’s R. Kelly collaboration, “Do What U Want.”

The new vinyl and CD versions of Artpop are listed on Gaga’s website, due out November 11th, and both versions leave the single “Do What U Want” off the tracklist. An older vinyl version of Artpop that includes “Do What U Want” is still featured on the website, but is listed as “sold out.”

Several other former collaborators of Kelly have distanced themselves from the R&B artist in the wake of Surviving R. Kelly, released this past January, which highlighted the full extent of the sexual abuse allegations against him. But this will be the first time that an artist has done a full re-release of their album to remove his involvement.

Earlier this year, Lady Gaga vowed to remove “Do What U Want” from streaming platforms — a move similar to Chance the Rapper, who recently pulled his 2015 R. Kelly collaboration “Somewhere in Paradise” from streaming — and wrote an apology for his involvement with Artpop, calling the allegations against him “horrifying” and “indefensible.”

“As a victim of sexual assault myself, I made both the song and video at a dark time in my life,” she wrote.
                                        >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• I still find the move to remove a song really random and hypocritical from labels and artists. Especially in Gaga's case when she said she na s ically decided ARTPOP's tracklisting with her label. Dark times or not. R.Kelly's actions were the worst kept secret and people still worked with him while there was already gross footage online, yet instead of owning it, say you made a mistake and move on, we just gonna erase music from excistence? Even the money argument doesn't do it for me. So what if he makes some coins, either replace it with a solo version or the Xtina remix. But pretending it never excisted by removing it is stupid and weak. Watch the video leak sooner than later...

The vinyl copies with DWUW have reached sky high prices online, sad I didn't buy one a few months ago. Also annoying they call them back.

Comment

• ‪The topic of ARTPOP comes up, specifically Gaga's contentious 2019 tweet, "I don't remember ARTPOP," which sent fans into an absolute frenzy in defense of her underrated, critically slammed 2013 effort. As it turns out, Gaga does, in fact, recall her sometimes controversial third album. "I think it's funny that I'm not allowed to have a sense of humor," she says. "The internet is essentially a big joke, but if I tell one everyone freaks out. I don't regret my art, and I wouldn't suggest anyone do." Though ARTPOP couldn't possibly compare to the colossal success of Gaga's first two albums, it's certainly her most experimental to date. (Justice for "Sexxx Dreams," the hit single that never was.) "I look back at ARTPOP and look at music today, and I see a lot of things that were very..." Gaga pauses to find the right word. "Futuristic. Or they were ahead of their time, and I'm okay with saying that."‬

‪There was a period where Gaga says she was more "introspective" and therefore wanted to make music for herself, starting with ARTPOP and then with Joanne. Both albums were polarizing, vastly different projects for longtime fans to initially digest, but they froze an honest moment in time for an artist being pulled in two directions: by the immense pressures of fame, as well as her own need for self-fulfillment. "Joanne was exactly what I wanted to do," Gaga affirms. "The way I wanted to do it, the way I wanted it to sound, and so was ARTPOP — everything about it. Every album has been exactly what I wanted to make at that time. It's just there was a period where I think I forgot about where I was, and maybe that's why it's been so important for me with Chromatica to reestablish where I am for myself. So that here can mean something very powerful."‬
                                            https://www.papermag.com/lady-gaga-c...#rebelltitem28

Comment

• Yes to "Sexxx Dreams"!!

Comment

Working...
                                              X