Taylor Swift - Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Swift - Red

The title of her 4th studio album. She confirmed it in her Google+ broadcast.

Album cover:

- Out October 22nd

- The album has 16 tracks.

- The first single is titled 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'.

Lyrics:

Her favorite color is red, my favorite color is blue
    I wish she was dead, so I can be with you

YASS!!!! she's all edgy now!
    I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

Is this the cover?

http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/taylor ... album-red/
      >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by jkkdark
        Yes! I'm going to put that in the OP, if that's okay.

Comment

Symbolic…

Blue (1971) is the fourth album of Canadian singer-songwriter Joni Mitchell.

….RED is the fourth studio album for Taylor Swift!

Edit
          August 13, 2012 Auditions for major feature film 'Girls Like Us' starring Taylor Swift as Joni Mitchell...

http://www.acting-auditions.org/2012/08 ... girls.html
          Red took 5 weeks to hit 2m in US sales. Speak Now took 6. Fearless took 7. Taylor Swift took 61. 1989 hit 2m in 3 weeks...

Comment

Originally posted by Merci

I smell a Blue Ivy feature right there
            P=MC2's Top 20
            Poszilicious, pussy served delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by PosziMC2

I smell a Blue Ivy feature right there

I can't wait to hear the lead single! I hope it's as good as "Mine".
              Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Here's the new song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIeaOvcB3kc
                >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

They played it during the youtube stream. It is very early Avril, which was quite refreshing to hear. It's not the country mix so I'm wondering what that will sound like.

The "pop mix" at least was very good. Definitely one of her best songs yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CountryMan
                    Symbolic…

Oh God! :evil:

I'm now contacting the Illuminati president to say that we should delay Joni Mitchell's death for a couple of months.. you figured it out!

Comment

Oh my I love Red, my favourite colour! The cover is mature and the lead single is good... I hope it will be bigger than Mine, though it's no LS.. I like the edginess
                      God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

Comment

Is there a thread for the lead single??

Comment

Originally posted by Play
                          Originally posted by CountryMan
                          Symbolic…

Oh God! :evil:

I'm now contacting the Illuminati president to say that we should delay Joni Mitchell's death for a couple of months.. you figured it out!
                          :x
                          I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

Can't WAIT!
                            Eudaimonia
                            Last.fm
                            Instagram

Comment

I miss her logo on the new artwork... :(

Comment

Originally posted by StefanK
                                I miss her logo on the new artwork... :(
                                I thought the same thing.. it kind of became like an iconic logo for the fans..

Comment

The cover shot looks like those wannabe-hipster instagram pictures that all the cool kids post on Facebook.

Comment

Red is in pink though.

I love the vibe this era
                                    Forever Young

Comment

AMAZING cover!

Can't wait!!!
                                      Comes out four days before my holidays, so this will be maybe my tune of my holiday this year

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru
                                        Red is in pink though.

I love the vibe this era
                                        not pink. it just seems pink compared to her lips, bcos her lips are a very warm tone of red, while the "RED" is a cold tone of red.

lovely album cover.

I better not comment too much on what I heard so far, bcos I dont like the first single at all. I had some expectations, but unfortunately Im greatly disappointed.
                                        grant me wings that I might fly
                                        my restless soul is longing

Comment

Cover is ok, I'm here for 16 tracks though

Comment

I hope that in the other 15 tracks there are some tracks ala Safe & Sound, Eyes Open, Enchanted, or some really mature sounding...

Comment

This is shaping up to be an amazing album! The cover looks very mature! I really wish more continued success for Taylor! I love her!

Comment

Originally posted by swiftie13
                                                I hope that in the other 15 tracks there are some tracks ala Safe & Sound, Eyes Open, Enchanted, or some really mature sounding...
                                                Sorry this has nothing to do with the topic but : is this correct? English speakers say it?
                                                That's so funny, cause it comes from french (my mothertongue) but it is mispelled (it should be à la, and I would never have dared to use it in english !

Comment

Originally posted by taylorfan
                                                  Sorry this has nothing to do with the topic but : is this correct? English speakers say it?
                                                  That's so funny, cause it comes from french (my mothertongue) but it is mispelled (it should be à la, and I would never have dared to use it in english !
                                                  Who cares...

I agree with swiftie13. I was really impressed by Safe & Sound and Eyes Open. I need more songs like these..

Comment

Originally posted by truthless
                                                    Originally posted by taylorfan
                                                    Who cares...

I agree with swiftie13. I was really impressed by Safe & Sound and Eyes Open. I need more songs like these..
                                                    LOL sorry I don't know how to answer that question, I just say it XD... but yes those two songs I thought were hints as to what she was heading for, and then we get this... It's am amazingly catchy pop tune.. and a hit waiting to happen, but that's it. I still hope the album has those hidden treasures that all her albums do. I hope she jsut released it to get back on radio cause it is really nothing on her normal level.

Comment

When I've read "4th record" I was like 'what, isn't this her third?'... I don't know why but I always forget about her debut album!
                                                      My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

I want more songs like Safe & Sound. That was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by alxx
                                                          I want more songs like Safe & Sound. That was fantastic.
                                                          It was/ It is
                                                          Eudaimonia
                                                          Last.fm
                                                          Instagram

Comment

Taylor Swift goes ‘to some really dark places’ on new album

Of course, Taylor Swift is singing about love and heartbreak on her upcoming fourth album, Red, but this time she's tweaking her winning formula just a bit. Her new direction is evident on the first single, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," which is a departure from her country-pop sound with a somewhat hip-hop-inspired beat. And the risk is paying off: the track sold a record-breaking 623,000 digital downloads in its first week alone.
                                                            But it wasn't a smooth ride to get there for Swift, 22. "I went through a few roller coasters," she tells Rolling Stone of the romantic relationships she's had over the past two years since she released Speak Now. "Trying to chronicle each step of the way was challenging, because you go to some really dark places with the lyrics. Then in the next track, you're talking about how amazing it is to meet somebody new."
                                                            For Red, which will be released on October 22, Swift decided to work with other songwriters for the first time and joined forces with Max Martin, who has worked with Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, and Adele collaborator Dan Wilson in both Nashville and Los Angeles in between stops on her world tour. The result was nearly 40 songs, which she has since whittled down to just 16. "I felt like an apprentice," Swift says of her talented writing partners. "They taught me so much about melodic sense, and they let me do what I love, which is the lyrics."

Swift, who began a whirlwind romance with 18-year-old Conor Kennedy this summer, also credits the evolution of her own musical tastes … to hip-hop and R&B. After all, she collaborated with rapper B.o.B. on the hit "Both of Us," which went to No. 18 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart. "I have so many play­lists full of Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown," she says. "I love Wiz Khalifa."

But though the sound of her songs may have changed, the core of every Taylor Swift song remains the same: "I know general things about love," she tells Rolling Stone. "How to treat people well, what you deserve, and when to walk away. Other than that, love is a complete mystery — and that's why I like to write about it."
                                                            I'm intereted on this one for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                                            X