No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift - We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a few more listens I really like it, but I still think the lyrics are almost a parody of herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Garf69
      Originally posted by swiftie13
      Originally posted by RudeBoi
      There's always a first time.
      That'd very true. Many of her songs have deserved the #1 spot...

This one does not LOL... I still hope it's a bigger hit than Mine.
      Taylor will never forgive you for that..... "LIKE EVER!"
      nice... "Never say neverr..."
      God Bless You... Akipaul> My Week Chart Potterhead.

Comment

I think a VMA performance is very likely to happen!!
        ? Girls' Generation ?
        ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

great song! kinda reminds me of old Avril Lavigne
          yet i still prefer "Mine"

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim
            I feel like I've gone back 5-8 years in some pop time machine
            Yeah, I was instantly reminded of Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday"!

I'm glad she's went with a different sound with this track. It's so bubblegum, but catchy. The lyrics are everything I can't stand about her, but I can't deny this track is cute.
            late.

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
              I think a VMA performance is very likely to happen!!
              I hope so! Unless she pulls an "Innocent" and sings a completely new song that would never be released LOL

Comment

Pretty meh song. It sounds like some Let Go leftover with chessy lyrics.

The chorus is catchy but I can´t stand the talking part. It is really cringeworthy.

Definitely a dissapointment. I was expecting something a little more grown-up a la "Safe and Sound"
                Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Sounds like an Ashlee Simpson's song. And she sounds like Avril. And I like it!

Comment

Originally posted by sambo9
                    After a few more listens I really like it, but I still think the lyrics are almost a parody of herself.
                    I think that's the purpose of the song to be funny...just listen to the tone of her voice she isn't being serious at all.

And for everyone saying the song is childish/immature guess what that is the purpose of the song open your ears and listen to the tone she is singing in. Some of you act like she is a 40 year old woman who isn't allowed to make a fun song.
                    We are never ever ever getting back together.....like ever

Comment

This is stuck in my head!
                      My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
                        I know right?! Has to be the most persistent Taylor chorus ever LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
                          I know right?! Has to be the most persistent Taylor chorus ever LOL
                          The chorus is infectious!
                          My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

Ok this is really addictive.. a guilty pleasure!
                            I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcMn_...layer_embedded

Lyric Video
                              We are never ever ever getting back together.....like ever

Comment

its a bit depressing

Comment

The lack of country flavor will definitely disappoint some people. She'll probably lose some of her country fans.
                                  ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

The lack of country flavor will definitely disappoint some people. She'll probably lose some of her country fans.
                                    There is a country remix sent to radios soon !

Comment

Originally posted by jpguy
                                      OH okay, I didn't know that!
                                      ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

This is a cool song!

To be honest I never considered her to be a country singer, she is pop!
                                        Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

[quote=joiPrince_JO]
                                          Originally posted by jpguy
                                          Originally posted by "joiPrince_JO":26gp7ied
                                          OH okay, I didn't know that![/quote:26gp7ied]I think you can hear it 2 pages back Jo !

Comment

Gotta say I love this! Massive radio hit right here!
                                            You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

mhhmhmhmmmm....don't know, sounds really like a mix of Avril & Kate Nash...I'll have to listen again

edit:

ahaaaam, I like it! agree with Garf, that this could do similar to CMM but, it'll need a VMA performance at first

Comment

They need to release the country remix on iTunes like NOW! I want that version more than the poppy version

Comment

Originally posted by NoAngels
                                                  This is a cool song!

To be honest I never considered her to be a country singer, she is pop!
                                                  She is def in the pop/country part. Like carrie underwood. They are the easiest and most popular examples. I consider Jessie James as an another example. There are alot more to consider. Artists/Groups like Billy Currington, Jason Aldean, Lonestar, ... are more 'pure' country.

Both genres have the typical country voices (although she sounds a bit too much avril for me on this record, i still like it though lol). Another clearly resemblance is the very concrete lyrics, styles of main instruments, ... . Carrie and taylor are just extremely talented in finding a balance between both genres. That's always reflected and very obvious in their studio albums. They can just reach more people with their music, the country isn't always that dominate, but it's def there. Just like dolly parton did in the past in europe. It depends on the team you have, image and the aspirations you have and so on...

But I do agree that this is her most poppy and simple first single. On the one hand that's a turn off and on the other hand it's damn catchy and (maybe) a smart move. I love mine, but maybe it failed a huger impact because it had more country elements. And I have faith in taylor that she will change it up on her album. Well I hope, otherwise i would be disappointed I don't care what they say about her, but creating albums fearless and speak now! on that age is just phenomenal. Especially for someone who writes her own songs, melodies, ... (not everything ofcourse lol). She may be whining alot about the same things, but I don't get sick of it. Her lyrics are extremely clever.

But okay now I am whining too much. Seeing taylor swift as only pop is like saying that beyonce is only a pop artist and has nothing to do with r&b.
                                                  Eudaimonia
                                                  Last.fm
                                                  Instagram

Comment

This is so atrocious that I kinda like it. It's like it's a blend of all the genericness of Max Martin & Dr Luke mixed with all the immature childish crap lyrics she usually spews but it works and I hate myself for enjoying it.

Comment

30 million AI already: broke the 1 day record.. this type of slayage.. cannot handle it.. did not see it coming!

Comment

LOL! at this turned out to be Max Martin!! you can say whatever about him, generic or not, the guy is a genius, for god sake I didn't even know it was by him and I loved it, (I never had a Taylor song before)

Comment

30 million AI already: broke the 1 day record.. this type of slayage.. cannot handle it.. did not see it coming!
                                                          Wow. Number 1 is in the bag then
                                                          #Pray4AL6

Comment

I wonder if she will debut this week because of this ariplay like at 100-90ish and jump to #1 next week when its sales count.. I hope it either debuts at #1 next week or at #100 and jumps to #1 the following LOL

Comment

I wonder if she will debut this week because of this ariplay like at 100-90ish and jump to #1 next week when its sales count.. I hope it either debuts at #1 next week or at #100 and jumps to #1 the following LOL
                                                              Yeah! It's bound to debut somewhere considering it's got 30AI in one day... If it enters the Bubbling under (100+) and then climbs to number 1 will that still count as a debut?
                                                              #Pray4AL6

Comment

Working...
                                                              X