Kylie Minogue - The Abbey Road Sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio 2: Kylie at 25

Part 1 of a 2 part interview reflecting on her career and featuring exclusive tracks from the Abbey Road Sessions. The Nick Cave duet is on this. Nice interview.
    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (11th July 20) - Jessie Ware breaks a record! Plus Jessie Frye, Teenage Joans, AA Williams, Allie X, Samantha Crain, Future Islands, San Cisco, Static-X, Ghum, Liza Owen, Wye Oak, Declan McKenna, Blues Pills, Kid Cudi ft Eminem, Polly Scattergood, Dream Wife, Willie Nelson, Keleketla!...

Comment

New Abbey Road pics (said to be from the booklet):

They're both better than the album cover imo!

And some newsworthy things:
      - There was an Abbey Road Sessions press conference in London today
      - Kylie will probably appear on Strictly Come Dancing in the coming weeks
      - The ITV Kylie special is definitely happening

It looks like her label might get this right!

Comment

Strictly is better than nothing! Can't wait for the Kylie special though I hope it's not purely the Abbey Road versions, a mix would be great. Good to see some more televised promo.
        THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Let's hope in some decent sales!
          The album is good, really deserve it!
          Cupid Boy, Give Me Your Love.

Comment

^ Yes! After the underperformance of Timebomb, I hope she gets the success she deserves.

LOL I see I'm totally spamming this thread... Anyway, here are some new booklet pics:

Comment

All the new pictures are great... and most of them are better that the one chosen to be the cover!
              My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

I want this to leak already
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

The photo Thomy has used as his avatar would've made such a good album cover instead!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                    The photo Thomy has used as his avatar would've made such a good album cover instead!
                    +1 she looks hotter too

Comment

The airplay is really poor :(

Looks a fan release only...

Comment

^ Yeah 'Flower' hasn't exactly set the charts on fire but I don't think this is a fan release, Team Kylie wouldn't put this much effort into the project if that was the case, plus Flower wasn't promoted at all which is the main reason for its underperformance. They already have promo lined up, with TV appearances and a TV special (I also think it will be Record of the Week on BBC Radio 2 when it's released, which means they'll play many album tracks throughout that week).

Anyway, I'd definitely predict a Top 10 peak in the UK (if the half-arsed Best Of collection could chart at #11, then it shouldn't be too difficult). Maybe Top 5 if we're lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomyX
                          ^ Yeah 'Flower' hasn't exactly set the charts on fire but I don't think this is a fan release, Team Kylie wouldn't put this much effort into the project if that was the case, plus Flower wasn't promoted at all which is the main reason for its underperformance. They already have promo lined up, with TV appearances and a TV special (I also think it will be Record of the Week on BBC Radio 2 when it's released, which means they'll play many album tracks throughout that week).

Anyway, I'd definitely predict a Top 10 peak in the UK (if the half-arsed Best Of collection could chart at #11, then it shouldn't be too difficult). Maybe Top 5 if we're lucky.

They want to sell albums, instead of the single! That's why they were giving Flower for free with album pre-sale!

.....and that's why Flower is underperforming...

Comment

Radio 2: Kylie at 25 Part 2

Paul Gambaccini brings his impeccable inquisitorial skills into play when he engages Kylie Minogue in a frank and revealing interview to mark the Princess of Pop's 25 years in the music business. How has Kylie managed to remain fresh and relevant over 25 years of changing musical tastes and fashions? And the Madonna effect - find out why she remains Kylie's hero.
                            All The Lovers sounds gorgeous.
                            Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (11th July 20) - Jessie Ware breaks a record! Plus Jessie Frye, Teenage Joans, AA Williams, Allie X, Samantha Crain, Future Islands, San Cisco, Static-X, Ghum, Liza Owen, Wye Oak, Declan McKenna, Blues Pills, Kid Cudi ft Eminem, Polly Scattergood, Dream Wife, Willie Nelson, Keleketla!...

Comment

I can't believe there's no "Get Outta My Way"!

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
                                All The Lovers sounds gorgeous.
                                It really does! 'I Believe In You' is also fantastic but I refused to listen to anything other than these two... I don't want to spoil the surprise. Her vocals are top notch, by the way!

Some chart stats:
                                In the latest rolling airplay chart, 'Flower' is at #42 with 18.15 million audience impressions! I guess the A listing on Radio 2 did the trick.

Back cover of the album:

(It's the vinyl edition, the CD might get a different one)

Comment

The airplay stas is a great news!

in Uk iTunes

Flower#240
                                  The Abbey Road Sessions #81 [pre-order] [edit #70 now]

You see how abbey sells more than Flower, just because this last is included in the album for free.

It's not that stupid move..

Comment

She's had good work done...

Comment

Kylie will be on StandUp for Cancer on Channel4 tonight....we don't know if she sings or just an interview.

Comment

Kylie is going to appear on the Jonathan Ross Show on 27th October. No performance, unfortunately. :-?

Comment

Guys,

Flower CD/Disc etc sales get added week of 12th November. Not sure if there are 5000 CDs and 5000 discs or just 5000 combined but if they have sold well then that will do well that week. I then wondered why release these physicals on 12th November is it to co-incide with a TV appearance? Will Kylie sing Flower on Childeren in Need? Strictly? Xfactor? if so and if they release a EP on itunes etc then the song could well go top 40 on Sunday the 18th

As for Abbey Road, well it has already sold well on itunes pre-order due to free flower song. HMV has 3 editions all selling well on pre-orders. Only Matt Cardle selling more and Kylie's 2nd and 3rd deluxe versions are selling better than Matt's.... She will also no doubt sell a lot of her website directly. and Amazon is now showing the 2 CD versions in the top 80 sales when a few days ago they where 157 and 353.... so things picking up...... expect more promo and the album i am confident will go top 10

Comment

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/comingSoon.do?ctx ... tiaryID=-1

pre-order best sellers for 29th October.... Kylie has 3 versions of Abbey Road doing well

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finer-Feelings/ ... sic&sr=1-1

finer feelings abbey road version FREE download on Amazon

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -live.html

Kylie performs Flower at Wembley Arena in Strictly :0 :0

Comment

Originally posted by garrison
                                                  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2220860/Strictly-Come-Dancing-Kylie-Minogue-Girls-Aloud-signed-perform-live.html

Kylie performs Flower at Wembley Arena in Strictly :0 :0
                                                  Whoop, thanks for that! I'm glad she'll finally start promoting the album, she can achieve huge success when she makes the public aware of her new material.

Comment

Yeah that would be a great platform, if it times well with the physical release it could help it chart in the top 40. Although there's rumours she's releasing another single next month from the album.

Comment

Album is #32 and #90 on Amazon now. It's climbing really quickly.

Really, really excited for this album, even moreso than if she was releasing a new studio album. I've only heard 'Flower' so I'm looking really forward to hearing the reworkings of the other tracks.

Glad to see a lot of promotion going ahead for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshie
                                                        Amazon USA? UK?

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen
                                                          Amazon USA? UK?
                                                          UK

I didn't even know it was being released in the US?

Comment

I didn't even know it was being released in the US?
                                                            It is, on Nov 5.

90-second long previews are now available in some iTunes Stores (Spain, Hungary, Bulgaria), you guys need to check them out, they're amazing! Slow and Never Too Late slayyy me.

EDIT:
                                                            + In My Arms (Preview)
                                                            Beautiful! It's like a whole different song!

I'm so excited for this release, and there's only one week left! One could call me deluded but I do believe it will be a successful Kylie project and it will score her some top 10s on several album charts. The timing is also great, music like this is always welcomed at this time of the year.

Comment

http://www.kylie.com/news/2012/10/only-100-left/

get your vinyls quick!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X