Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kylie Minogue - The Abbey Road Sessions

KYLIE – THE ABBEY ROAD SESSIONS

Kylie Minogue releases her brand new album “The Abbey Road Sessions” on Parlophone Records on October 29.

The album features sixteen tracks, all radically reworked, spanning Kylie’s incredible 25 year career. The album was recorded in London’s legendary Abbey Road Studios with Kylie’s band and a full orchestra.

Nick Cave re-recorded his vocal on the famous duet, “Where The Wild Roses Grow”, especially for the album.

Other highlights of the album include a wonderfully poignant “Better The Devil You Know”, the ever-amazing “Confide In Me”, a sultry “On A Night Like This”, a joyous “All The Lovers”, the beautiful “Finer Feelings” and a version of “The Locomotion” which swaggers with true 1950’s panache.

Over all 16 tracks one thing becomes very clear – stripped of her high end pop production, the emotional resonance of many of Kylie’s songs has never been clearer, nor has her voice ever sounded better.

Kylie will perform most tracks from the album with the BBC Symphony Orchestra this Saturday September 8th at London’s Hyde Park, headlining Proms In the Park. Click here to http://shop.emimusic.com/kylie/*/The-Ab ... -Sessions/

The track-listing for the album is:

ALL THE LOVERS

ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS

BETTER THE DEVIL YOU KNOW

HAND ON YOUR HEART

I BELIEVE IN YOU

COME INTO MY WORLD

FINER FEELINGS

CONFIDE IN ME

SLOW

THE LOCOMOTION

CAN’T GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD

WHERE THE WILD ROSES GROW

FLOWER

I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

NEVER TOO LATE

“The Abbey Road Sessions” will be available in the following formats:

CD

DIGITAL

LIMITED EDITION DELUXE CD

LIMITED 12” VINYL WITH CD – ONLY AVAILABLE AT

http://shop.emimusic.com/kylie/*/The-Ab ... -Sessions/
    http://imageshack.com/a/img849/1083/53i6.jpg - Ghost Stories Collection
    http://imageshack.com/a/img673/1381/YsoAr1.jpg - Album of 2014

Bloody hell she looks gorgeous on the cover!

Definitely getting this, so many of her songs work when stripped.

Comment

I hope it's good! I was very excited about the idea but the tracklisting is questionable, but I can't complain since bitch has like hunders of songs, so of course she can't please everybody and some WILL end up disappointed about a song not being there no matter what.. so maybe if they did a couple of mashups just to squeeze more some songs in there?

could also end up a mess if not done right
      I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

I have some reservation about the tracklist as well, but this project is promising anyway!
        My Chart

My Rihanna Countdown

Comment

Originally posted by GoodBoyGoneBad
          I have some reservation about the tracklist as well, but this project is promising anyway!
          BadGirl's Top 50

Comment

I like the track listing, I like the fact that she still likes to work with her older material like Hand On Your Heart and Never Too Late.

Comment

OMG I'm dead. I'm totally here for Flower and the eagerly awaited (posibbly) ballad version of Hand On Your Heart. The cover is gorgeous, so classy! I'm definitely getting the deluxe CD with the book!

Comment

Originally posted by ThomyX
                OMG I'm dead. I'm totally here for Flower and the eagerly awaited (posibbly) ballad version of Hand On Your Heart. The cover is gorgeous, so classy! I'm definitely getting the deluxe CD with the book!
                I'm getting the deluxe as well!

Comment

New info:
                  - The Japanese edition of the album is going to include 'In My Arms' as a bonus track. Source

Release dates:
                  Japan: 24 October
                  Germany & Australia: 26 October
                  Rest of World (excluding US): 29 October
                  United States: 6 November

Plus here's the original photo of the album cover in HQ.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomyX
                    New info:
                    - The Japanese edition of the album is going to include 'In My Arms' as a bonus track. Source
                    Thank you! now I'll have to get that one as well

Comment

Kylie's premiering some songs from the album live this Saturday! She's headlining for BBC's Proms In The Park.

There's going to be a live stream available worldwide:
                      http://venturetv.me/channel1.php
                      Big thanks to the SayHey Forum for the link!

UK viewers can catch the show as a Red Button Coverage on BBC2, or whatever that is... The show starts at 7.30 pm (UK time).

Comment

Kylie was amazing tonight, she sounded and looked great. Some of the reworked versions (like Wow, The Locomotion, or Slow) are CRAZY! I mean, Wow with a gospel choir... And surprisingly it works! Can't wait for the album now!

You can listen to the full set HERE

Pictures:

Comment

nothing special if that album will be like that...i won't but it... :-?
                          http://imageshack.com/a/img849/1083/53i6.jpg - Ghost Stories Collection
                          http://imageshack.com/a/img673/1381/YsoAr1.jpg - Album of 2014

Comment

Can't Get You Out Of My Head sounds incredible!
                            BadGirl's Top 50

Comment

Originally posted by Supernatural
                              nothing special if that album will be like that...i won't but it... :-?

Comment

Originally posted by BadGirl
                                Can't Get You Out Of My Head sounds incredible!
                                Testament to what a great song it is, regardless of the arrangement it always sounds brilliant! The strings make it dramatic.

Comment

I would prefer an album of new material. With the antitour and an album like this she's catering only to hardcore fans. Which is a wrong move if you ask me.
                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Well it's her 25 year career landmark so she's spending the year giving the fans something back! Plus we did have "Timebomb".

Comment

The cover looks very much like 21

I'll give this a proper listen some time soon

Comment

So "Wow" was included in the setlist but it's not on the album?

Comment

Originally posted by DavNcc1701E
                                          So "Wow" was included in the setlist but it's not on the album?
                                          Yes (sadly). Though after the massive positive reaction, it might become an iTunes Bonus Track, a B-side to the 'Flower' single or someting...

Comment

Previews are now available!

HMVDigital has just uploaded the album with previews of the 16 songs. They sound AMAZING!

Listen to them here:
                                            http://www.hmvdigital.com/artist/kylie/ ... d-sessions

They sound like totally new songs, and her vocals >>>>

Comment

Previews sound promising! I have a feeling I'll love this album!
                                              vulnicura.

Comment

"Love At First Sight" sounds great!

Comment

Wow is in tracklist of australian edition (bonus track)

Comment

Originally posted by Malekula
                                                    Wow is in tracklist of australian edition (bonus track)
                                                    Really? That's great news, the Proms version was excellent! I just hope the gospel choir is included in the studio version as well.

On another note, the deluxe version on HMV includes exclusive postcards!

By the way, I uploaded the Album Teaser on YouTube for those who can't play the previews on hmv or prefer listening to it on YT. 'Never Too Late' is giving me life!

Comment

Listen to the Album Preview!

http://www.hmvdigital.com/artist/kylie/ ... d-sessions

It's ab stunning!!
                                                      Cupid Boy, Give Me Your Love.

Comment

Some previews are indeed amazing, but I have to admit that others don't appeal to me at all. Usually, I'm not a fan of that kind of music. Can't stand what she has done to "Better The Devil You Know".

That said, I think that "Confide In Me", "On A Night Like This" and "Where The Wild Roses Grow" are amazing!
                                                        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Judging the previews, the album is going to be amazing, her vocals have never sounded this good, I guess! The only preview I'm not too keen on is 'Love At First Sight', I think they changed the melody a bit too much, though it's hard to judge when we've heard only 30 seconds.

The new Slow and Come Into My World (which reminds me a bit of Someone Like You) sound amazing and I can already feel that Locomotion is going to make me shake it... However, my personal #1 is Never Too Late so far. If the whole song is as good as the preview, I'm gonna be slayed.

Comment

Posted 5 days ago on Kylie's YouTube:
                                                            Official Album Sampler

Never Too Late still slays me hard!
                                                            By the way, an insider fan says Kylie's filmed an ITV special which is going to air soon and she's going to perform a bunch of songs.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X