Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Flatline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn! About time!!

I loved their version of Lay Down In Swimming Pools so to say i'm excited for this is a freakin' understatement!!

Seeing them in August. Can't wait!
    "Free me, FreE.M.I!" - sing it Joss!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin
      Originally posted by sidesauce
      Just a little "insider knowledge" for you guys.

I worked on the record (as co-producer) and can assure you it's a great song - think classic Sugababes vocals, musical elements of Prince's "When Doves Cry" crossed with Coldplay, no typical EDM/RnB here! I can imagine this song at a festival as the ending is particularly anthemic...

The best part is that the girls themselves sound great.
      Thanks! Can you tell us more about the single or album? Do you know when exactly the song will premiere this month?

The thoughts of having the Origi-Babes back in my life is just so satisfying. 'Babes are gonna pull some weaves.
      I can't really say too much about the single (or album) for obvious reasons but I know that there's no record in the chart right now that sounds anything like this. It's a mid-tempo but the end of the record is sonically totally different to the beginning. I think it's a grower as opposed an obvious/in your face type vibe but normally they're the best ones aren't they!?

As for when it's released, I have no idea - the way I got involved with this record was a bit weird so in some respects I'm as much in the dark as everyone else. I can say though that I had the pleasure of recording some of their vocals for the song (yes, all 3 girls came to my little studio!) and there was a lot of fun and genuine laughs had in that session.

I'm proud to be involved in the making of this record and I'm very excited for the the girls reunion too.

Comment

Say hello from us!!

Genuinely looking forward to hearing this. I just hope it comes soon!

I love different sounding songs, these days a majority of songs in the charts sounds like the next.

Comment

They're playing at Brighton Pride in August so i'm assuming the single will be released around then as it looks like the start of some promo...

Comment

LINK TO AUDIO

Comment

They should premiere it on the radio or something. I doubt they can have a hit with premiering it on a soundcloud. Surely, loads of people don't know they are back.
              Pleasure over matter.

Comment

It sounds... interesting!

I think I'll grow to love it. More of a rock sound than an RnB sound IMO

Comment

Sounds really weak for a first single tbh

Comment

Love it! Love the Siobhan vocals. She's best miss her so much! (hope for another solo )

Comment

Originally posted by missionz
                      I love the sound of it

Comment

Merely after a few listens and it's giving me goosebumps!

It's pretty epic!

Comment

omg sounds magical!! I think it'll be incredible

Comment

sounds good!

Comment

I like the sound of this. It has a good vibe to it.

Comment

Sounds pretty EPIC to me... can't wait to hear the full song!
                                "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

It's even better than I thought it would be and I had high expectations. The outro really is quite gorgeous.

Comment

Although it sounds good from the preview, I don't think it's strong enough as a first single to re-establish them...
                                    Listen to my 2016 Eurovision Song Contest entry: MIRACLE

Comment

Totally not what I was expecting from them, but I'll take anything I can get with Siobhan's Jesus-worthy vocals featuring. So good to have her back.
                                      Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                                      Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

Wow, their vocals sound heavenly!

Can't wait for the full thing.
                                        LONG LIVE GIRLS ALOUD

Comment

i'm not really impressed with what I have heard ...
                                          Last FM <3
                                          Instagram

Comment

It sounds decent, but the mixing needs some working on. The vocals and the harmonies are lost in the production I think which is strange from a Dev Hynes production

Comment

At last - new Quiche!

Comment

Sounds really epic like. Here for it.
                                                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Loving the sound of this, I'm especially happy to hear Siobhan again. <3
                                                  The alternative to the real world.

Comment

This sounds amazing, didn't realise how I've missed their sound, can't wait to hear it in full

Comment

Originally posted by RaFanatic
                                                      They should premiere it on the radio or something. I doubt they can have a hit with premiering it on a soundcloud. Surely, loads of people don't know they are back.

A bit dramatic, considering it's only a short clip that was uploaded to soundcloud?

Comment

Originally posted by missionz
                                                        Originally posted by RaFanatic

A bit dramatic, considering it's only a short clip that was uploaded to soundcloud?
                                                        Yeah I mean, the full track hasn't even premiered yet so why would it be on radio just yet?! Its not even out until August at the earliest.

And it's no secret they're back.

Give it a month or 2 and they'll be EVERYWHERE.

Comment

I'm so ready for their comeback.
                                                          'Flatline' sounds good! This is going to be a big hit
                                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by UKMusicLova
                                                            It sounds decent, but the mixing needs some working on. The vocals and the harmonies are lost in the production I think which is strange from a Dev Hynes production
                                                            Only it doesn't because it's a 96kbps mp3 - it also isn't entirely Dev production, in fact this whole section of the track bar some of the guitars is my own work...

I'd love to show you how this song sounded before I did anything to it. But I can't.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X