• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link doesn't work. :( :-?
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

I heard "Royals" for the first time in full yesterday

But it was stuck in my head for the whole day and i just pre-ordered the album now

Comment

ALBUM STREAM:
        http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/958138/vh ... orde.jhtml
        vulnicura.

Comment

After the first listen I can call it the best release of 2013.

Comment

400 Lux sounds more alternative than the rest of her songs, I like it, the structure of the song isn't very defined and the productions sounds cool and edgy.

Ribs doesn't impress me that much, but it's good. Similar to the verses in Tennis Court. It sounds like an Ellie Goulding song.

Buzzcut Season is good, the production sounds almost like a Drake song.

In Glory and Gore her voice sounds a little bit different, more mature and powerful. Lana Del Rey vibes in the heavy hip hop-influenced production, not very far from Tennis Court, probably just a little less instant.

Still Sane sounds like a filler, but once again is very decent, extremely minimalist.

White Teeth Teens sounds good, it has a little more "oomph" compared to the other songs, probably because of the loud drums.

A World Alone is a great closing track, a little bit faster during the chorus.

OVERALL

I feel like this album is a lot more polished and slow than Lana's Born to Die. It's not a problem for me, but it will probably be a problem for many others. Don't expect another Royals, and it's clear that Tennis Court and Team are the closest things to an uptempo in the album. It's a good debut album, but I'm quite sure it will be re-released very early, or probably followed by another album. Smart choice to have just 10 songs and such a short album (37 minutes), considering the very samey production. At the end, Lorde didn't disappoint me at all: good job, my favourite new artist of 2013.

It's a 7.5/10 for the album.
            Lollo's Weekly Chart - 11/09/2016

Comment

A bit disappointed on the first listen.

Apart from White Teeth Teens and the singles, I'm not looking forward to replaying the album. Still Sane is horrible.

Comment

Boo, I can't listen.

Someone's leaked it onto YouTube though, so shall get in there.

Comment

Listening now...

Glory & Gore does have that LDR vibe about it, but in a different way to Tennis Court, so I agree with Lollo there. I don't mind it. I like the sound of the last verse, I was vibing along to it.
                  Really like the opening to A World Alone. Decent closer, but it goes on for a bit too long IMO. A minute less would've been better.
                  Buzzcut Season is alright.
                  Quite like Ribs, or at least what I heard of it.
                  Ooh loving the edgy vibe of 400 Lux!
                  Still Sane seems like a filler tune, so I shall agree with you there. Its not that crap, but that said, I doubt I'll be back for a repeat listen and it is the worst song on the album.
                  White Teeth Teens is good! Change of pace from the downtempo of the majority of the album.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
                  Gimme a few months to fully take this in, then I'll get back to you about how I feel about this album. I didn't really have expectations, even though I adore the first 2 singles and am on my way to liking Team again. This will get lapped up by the indie/alt kids though.

Comment

Woo, after listening to the new JT album, it's Lorde's turn now. *plays album*

Comment

Excited, let me listen this right away!
                      be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

Based on first play, I like this a lot. Great debut album! I have to agree that Still Sane is by far my least favorite, it's a filler.

Oh, and I love Team now.

Comment

Excited for this one.

Comment

An okay album.
                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

It's okay, Ribs and Buzzcut Season + singles are great, others are listenable.

Comment

Lorde, 'Pure Heroine': Track-By-Track Review

That's amazing, get that critical acclaim!

Comment

I love her singles but she got overrated pretty quick
                                  I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her \_(?)_/

Comment

I hope that she's able to get some Grammy nods for Pure Heroine + Royals

Comment

Originally posted by Merci
                                      Overrated how? Album leaked few days ago and only few members commented.

Comment

Originally posted by Serby
                                        Originally posted by Merci
                                        Overrated how? Album leaked few days ago and only few members commented.
                                        lol the album leak has nothing to do with her being overrated, my friend (and his friend) have been doing the most since June

Comment

Don't let them ruin Lorde for you, check the album, you might like it. I barely know anyone who has heard of her.

Comment

I agree with her being overrated, the songs are good and I like the lyrical direction but it's hardly anything groundbreaking and the production is really lacking. I can't stand the original version of Royals, The Weeknd's remix is x100 better!

Comment

I like every song except Ribs and Still Sane.

Glory & Gore is my favourite. I'm just in love with the album. I'll admit the songs are very samesy. The lyrics venture around the same subject matter. But she's reproduced a forumla that's really great, so every song is catchy.

The production by Joel really lifts the album, it's what elevates it from basic indie pop.

I just find it refreshing.
                                              Originally posted by Thriller
                                              Not a real song, post it in one of your hit This N That threads

Comment

I'm not so happy with the Album, especially after buying The Love Club Ep and Tennis Court Ep, i just expected it to be much better. Gonna leave this out cause i have already enough Lorde Songs
                                                But honey I'll be seein' you down every road...

Comment

Got my copy yesterday, haven't listened to it all yet, but I'd already heard the preview, so theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere......

Ain't gonna comment on all this "overrated" stuff. I've been listening to her since March, still digging what she produces...but that might be because I'm officially stanning for her. The real test will come with the 2nd album methinks.

Had a read of the thank you notes on the way home yesterday & I adore the bit where she says something about how she might hate this album down the track because that's in her teenage nature, but for now she's proud of what she's done.

Comment

Loving it more and more with each listen. 400 Lux, Buzzcut Season, A World Alone + singles are my faves!

Comment

I might download this. I'm a bit bored of the hype around her already, living in New Zealand and all though lol I went into the record store the other day and her album was ALL OVER THE PLACE. Like they had stands of it in about 25 different places in the store

I liked the Love Club EP, so I'll probably like the album too.
                                                      I've now met Dean Ambrose FOUR TIMES - 28/03/15, 02/04/16, 20/08/16 & 01/04/17!!

Comment

excluding Royals, Tennis Court and Team, Buzzcut Season is my favorite, followed by Ribs and Glory & Gore!
                                                        overall on first listen it's a good/alright album!

Comment

I live for this album. I can't get enough of Ribs.
                                                          My Last.fm

Comment

Buzzcut Season is my fave atm. It's so amazing

Comment

Finally got my copy yesterday and listened to it. It's a nice debut album, but there's nothing outstanding. "Royals" remains the best track.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X