Lorde - Pure Heroine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nippian93

am I the only one who thought about Rihanna reading this respond, specially the line "just start the machine up every eighteen months"
    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles
      Originally posted by Nippian93

am I the only one who thought about Rihanna reading this respond, specially the line "just start the machine up every eighteen months"
      lol first thing on my mind too, it's funny how brain works
      2009 YEC[#1]
      2011 CHARTS

Comment

• I love her answer, she's definitely not going for the mainstream business puppet kind of artist who is in it for the sales and marketing hype.

Comment

• This is definitely one of my favorite albums from the decade.

Just absolutely amazing. Not one bad song.
          I still don't understand how she was able going from this masterpiece to the tragic that is her sophomore album. What happened?

Comment

• It’s #31 on Slant Magazine’s list of the 100 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

31. Lorde, Pure Heroine
            Few things are more dire than the lyrical scribbling of 16-year-olds, as my own buried marble notebooks can surely attest. But New Zealand teen Lorde manages to be both precocious and perceptively relevant on her debut album, a portrait of desiccated youth. Full of strikingly concise, surprisingly mature pop songs, Pure Heroine conveys the exhaustion of growing up in a hall of mirrors, the usual difficulties of identity formation further confused by the hollow expectations of a fame-obsessed, copycat culture. There’s nothing inherently groundbreaking here, the sort of rebellion that’s been into practice put by teen-pop artists for decades, but rarely have those proclamations been issued with such impressive articulation and grace. Cataldo
            https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...the-2010s/amp/
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It’s #5 on Refinery29’s list of the 10 Best Albums of the 2010‘s:

5. Lorde Pure Heroine (2013)

Lorde was a singular figure in the 2010s. She was one of a handful of solo women who broke through the decidedly all-male ranks of alt-rock radio and forced the format to shift its sound to make room for her, making her the first solo woman in 17 years to have a No. 1 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart. In her wake, a jillion men writing lo-fi synth-rock albums have followed the work she created as a 16-year-old girl. Her version of middle-class youth wraps the confusion and disenchantment it brings with witty twists of phrase that only a wordsmith could ever parse.
              https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...s-2010s-decade
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Just revisited some songs here and remembered how good this album is. For some reason I still can't remember half of Melodrama, but this one kinda made an imprint on me. Even though I rarely play it now, it's still good when I do.
                last.fm

Comment

Working...
                X