FKA Twigs - EP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FKA Twigs - EP2

If you can get past the unappealing name (she was Twigs until someone or something forced her to go "Formerly Known As"). This is seriously dark alternative urban-electronica. Her first EP was self-released (and now unavailable) - the videos for all 4 of those tracks are here: http://twigsep1.com/

But this EP is a step forward quality wise. Featuring the single Water Me (the video of which brings back the weird wide-eyed freak of TV ads and rave videos of yore). Thread on that here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=99345&hilit=fka+twigs" target="_blank" target="_blank
    But the EP as a whole is way too strange and mixed-genre to be in Urban.

Other videos are the quite unsettling Papi Pacify and How's That.

Top 50 on UK iTunes album chart. I don't know if OCC will chart it as lead track How's That or as single Water Me (it's not a single on iTunes but it IS a separate single on Spotify). They seem to have charted the new Pixies EP under Indie Cindy which is track 3 and playlisted.

Spotify stream: https://play.spotify.com/album/5ycDOijAUr2HFYNEkVC2eX

Papi Pacify is awesome. Like Jessie Ware with the mind of Trent Reznor.
    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (22nd Feb 20) - Xymox, Purity Ring, Selena, Blancmange, Sparks, Angelic Process, SDH, Tennis

Already top 10 in Kuba's chart
    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Thanks Blondini, I'll play this later
      "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

She's been supporting James Blake!
        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I bought the self-produced EP1 last year and of course pre-ordered EP2... the entire project is really interesting

here my review for the most important italian music site http://sentireascoltare.com/recensioni/fka-twigs-ep2/
          http://www.worldwidealbums.net/
          Worldwide sales, Daily music news, music History

Comment

EP1's "Ache" is just a masterpiece, she's so fantastic, I hope she will be successful someday. I am glad James has invited her to his concert as a support.
            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I love EP1, especially the final track, Hide. It's sexy but menacing at the same time; basically perfect.

EP2 is even better though, I've been listening to it non-stop for the past few weeks. How's That was the track that really intrigued me when I first heard it. I love the percussion that enters following Twigs's breathy vocals on the chorus. Papi Pacify is the darkest track on the EP, I like how industrial it sounds.

How's That is serene. Twigs sounds so vulnerable, while the sparse sound keeps it coherent with the rest of the EP. Ultraviolet is the most interesting song production wise IMO. Arca really pushes the boat on it, I love how the song changes with the "Ultraviolet" refrain/chorus half way through. The production echoes his work on Yeezus a little and reminds me of Tricky too.
              late.

Comment

Her voice is so soothing and delicate, I agree urbanmusik the production is flawless. I'm expecting a full-length LP next year!
                "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Water Me has grown on me more - the lyrics are just
                  Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (22nd Feb 20) - Xymox, Purity Ring, Selena, Blancmange, Sparks, Angelic Process, SDH, Tennis

Comment

"He told me I was so small,
                    I told him water me..."

Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                    X