Britney Spears - Britney Jean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Britney Spears | Britney Jean

I think there are enough bops on here, but they never should have promoted it as most personal record etc.
    I feel the record would have been received better with a different name and different marketing.

Comment

And better songs.
      Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123
        And better songs.
        Some songs swapped for better songs def. would have helped aswell

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
          Originally posted by menime123
          I’m in the minority but I do love this album.
          I have to second that. I get why people may think this is a weak album, but personally i loved it, especially the first half. Glad it got certified with Gold in the US
          Its interesting how some people actually like this album. I guess there's room for everyone's taste.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

^ true. I don't know why i like it so much, but i do. The run from "Alien" to "Til It's Gone" is just so strong for me (okay, "It Should Be Easy" and "Perfume" aren't as strong as others). Interestingly, i think "Glory" is much weaker, and even "Femme fatale" has less replay value for me than BJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesper
              I think there are enough bops on here, but they never should have promoted it as most personal record etc.
              I feel the record would have been received better with a different name and different marketing.
              Agreed.

The highs on this album are great and it was a good follow up to Femme Fatale, but there were too many mistakes made with the whole album campaign and a handful of songs didn't deserve to make the standard edition of the album, making the overall album sound weaker than it should've.

Comment

I really enjoy the album but can see it’s not her best. It’s more of a background, chill out kinda album.

#FreeBritney

Comment

I really enjoy the album but can see it’s not her best. It’s more of a background, chill out kinda album.
                  Yes, I agree on that
                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Okay I just listened to Passenger after a long time.
                    I’m seriously asking myself if Britney even sings one single word on this one...

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove
                      I’m seriously asking myself if Britney even sings one single word on this one...
                      She sings most of the verses. The chorus and middle 8 is completely Myah Marie (and Sia) though.
                      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh
                        Originally posted by LotsOfLove
                        She sings most of the verses. The chorus and middle 8 is completely Myah Marie (and Sia) though.
                        « Sings most of the verses »
                        I can’t. What a tragedy :(

Comment

This album is quite good in my opinion. Does NOT deserve AT ALL to be so dissed by her fans.

Tik Tik Boom >>>>>>
                          You ain't gotta break down,
                          YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueScorpion
                            This album is quite good in my opinion. Does NOT deserve AT ALL to be so dissed by her fans.

Tik Tik Boom >>>>>>
                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

I Stan for this <3

#FreeBritney

Comment

• This still remains as the all time low of her discography .... But on an interesting side this may be the only or one of the very few flop albums with a legit iconic song. Most flop albums I know have forgotten singles.

"Work Bitch" totally became iconic and a Britney show and career staple. From now on I can't imagine a Britney concert, further GH album, medley, essential videogaphy compilation, spotify essential Britney singles playlist, etc without "Work Bitch" on it.
                                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Her worst album is by far BOMT. It’s unlistenable aside from the singles.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• BOMT has some great album gems on it ("I will be there", "Deep in my heart", "Thinkin about you", "Autumn Goodbye") in addition of 5 great singles.

"Britney Jean" has nothing.

Comment

BOMT is the only i album I can’t get on board with. The non single tracks (including FTBOMBH) are cheap and nasty filler.

#FreeBritney

Comment

BOMT is the only i album I can’t get on board with. The non single tracks (including FTBOMBH) are cheap and nasty filler.
                                        Even if BOMT's main 4 singles (excluding FTBOMBH) were the only good songs on it / in other words = 4 good songs . . . . . . . , thats still more and better than BJ .... On BJ not even the singles are good

"Work Bitch" is iconic but it isn't that good

Comment

No, I enjoy all of BJ so BJ >>>>>> BOMT

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Jinkx has been selling her perfume well this week I see.

If it weren't for this forum I'd forget BJ ever existed. That's how bad it is.
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy
                                              hahaha

----

I have a fun anecdote about "Work Bitch".

Back in late 2013 I was invited to a gay house party. That was a first for me since I don't really belong to the gay scene, I never go to those kind of parties or gay clubs or anything like that, not because I have something against it, its just that I'm not really active in that scene . . . . Anyways, one guy I was dating at the time invited me to that party, I hesitated a bit but ultimately decided to attend. . .

.... So there I was at my first gay party in that house, there were like 100-150 people there (there were lesbian girls there too so it was more of a LGBT oriented party overall), we all had drinks and we were just chatting and suddenly, I don't know how but by the middle of the night we all ended up surrounding the big TV screen that was in the living room, turned out that the party host decided to play the "Work Bitch" music video and we (literally the entire crowd) were all there surrounding the TV while silently watching with drinks in our hands as we watched , of course as a fan I had watched the music video before (it had been out for like 2 weeks already at the time) but since most people are not hardcore Britney fans that night was the first time for many watching the video ...... I clearly remember how Gays were hypnotized and dazzled by watching those visuals . . . . Never in light years I imagined that going to that Gay party would turn out into a Britney scene at some point . . . . . I can guarantee you that as soon as the music video ended Gays were slayed, Britney had left all of those power bottoms wigless.

Comment

• Lipsyncing and hypnotizing gays since 1998 and not stopping any time soon!
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                                    hahaha

----

I have a fun anecdote about "Work Bitch".

Back in late 2013 I was invited to a gay house party. That was a first for me since I don't really belong to the gay scene, I never go to those kind of parties or gay clubs or anything like that, not because I have something against it, its just that I'm not really active in that scene . . . . Anyways, one guy I was dating at the time invited me to that party, I hesitated a bit but ultimately decided to attend. . .

.... So there I was at my first gay party in that house, there were like 100-150 people there (there were lesbian girls there too so it was more of a LGBT oriented party overall), we all had drinks and we were just chatting and suddenly, I don't how but by the middle of the night we all ended up surrounding the big TV screen that was in the living room, turned out that the party host decided to play the "Work Bitch" music video and we (literally the entire crowd) were all there surrounding the TV while silently watching with drinks in our hands as we watched , of course as a fan I had watched the music video before (it had been out for like 2 weeks already at the time) but since most people are not hardcore Britney fans that night was the first time for many watching the video ...... I clearly remember how Gays were hypnotized and dazzled by watching those visuals . . . . Never in light years I imagined that going to that Gay party would turn out into a Britney scene at some point . . . . . I can guarantee you that as soon as the music video ended Gays were slayed, Britney had left all of those power bottoms wigless.

this story reminds me of that woman crying and storming out of coldplays gig because a sky full of stars(?) was so magical

Comment

• These were just uploaded to her YouTube channel for absolutely no reason.

Update: They have now uploaded "Alien", "Don’t Cry", "Body Ache" and "Tik Tik Boom" as well.
                                                      Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri October 25th, 2019, 09:40.
                                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• New HOT demo leaked

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The Urban Outfitters vinyl is now available for pre-order and it looks beautiful.

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop...IZE&quantity=1

Comment

• Does she even sing on Til It’s Gone? :(

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                                              Does she even sing on Til It’s Gone? :(
                                                              I just pretend that she does. A bop.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X