Lily Allen - Hard Out Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this came out of nowhere!

Just had a listen...hilarious. I can't @ people who don't get that she's taking the piss out of modern pop culture + society's obsession with how you look/how much you weigh etc. I'm sure some people will read into this and twist it for their own meaning though.

Forget your balls and grow a pair of tits - legendary lyric.
    Let's embrace the point of no return.

Comment

This is funny and all but how does this HELP her career.

As a song it's not a good mockery song, I mean Eminem does the same this and the song has that classic feel about it. Stupid girls is still playable still this is just THERE.

I am sure this is a buzz single so no need to worry but yea, sorry this is unnecessary
      Forever Young

Comment

This is just great! It really mocks the current pop culture. Purposely a lot of twerking, the obvious product placement of that Fujifilm camera. I love it. Lily can do no wrong in my eyes. <3

Comment

This is great. Lily makes such an excellent pop music.
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

It's great, when is it out?
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

sunday

Comment

Girl basically dragged most popgirls along with Robin Thicke in less than 5 minutes,

Comment

I just noticed that she takes the piss out of product placement too.

Comment

Hmm it's a little too "hey i'm so much more sophisticated than those pop bitches yeah i am so cool" but still nice, just a little too obvious. The auto-tune in the chorus is annoying and almost ruins the whole song.
                    ¡Eh, mamá!
                    Me quiero matar
                    El mundo se va a la mierda
                    Y no he hecho nada

Comment

This literally came from nowhere. I love the verses but not a fan of the chorus.

Comment

Don't like it, refrain sounds like Rebecca Black (way too much autotune + in a unpleasant way) and she is such a has been. ZzzZzz
                        & she says she doesn't think she is better than them, but why does she act like that then? Don't play with the big ones if u are afraid of them.
                        My Best of 2014...|Tumblr|Last.fm|Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Brad
                          I just noticed that she takes the piss out of product placement too.
                          I noticed that straight away, the only bit I still can get is cleaning the wheel trims in the sink. Unless that's what some people do??

Comment

I feel the autotune is also used to take a piss on the current popmusic

Comment

Originally posted by Jesper
                              I feel the autotune is also used to take a piss on the current popmusic
                              It's that for sure. And the way she's doing stuff, like she's being obligated.

I do think P!nk's Stupid Girls video was definitely more hilarious as Pink is hilarious doing her funny acting

But it's been 7 years since Pink did that, we needed someone to make fun of all of it again
                              “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

Someone criticised her for only having black dancers in the video and she's responded with this:

Originally posted by Lily Allen
                                Privilege, Superiority and Misconceptions

1. If anyone thinks for a second that I requested specific ethnicities for the video, they're wrong.

2. If anyone thinks that after asking the girls to audition, I was going to send any of them away because of the colour of their skin, they're wrong.

3. The message is clear. Whilst I don’t want to offend anyone. I do strive to provoke thought and conversation. The video is meant to be a lighthearted satirical video that deals with objectification of women within modern pop culture. It has nothing to do with race, at all.

4. If I could dance like the ladies can, it would have been my arse on your screens; I actually rehearsed for two weeks trying to perfect my twerk, but failed miserably. If I was a little braver, I would have been wearing a bikini too, but I do not and I have chronic cellulite, which nobody wants to see. What I’m trying to say is that me being covered up has nothing to do with me wanting to disassociate myself from the girls, it has more to do with my own insecurities and I just wanted to feel as comfortable as possible on the shoot day.

5. I'm not going to apologise because I think that would imply that I’m guilty of something, but I promise you this, in no way do I feel superior to anyone, except paedophiles, rapists murderers etc., and I would not only be surprised but deeply saddened if I thought anyone came away from that video feeling taken advantage of,or compromised in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily Allen
                                  but I promise you this, in no way do I feel superior to anyone, except paedophiles, rapists murderers etc.
                                  <3 Lily

Comment

Great way to answer to her critics.

Seems like people feel bothered to listen to the truth. She's just summing up what the industry looks like right now.

It wouldn't look like this if the same people that criticize Lily wouldn't be supporting the acts that brought the industry to this point.
                                    “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

I really like the song and the video, Lily is an awesome and unique artist. This is like modern-day version of Stupid Girls: back then we had Paris Hilton, the Olsen twins, the blonde and skinny girls, and now we have too much sexiness, Robin Thicke, Miley Cyrus and her twerking... I think she did an incredible job!
                                      Lollo's Weekly Chart - 11/09/2016

Comment

Official artwork?

vulnicura.

Comment

Already over 1,3m views after only 24 hours? Isn't that huge for her??

Well, at least 100k must be from me i think

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike
                                            Already over 1,3m views after only 24 hours? Isn't that huge for her??

Well, at least 100k must be from me i think
                                            Well no firstly Lil is still popular and famous and secondly this is being talked about quite a bit online because of it's controversial nature. ;)

Also at those who jump on the "she thinks she is better than them" bollocks, she's speaking the truth about how shallow and sucky things are and taking the mickey out of it in the form of satire, she don't like how things are and many agree with her. I love that Lil has come back with a song that attempts to make people think about this situation, she's the kind of artist pop needs!!

Also lol at those trying the "has been" card!! LMAO! She's clearly annoyed some Miley stans or something!

People should be congratulating her not slagging her off, messed up world!
                                            My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

She's da best <3 I absolutely adore her.
                                              Pleasure over matter.

Comment

I still can't get over the fact how phuckin epic this is !!!!
                                                I just love how sweet she is when she's ''promoting'' that camera, Advil you better watch n learn!!

Comment

I think the next topic Lily should talk about is how apparently you become irrelevant and a has-been if you don't release something for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by RaFanatic
                                                    She's da best <3 I absolutely adore her.

Comment

Reminds me a little of Alanis's My Humps parody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNl57I08po

Comment

Amaaaaziiinggg and best surprise comeback this year. I am in love with her and this song after one listen. Love you Lily

Comment

YES LILY!!!!!!

Where the hell did this come from This is the most exciting song and video I've heard in sooooooo long!!! Yes at the cigarette product placement Lily is gonna show Britney how to get your "bitch" song played on the radio!
                                                          1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

I like the point she's making and that it is a parody of auto-tuned sexist moronic pop/rap culture but ultimately the music is just as terrible and probably worse than the stuff it's parodying.

Good to have her back though and don't think the John Lewis song and this are purely incidental releases - she had this planned, clearly. So she'll have TWO substandard hits conquering the charts.
                                                            Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (11th July 20) - Jessie Ware breaks a record! Plus Jessie Frye, Teenage Joans, AA Williams, Allie X, Samantha Crain, Future Islands, San Cisco, Static-X, Ghum, Liza Owen, Wye Oak, Declan McKenna, Blues Pills, Kid Cudi ft Eminem, Polly Scattergood, Dream Wife, Willie Nelson, Keleketla!...

Comment

Oh Tony don't. :x The song is technically generic yes of course! The message is what makes this rock.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X