Lily Allen - Hard Out Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CrazyCrazy
    I don't understand how people can get bored of this so quickly but love Roar still, that got old on first listen at least this is cheeky and has funny lyrics.
    People have short attention spans, including myself as I also find this song quite average now.

Roar is also quite cheeky and is much more listenable than this song, but I don't see why we're comparing them. They're completely different.

Comment

• Well let's just agree to disagree.

Shame this flopped but it doesn't matter at the end of the day, excited for Lil's album.
      My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• I admit I didn't listen to this that much too, specially compared to how I used to spam her last 2 albums
        I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

• The song is OK, loose tongue as it's typically Lily.

Contentwise it's her own version of Marina & The Diamonds' Hollywood.
          Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy94
            Contentwise it's her personal version of Marina & The Diamonds' Hollywood.
            Lily remains superior to all those tumblr gorls, though
            I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

• I still love this, it's just so catchy and has a relevant message, what's not to love?

Comment

• Originally posted by Merci
                Originally posted by Timmy94
                Contentwise it's her personal version of Marina & The Diamonds' Hollywood.
                Lily remains superior to all those tumblr gorls, though
                I prefer Marina even though she gets tacky sometimes.

Comment

• Marina seems too fake for me.

Comment

• I've had this stuck in my head all day for some reason... deserved to be a much bigger hit. It was a BIG mistake releasing it at the same time as "Somewhere Only We Know".
                    "This time I'm gonna get it right. I'm gonna paint my face like the Guggenheim!"

Comment

• Originally posted by topopMAC1
                      I've had this stuck in my head all day for some reason... deserved to be a much bigger hit. It was a BIG mistake releasing it at the same time as "Somewhere Only We Know".
                      This.

This is still top 200 at least on iTunes. #186.

Comment

• Hard out Here by Lily Allen is the official title track for the new German season of "I'M A CELEBRITY, GET ME OUT OF HERE" in Germany! (Ich bin ein Star, holt mich hier raus/"Dschungelcamp").

http://www.warnermusic.de/news/2014-01- ... mp-staffel

Edit: They should've better taken Britney's "Perfume"... The line "I'm gonna mark my territory" fits perfectly to all those guys always pissing into the jungle.

Comment

• ^ thanks for saying that, that's amazing promo! I still remember "Troublemaker" got some nice success and was played a lot there.

The song will be released tomorrow (FINALLY!!) in all german countries. Will download it as soon as i'm awake!

Comment

• ^ It is already available on Spotify (Germany tho). But I don't think it already made that much of an impact for the German charts.

Edit: 37 plays, so 37 cent of revenue that account from me to the German Single Charts for the song

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
                              The song will be released tomorrow (FINALLY!!) in all german countries. Will download it as soon as i'm awake!
                              This tho By a Swiss

<3 Tansike

Comment

• Oooops i meant german speaking countries of course

Comment

• Originally posted by Kai
                                  The line "I'm gonna mark my territory" fits perfectly to all those guys always pissing into the jungle.
                                  OT but as if that happened that often there ... IIrc only Helmut Berger did that and he's quite special anyway . They even have toilets in there .
                                  Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Yes I know, but nevertheless they do it, or are asked by the RTL team to do it
                                    Didn't DJ Tommekk also do it?

This would be Lily's third Top 20 hit after The Fear and Not Fair (both peaking at 12) - let's hope so
                                    Can't believe the UK wasn't so much here for it.

Comment

• It was #9 here (UK) but was a very brief hit that was overshadowed by her lackluster cover. :-?

I still love this. The Fear was #1 here.

Comment

• over time ... you just have to appreciate this song and it's message
                                        Forever Young

Comment

• One of her best songs, so sad she never performs it any more due to her problems during the “Sheezus” era. She should be proud of this song, it’s a masterpiece.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilentDream View Post
                                            One of her best songs, so sad she never performs it any more due to her problems during the “Sheezus” era. She should be proud of this song, it’s a masterpiece.
                                            What problems?
                                            Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                              What problems?
                                              She had a lot of alcohol and drug issues during the “Sheezus” era, which were basically caused by the problems with her label during that time. She was not satisfied at all with the way her label handled the whole era. And the whole alcohol stuff eventually also lead to her divorce. This part of her career is also dealt with in the book she released last year. But yeah, that’s the reason she doesn’t perform any songs from “Sheezus” anymore - not because she hates all of the songs, but because it reminds her of that difficult time in her life.

Comment

• ^Would be better if she just owned it and performed the songs. Especially HOH because it's such an IDGAF anthem and a middle finger to the studio/label anyway.
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                  ^Would be better if she just owned it and performed the songs. Especially HOH because it's such an IDGAF anthem and a middle finger to the studio/label anyway.
                                                  I agree. I mean I understand that she doesn’t want to perform songs like “As Long As I Got You” and “L8 CMMR” anymore since they are dedicated to her ex-husband. But songs like “Hard out Here” or “URL Badman” aren’t related to her marriage, so it’d be cool if she still performed them. Maybe she just needs a few more years until she can really forget about the troublesome times from the “Sheezus” era.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X