Beyoncé - Beyoncé

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guru View Post
    Listening to this again today. By far her most artistic work and my second fave of her behind 4.
    But I hate that she has massive launch hype, which leads to a massive lead single...and then the eras die after a few weeks. Although she keeps our lips moving about her latest release months later, it would be nice to have that old fashioned releases. From TV, to radio. Where the albums is talked about widely and in the media, months and months after release.
    She should have done some promo. Also, I think having all the videos at once make you move on from the album a month after.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
      She should have done some promo. Also, I think having all the videos at once make you move on from the album a month after.
      It is meant to be heard and seen as a whole, if you want to cherry pick after, then that's your choice, but an artist should be free to release a piece of work in the way they want it to be consumed/seen, if you want to do it differently, again your choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
        It is meant to be heard and seen as a whole, if you want to cherry pick after, then that's your choice, but an artist should be free to release a piece of work in the way they want it to be consumed/seen, if you want to do it differently, again your choice.
        i liked how she dropped it
        Forever Young

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I think self titled was the first album I got from her. It also could’ve been IASF or 4 since I got them around the same time. It was only 5,99€ for the CD+DVD version which was weird because it had just been released a month or two before that and there was all this hype around the album. To this day I haven’t watched that DVD.

I was obsessed with "Drunk In Love" when it was released. And I still love that song. "Partition" is my second favorite Bey song. Who doesn’t love that hoe anthem and its video?
            "Haunted" is a masterpiece, I always had a weird obsession with "Jealous" and "Mine" is also a standout and actually one of my favorite songs on the album. I had the entire album on repeat for quite a while.

Never understood the hype around "XO". I always thought that song is quite boring and doesn’t fit the album at all since it’s so poppy. "Pretty Hurts" doesn’t fit the album either (imo) but I still like it though.

I have never listened to the bonus tracks and bonus remixes on the re-release of the album so I guess I‘m gonna do that today.
            Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri December 13th, 2019, 13:14.
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• A moment in time.
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Omg
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                X