No announcement yet.

Beyoncé - XO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The studio version still falls a bit flat to me. I think they could've built up the chorus a bit more by avoiding too many long notes & breaks between the lines. The bridge (you love me like XO, you kill me boy XO.....) was much more interesting.

The video is really good though. Very tumblr-ish.

Comment

• Should have featured John Mayer
      Forever Young

Comment

• Still love this, could've been bigger had they not messed up the release.

Comment

• [youtube:kzbx5jtw]ljEWYyiyUo8[/youtube:kzbx5jtw]

Mic and a light.
          "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by urbanmusik
            I love the woozy synths as well, they give the song that "comedown from a good night" type feeling.
            Now wait, why is this so accurate.
            Still love this, def one of her best.
            ˇEh, mamá!
            Me quiero matar
            El mundo se va a la mierda
            Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Re: Beyoncé | XO

^^I love this song and that performance!
              And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

A song devoured by the monster that was Drunk in Love.
                Gorgeous song, cried so much when she performed it at the Mrs Carter Show in London.
                I wish she had done it at the FWT too. Stadium anthem.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• [youtube:1v8hh8oh]EvH6XcFGPAE[/youtube:1v8hh8oh]

Comment

• Beyoncé is too legendary for this planet.

Comment

Never liked this that much tbh. It's okay, that album had waaay better songs.
                      be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• I think on an album that had so many more charismatic songs this got lost amid the more noticeable tracks. Nonetheless, I think it's underrated among Beyoncé's fanbase.

Comment

• XOis a beautiful pop track filled with hope that contrasts with a sense of melancholy. It just got overshadowed by some of the more experimental and seductive tracks on the album.

The CHVRCHES rendition is beautiful; love their stanning at the beginning of the video too.
                          late.

Comment

• Rihanna would have brought this to life as well as general public awareness.

Comment

• Omg without even noticing the thread bump, I randomly listened to this song today!
                              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• The jOHN mayer version still slaps
                                Forever Young

Comment

• All of the songs came out at the same time so this was easily slept on.

Comment

• Probably one of her worst singles. I don’t like it at all for some reason.
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• One of her best singles to me.
                                      ˇEh, mamá!
                                      Me quiero matar
                                      Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                        Rihanna would have brought this to life
                                        No.
                                        ˇEh, mamá!
                                        Me quiero matar
                                        Y no he hecho nada

Comment

• I don’t know why they thought using that Challenger audio was ever a good idea tho
                                          Originally posted by beredy
                                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• This is one of Beyoncé's best songs ever. Tedder never goes wrong in giving her the best material (obviously, she probably pays better than others). However, it doesn't suit her brand that's why it flopped.

It's sad this never became a hit, it's such a soothing song. As insensitive as her team was, the sample was not even needed for the gimmick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                              I don’t know why they thought using that Challenger audio was ever a good idea tho
                                              I don't get the controversy over the sample, it added to the song. XO is a track about celebrating love and life, and living your life to the fullest. The clip of people leaving this earth while doing what they loved perfectly fits the message and celebrates the preciousness and brevity of life.

While I think Beyoncé has other songs from self-titled that deserved a place over this, I'm glad that Pitchfork included it as one of five Beyoncé songs in their Best 200 songs of the 2010s list.

Beyoncé: “XO” (2013)

“XO” is about more than the saccharine simplicity of dreamy hugs and kisses. It begins with a clip of the crew of the Challenger realizing the malfunction on their spaceship, giving the love story that follows an undercurrent of mortality. On the surface, the slow-building track is an airy breather after the erotic, liberatory journey of the rest of Beyoncé’s self-titled 2013 album; the synth drops, and so does the snare drum, creating a soundscape that draws from rock, reggae, and EDM. Meanwhile, Beyoncé’s voice is raw, almost growling, a sound we have never heard from her before. (Turns out she had a sinus infection during the recording.)

In the video, Beyoncé is at a carnival, flashing us one gorgeous smile after another. But carnivals themselves are a form of trickery: youthful joy on the surface, covering a shadowy underbelly. Like the spell of love and the threat it could end, “XO” deftly balances joy and sorrow; it’s a cautionary tale of beautiful things that sometimes head to untimely endings.

–Samhita Mukhopadhyay
                                              late.

Comment

• This is generic trash. Pretty Hurts easily wins the pop battle

Comment

• The best Pop song off the album is "Jealous" though.

Comment

• Jealous is perfection, thats true

Comment

Working...
                                                    X