No announcement yet.

Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gotta say the more I hear this album the obsessed with it I get.
    Great first effort from a great talent.
    Happy endings are just stories that haven't finished yet...

Comment

I love Restart, and the new version of Lay Me Down.

But that's it. He's like a male Emeli Sande - started out as a features artist on some brilliant tracks, seemed really exciting, and then lo and behold their own stuff is dull as ditchwater. Very disappointed in this, it's just so....safe.

Comment

"British crooner Sam Smith scores his first top 10, as ballad, and former U.K. No. 1, "Stay With Me," soars 19-10."

"Shaking up the Hot 100's top tier, U.K. pop singer/songwriter Sam Smith scores his first top 10, as ballad "Stay With Me" rockets 19-10. The song blasts 10-3 on Digital Songs (167,000, up 62 percent) and 29-18 on Radio Songs (54 million, up 35 percent), while debuting at No. 41 on Streaming Songs (2 million, up 45 percent). Smith concurrently lands his third top 20 Hot 100 hit, and his second-highest-charting, as Disclosure's "Latch," on which he's featured, jumps 22-17. In his first visit, as a guest on Naughty Boy's "La La La," he reached No. 19; it falls 29-41 this week.

Smith additionally debuts at No. 69 on the Hot 100 with "I'm Not the Only One," which enters Digital Songs at No. 15 (76,000 sold). The soulful cut, along with "Stay" and "Leave Your Lover," which charted for a week at No. 92 two weeks ago, are from Smith's debut full-length album, "In the Lonely Hour," due in the U.S. Tuesday (June 17). The set has spent its first two weeks at No. 1 on the Official U.K. Albums chart; two weeks ago, "Stay" debuted at No. 1 on the Official U.K. Singles list, becoming the 22-year-old's third No. 1 in his home country: "La" reigned a year ago this week, while "Hour" track "Money on My Mind" led in March.

Multiple U.S. radio formats are helping familiarize Stateside audiences with "Stay," which holds at No. 3 as the Greatest Gainer on Adult Alternative Songs and boosts 17-13 on Adult Pop Songs and 21-16 on Pop Songs and debuts on Adult Contemporary at No. 28. It's also nearing Rhythmic Songs, aided by a remix with Mary J. Blige."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... th-top-ten

Congrats, deserved
        As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Comment

I can not wait to see the success of this album just flourish in the US. Sam Smith is the male Adele.

Comment

I don't get the Adele comparison.
            be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

"Like I Can" sounds so much like "Rolling in the Deep" in instrumentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Serby
                Big voices, Serby

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthymon
                  Big voices, Serby
                  I thought he was also going to clean the Next Grammys
                  As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Comment

I know, but still, I'd never compare them, idk why.

Comment

Originally posted by toni_pest
                      Originally posted by Thriller
                      I feel sorry for anybody who bought this album expecting more "Money On My Mind" type songs!
                      don't, they have awful taste.
                      you don't like MOMM? it's amazing

I'll listen to the album in a bit, I have a feeling it's a bore
                      I'm the terminator, bitch talk slick, I'm a have to terminate her ¯\_(?)_/¯

Comment

This is a pop album through and through and a boring one at that.
                        HIGH BY THE BEACH

Comment

Originally posted by Merci
                          Originally posted by toni_pest
                          Originally posted by Thriller
                          I feel sorry for anybody who bought this album expecting more "Money On My Mind" type songs!
                          don't, they have awful taste.
                          you don't like MOMM? it's amazing
                          pretty much no one does

i mean, it's not bad, but it was a bit of wtf after amazing Nirvana and his collabos.

Comment

Didn't know that.. it's one of my faves this year, and it has smash written all over it

is the acoustic version of Latch in the album really different from the EP version?

Comment

I would’ve probably bought this if Money On My Mind didn’t put me completely off.

Comment

is the acoustic version of Latch in the album really different from the EP version?
                                The vocals are different and the violin in the instrumentation was turned down a bit for the album.

Anyway, the Lay Me Down album version puts me to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Cless
                                  and the single version didn't?

Comment

i love the snare drum beat on momm which made me love the song he is actually suited better with fast song rather stahn slow ones IMO
                                    MY PERSONAL CHARTS
                                    NA NA NA NA OH OH

Comment

Whiny songs? and their " see" food diet
                                      Forever Young

Comment

Both this and Lana del Rey's album are neck in neck on the top spots on U.S. iTunes.

Comment

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or you just really haven't heard the album yet. You're giving me timmy teas with your questions tbh, just listen to it illegally.

Comment

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or you just really haven't heard the album yet. You're giving me timmy teas with your questions tbh, just listen to it illegally.
                                            lmao

I was being sarcastic, and I asked about Latch, because I personally didn't notice the difference, I still don't tbh
                                            I remember some people said Radar had a stronger beat in Circus.. so this might be a similar case? :Lol:

EDIT: oh yes, the album version of LMD is a bore..

sorry I can't listen to this for 47 minutes.. I can only do 1 song at a time

Comment

This got 5.5/10 on Pitchfork, ouch!

Comment

This is... AMAZING

A fantastic album, didn't expected this at all! Just wow. "Like I Can" MUST be a single.

Probably the only negative point is why is it that short? :(

Comment

I've been playing this album more than I even realise. Even tho MOMM kinda ruins the beginning of the album, it's still cool, cuz it just sets slow start instead of interuprting the flow. Good that it's the first track.

The way tracks 2-8 flow is amazing, times flies so fast when they come on play and each song is more or less perfect!

Comment

I'm obsessed with this album, I find myself listening to it without thinking. I can relate to so many tracks on it. What a talent. I also think of him as the male adele.... but not as overrated.
                                                    CALL ME CALICE, CALL ME COLD. YOU'RE ITALIC, I'M IN BOLD.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X