Kylie Minogue - Into The Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaFanatic
    I like the video but the song is awful. Her worst single, i'd say.
    Not her worst single..that was Chocolate.

The video was ok but nothing special. It is what it is, Kylie and a bloke at a party. Expected more, but the song over the last few days has really grown on me...and great to see she's getting some radio airplay!
    Without Any Meaning / We're Just Skin & Bone / Like Beautiful Robots Dancing Alone.

Comment

• actually quite like the video its nothing amazing but it fits the sing really well.

Comment

• Video doesn't fit the song at all..black & white for this song is totally unsuitable..no I don't like it
        and I don't know why but I liked the song much more before watching the video
        at the end song: 5,5/10 and video: 3,5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by RockTheBoat
          Originally posted by RaFanatic
          I like the video but the song is awful. Her worst single, i'd say.
          Not her worst single..that was Chocolate.

The video was ok but nothing special. It is what it is, Kylie and a bloke at a party. Expected more, but the song over the last few days has really grown on me...and great to see she's getting some radio airplay!
          Chocolate is her the BEST single ever just underrated...
          http://imageshack.com/a/img849/1083/53i6.jpg - Ghost Stories Collection
          http://imageshack.com/a/img673/1381/YsoAr1.jpg - Album of 2014

Comment

• I'm a bit disappointed with this one, and I usually love her singles, especially lead ones. It feels like she went too safe and generic, it sounds like just about any other song on the radio. Lacks something interesting she always had in her singles, an anthemic feel like in All the Lovers, pure catchiness like CGYOOMH, a retro sensual vibe in 2 Hearts... this one is just a big meh, especially for someone of her caliber imho.

As for the video, it seems lazy to me, especially when comparing it to her past music videos, which were always very creative. I hope the album won't sound like this single very much.

P. S. Chocolate is her best single ever!!! :x
            last.fm

Comment

• So much negativity in here :/. There so many cute moments in the music video! Her little robot dance almost killed me with Kylieness

Kylie Minogue‘s video for lead Kiss Me Once single “Into The Blue” is as gorgeous and romantic as the song itself. The half-color, half-black-and-white clip actually resembles the cinematic vibe of a few of Kylie’s classic clips from the latter half of her PWL stint, during the early ’90s, such as “Finer Feelings” and “What Do I Have To Do.” Put that air of familiar Minogue-ness down to the singer working once again with director Dawn Shadforth, who previous lensed “Spinning Around,” “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head” and “2 Hearts.”
              Minogue's latest visual in unapologetically glamorous, with the pop star and her on-screen boyfriend mixing lavish party life with bedroom-bound alone time and technicolor with black-and-white. There is some drama that requires Minogue's beau to run after her down a deserted sidewalk, but more importantly, Minogue does a killer robot dance move at the 1:16 mark, which is not to be missed.
              A new single and film clip for the artist now and forever known as Our Kylie raises some interesting social media points that will keep underemployed academics, over-caffeinated scribblers and ever-ready commentators for hire busy. (It is by the way called Into The Blue, a winner of a pop song which has a damn catchy, lightly brushed with electronic dance music sound that deep down is pretty much a classic Kylie Minogue pop tune. It will make you dance even if you're not a 40-something gay man or a handbag disco 30-something woman.) For now save your outrage about Kylie writhing on a bed with or without what apparently is her latest beau, amid suggestions that Kylie may actually have had – and even enjoyed – sex in her busy life. Miley's already been there lately and taken all the available indignation from those who tut-tut for a living. Hold off your "what does it mean for women" concerns over the slinky outfits she wears on the street and in a hotel room or moments when Kylie is not in a "dominant" position. We're probably still talking about Beyonce's last few appearances and don't have room for more Symbolism 101 lectures just yet. Instead focus on the fact that obviously if you're a Frenchman you can have morning bed hair all day and still be so Gallic, so chic, so in demand. If the rest of us turned up like that we'd be asked, pardon moi monsieur, but would a comb (and a shave) be out of the question? Outrageous double standards. Then there's the strong suggestion that Monsieur Kylie's on-screen boyfriend appears to be smoking a cigar (though to be honest, it could also be a dolmade) and pass it on to her. I know, a cigar. With mussed hair. What if our children saw that? Quelle damage.On the count of three unleash the tabloid outrage ...
              The video tells the romantic tale of Kylie and her man, sharing intimate moments and partying the night away together. This is the comeback Kylie single many fans have been waiting for. A great party track, and the video definitely matches. The treatment is simple, yet effective, and lets the music do the talking. Kylie spends most of the clip smooching her handsome fella, and showing off her svelte pins and bottom.
              Originally posted by SummerPeur
              Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
              Originally posted by Goldmoney
              So does her microphone

Comment

• Originally posted by nickf1
                quite poor video :-?

Comment

• I like the video & the song. The video is not innovative or something, but it's fine.
                  Eudaimonia
                  Last.fm
                  Instagram

Comment

• YES! Chocolate is the best thing she ever recorded. Brilliant song with a great video!
                    Pleasure over matter.

Comment

YES! Chocolate is the best thing she ever recorded. Brilliant song with a great video!
                      Chocolate is a milestone in her career, however it's not the best thing she has recorded .
                      Originally posted by SummerPeur
                      Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                      Originally posted by Goldmoney
                      So does her microphone

Comment

• Chocolate is great!
                        Actually...all singles from Body language are!
                        "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues
                          Chocolate is great!
                          This! Slow and Chocolate are my favorite singles from her! With the added You Make Me Feel on Body Language, makes it my favorite album.
                          Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack

Comment

• Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues
                            Chocolate is great!
                            Same here + Loving Days!!!
                            And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

YES! Chocolate is the best thing she ever recorded. Brilliant song with a great video!
                              I don't like Chocolate
                              Confide In Me is the best song she did, and a great video too.
                              It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                              But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• I always felt bad that I Believe in You and Giving You Up got ''banished'' to being only on the Greatest Hits, and not on an album. Two of my fave Kylie singles ever (alongside Chocolate ofc )
                                last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by mrlemonade
                                  I always felt bad that I Believe in You and Giving You Up got ''banished'' to being only on the Greatest Hits, and not on an album. Two of my fave Kylie singles ever (alongside Chocolate ofc )
                                  Chocolate is one of her bests. I Believe In You lyric is deep (for pop female singer ). But do you seriously like Giving You Up? It is one of the dullest singles ever released by Kylie

Comment

• Not to mention the 50 feet Kylie in the video!

Comment

• The main problem I have with this video is it looks cheap and amateur at times. Completely different to "All The Lovers" and "Get Outta My Way" which had awesome videos.

Comment

• I do feel like she could have released an album during the "Ultimate era", instead of the greatest hits. There were some brilliant songs she made during that time!

I Believe In You
                                        Giving You Up
                                        B.P.M.
                                        Made Of Glass
                                        Loving You (a personal favorite of mine, and ThomyX's too, if I'm not mistaken?)
                                        Everything I Know

Boombox
                                        On The Up
                                        Carried Away
                                        Extraordinary Day (Taprobane)
                                        ^These are Body Language/X B-sides, but I think could fit the era.
                                        Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiral
                                          Originally posted by mrlemonade
                                          I always felt bad that I Believe in You and Giving You Up got ''banished'' to being only on the Greatest Hits, and not on an album. Two of my fave Kylie singles ever (alongside Chocolate ofc )
                                          Chocolate is one of her bests. I Believe In You lyric is deep (for pop female singer ). But do you seriously like Giving You Up? It is one of the dullest singles ever released by Kylie
                                          Giving You Up is one of my favourites

Anyway, this has grown on me a bit now and I think it's one of her best in awhile, not as good as any of her lead singles of the past 15 years but better than a lot of the stuff she's out out in the last few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLamb
                                            Originally posted by Spiral
                                            Originally posted by mrlemonade
                                            Giving You Up is one of my favourites .
                                            I think of I Believe in You being on a higher quality level for a Kylie song, but I like Giving You Up mostly because I find it catchy and it has a nice video. Still more creative and better than the Into the Blue video
                                            last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by IloveAmerie
                                              I do feel like she could have released an album during the "Ultimate era", instead of the greatest hits. There were some brilliant songs she made during that time!

I Believe In You
                                              Giving You Up
                                              B.P.M.
                                              Made Of Glass
                                              Loving You (a personal favorite of mine, and ThomyX's too, if I'm not mistaken?)
                                              Everything I Know

Boombox
                                              On The Up
                                              Carried Away
                                              I swear Kylie has so much better B-sides and unreleased songs than most of the tracks she puts on her album. She must have an another albums somewhere in Parlo' storage for every release

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiral
                                                Originally posted by IloveAmerie
                                                I do feel like she could have released an album during the "Ultimate era", instead of the greatest hits. There were some brilliant songs she made during that time!

I Believe In You
                                                Giving You Up
                                                B.P.M.
                                                Made Of Glass
                                                Everything I Know

Boombox
                                                On The Up
                                                Carried Away
                                                I swear Kylie has so much better B-sides and unreleased songs than most of the tracks she puts on her album. She must have an another albums somewhere in Parlo' storage for every release
                                                Yeah haha I love Cherry Bomb, Lose Control, Slo motion <3 <3 City Games

Comment

• ^ Every album had some great b-sides! I can't wait to hear the b-sides/unreleased songs from this era! I wonder what "Sparks" sounds like? I keep thinking of Coldplay....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IloveAmerie
                                                    ^ Every album had some great b-sides! I can't wait to hear the b-sides/unreleased songs from this era! I wonder what "Sparks" sounds like? I keep thinking of Coldplay....lol
                                                    Me too!!! They are my second biggest music love!!!
                                                    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

Working...
                                                    X