Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJH
    replied
    The R3hab remix is epic, want to hear it in a club!

Leave a comment:

• Loveguru
    replied
    Originally posted by urbanmusik
    I'll probably spin this now and again since I've been playing generic tracks a little more recently, but I recognise it's not particularly impressive.
    By now and again I must have meant all the time. I feel so basic. Just imagine if Whitney sang this though.

It does have Million Dollar bill vibes

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    ^ genericmusik.

Wait, this is kinda good, very catchy.

Leave a comment:

• urbanmusik
    replied
    I'll probably spin this now and again since I've been playing generic tracks a little more recently, but I recognise it's not particularly impressive.
    By now and again I must have meant all the time. I feel so basic. Just imagine if Whitney sang this though.

Leave a comment:

• emilhot
    replied
    It's a quite simple pure pop song, but it is very catchy. I actually really like it!

Leave a comment:

• Storyteller
    replied
    I've grown to like this song over time, it's still a basic bish though. I hope the rest of the album is different to this.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Quite generic

Leave a comment:

• misooo13
    replied
    Her best song, thanks to Calvin. Just like Summer, the song is very basic, but it will stuck in your head and you can't stop listening to it

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by theArmy
    We could discuss what ''pretentious'' means for days now, the thing is - Rita did what the GP wanted, she released a catchy, Summer-ish, singalong track and is it doing badly? Well, look at the current UK iTunes chart.
    She followed the trend, yes, but for the lead single. We have no clue what the full album is going to sound like, so let's wait a bit. If the whole record is like this, then we can talk about blandness and being pretentious
    +1

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied
    We could discuss what ''pretentious'' means for days now, the thing is - Rita did what the GP wanted, she released a catchy, Summer-ish, singalong track and is it doing badly? Well, look at the current UK iTunes chart.
    She followed the trend, yes, but for the lead single. We have no clue what the full album is going to sound like, so let's wait a bit. If the whole record is like this, then we can talk about blandness and being pretentious

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Pretentious is another word people like to throw around to box up something they don't understand.

Being creative and imaginative should not be seen as a negative!! Having said that pretension is definitely out there, Gaga, Lorde etc are a few I don't feel are totally sincere but to label anything slightly odd, creative or something you don't understand automatically as "pretentious" is plain ignorant (yet another overused word but it feels relevant to my point).

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I don't need Rita to be pretentious like other 'art'ists
    Amen tho. A sniff of pretentiousness always puts me off a particular artist. Lorde is a prime example, as well as many avant-garde or artsy musicians.

Leave a comment:

• xaMax
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesper
    Maybe you like the sound of one of the following:
    For the people who like to hear some live snippets of other songs from her upcoming album
    Touch the Sky
    Last Love
    Come A Little Closer
    Drag ha!
    Snippets sound very promising to me!!

Leave a comment:

• Noahh
    replied
    ^ I listened to them some time ago and tried to like them but again they sound so bland/average. :-?

I wasn't going to post about it because they're just snippets and not even studio version once, so you can't really judge the songs yet.

Was hoping she would go for a more edgy/rough/unique style and sound this time but it seems she's going for the safe generic pop thing unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by Noahh
    You can smake great/fresh music without being pretentious you know!

She has the talent, now she needs the right songs.
    Maybe you like the sound of one of the following:
    For the people who like to hear some live snippets of other songs from her upcoming album
    Touch the Sky
    Last Love
    Come A Little Closer

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Originally posted by Noahh
    Yep. ;)

Leave a comment:

• Noahh
    replied

She has the talent, now she needs the right songs.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCrazy
    replied
    Well I suppose we don't need another generic pop girl either. ;) Caught this on tv the other day, first time I'd heard it, just very average tbh, don't get the fuss. I wish I can transfer the downloads over to something better right now!

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    She was so interesting when she first released 'How We DO (party)' IMO. I loved the song, liked her style and image. Now she's just another singer to me. A shame really. I liked her better when she wasn't so perfectly pretty and all. If that makes sense..

Leave a comment:

• theArmy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Noahh
    replied
    I almost want this to flop.

Bitch needs to step up her game musically. She better give us a kickass album and not an album filled with generic/basic songs like IWNLYD.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by UKMusicLova
    #1 on iTunes!
    GO Rita

Leave a comment:

• UKMusicLova
    replied
    #1 on iTunes!

Leave a comment:

• LJC123