Comment

• #1 on iTunes!

Comment

• Originally posted by UKMusicLova
        #1 on iTunes!
        GO Rita

Comment

• I almost want this to flop.

Bitch needs to step up her game musically. She better give us a kickass album and not an album filled with generic/basic songs like IWNLYD.
          "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• I don't need Rita to be pretentious like other 'art'ists

Comment

• She was so interesting when she first released 'How We DO (party)' IMO. I loved the song, liked her style and image. Now she's just another singer to me. A shame really. I liked her better when she wasn't so perfectly pretty and all. If that makes sense..
              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Originally posted by theArmy
                I don't need Rita to be pretentious like other 'art'ists
                Well I suppose we don't need another generic pop girl either. ;) Caught this on tv the other day, first time I'd heard it, just very average tbh, don't get the fuss. I wish I can transfer the downloads over to something better right now!
                My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

You can smake great/fresh music without being pretentious you know!

She has the talent, now she needs the right songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh
                    Originally posted by theArmy
                    Yep. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh
                      Originally posted by theArmy

She has the talent, now she needs the right songs.
                      Maybe you like the sound of one of the following:
                      Originally posted by Jesper
                      For the people who like to hear some live snippets of other songs from her upcoming album
                      Touch the Sky
                      Last Love
                      Come A Little Closer

Comment

• ^ I listened to them some time ago and tried to like them but again they sound so bland/average. :-?

I wasn't going to post about it because they're just snippets and not even studio version once, so you can't really judge the songs yet.

Was hoping she would go for a more edgy/rough/unique style and sound this time but it seems she's going for the safe generic pop thing unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesper
                          Maybe you like the sound of one of the following:
                          Originally posted by Jesper
                          For the people who like to hear some live snippets of other songs from her upcoming album
                          Touch the Sky
                          Last Love
                          Come A Little Closer
                          Drag ha!
                          Snippets sound very promising to me!!
                          I'd like to think that we live in a kind of motion
                          Where our hands and feet are here to stay

Snakadaktal (2009-2014)

Comment

Amen tho. A sniff of pretentiousness always puts me off a particular artist. Lorde is a prime example, as well as many avant-garde or artsy musicians.
                            Originally posted by beredy
                            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Pretentious is another word people like to throw around to box up something they don't understand.

Being creative and imaginative should not be seen as a negative!! Having said that pretension is definitely out there, Gaga, Lorde etc are a few I don't feel are totally sincere but to label anything slightly odd, creative or something you don't understand automatically as "pretentious" is plain ignorant (yet another overused word but it feels relevant to my point).

Comment

• We could discuss what ''pretentious'' means for days now, the thing is - Rita did what the GP wanted, she released a catchy, Summer-ish, singalong track and is it doing badly? Well, look at the current UK iTunes chart.
                                She followed the trend, yes, but for the lead single. We have no clue what the full album is going to sound like, so let's wait a bit. If the whole record is like this, then we can talk about blandness and being pretentious

Comment

We could discuss what ''pretentious'' means for days now, the thing is - Rita did what the GP wanted, she released a catchy, Summer-ish, singalong track and is it doing badly? Well, look at the current UK iTunes chart.
                                  She followed the trend, yes, but for the lead single. We have no clue what the full album is going to sound like, so let's wait a bit. If the whole record is like this, then we can talk about blandness and being pretentious
                                  +1

Comment

• Her best song, thanks to Calvin. Just like Summer, the song is very basic, but it will stuck in your head and you can't stop listening to it

Comment

• Quite generic
                                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• I've grown to like this song over time, it's still a basic bish though. I hope the rest of the album is different to this.

Comment

• It's a quite simple pure pop song, but it is very catchy. I actually really like it!

Comment

• Originally posted by urbanmusik
                                            I'll probably spin this now and again since I've been playing generic tracks a little more recently, but I recognise it's not particularly impressive.
                                            By now and again I must have meant all the time. I feel so basic. Just imagine if Whitney sang this though.
                                            late.

Comment

• ^ genericmusik.

Wait, this is kinda good, very catchy.
                                              be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

• Originally posted by urbanmusik
                                                Originally posted by urbanmusik
                                                I'll probably spin this now and again since I've been playing generic tracks a little more recently, but I recognise it's not particularly impressive.
                                                By now and again I must have meant all the time. I feel so basic. Just imagine if Whitney sang this though.

It does have Million Dollar bill vibes
                                                Forever Young

Comment

• The R3hab remix is epic, want to hear it in a club!

Comment

• Congratulations to Rita Ora, who has gone straight in at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart today with I Will Never Let You Down. In doing so, Rita is now tied with former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell as the British female recording artists credited with the most solo UK Number 1s (four).
                                                    I don't agree with this, she was just the feature on "Hot Right Now".

Comment

Working...
                                                    X