No announcement yet.

Usher - The UR Experience World Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usher wows Madison Square Garden crowd with classics, new tracks and dance moves
    The UR Experience tour's stop at the famed NYC venue Friday night had the audience — and everyone onstage — grooving nonstop.

The UR Experience tour made a stop at Madison Square Garden and DJ Cassidy was on hand to get the party started right with August Alsina taking the stage next.

The up-and-coming New Orleans R&B singer was recently hospitalized after falling during a show at Irving Plaza in NYC. He reportedly suffered from a seizure, but said he was fine to continue touring.

Some reports have indicated that Usher's opening acts are the cause for his low ticket sales in certain cities. But it was hard to tell from the crowd's roaring response.

Regardless of who opened, there was no denying who the guest of honor was on stage in front of a sold-out audience at the legendary New York City venue.

Usher blasted onto the stage performing "OMG" first, and the crowd went wild.

Mixing in his classics like "You Make Me Wanna" and "My Boo" along with newer tracks like "Good Kisser," Usher kept the audience on their feet throughout the high-energy show. Can't say the same about his feet staying put as he continuously changed his sneakers throughout the show from red to black to gold.

Good thing he did as Usher spent about two hours dancing and no one on stage was off the hook. His band and back-up singers grooved right along with him and his athletic dancers.

He showed off his vocals with an a capella version of "Let It Burn" and even came out drumming at one point.

Fans have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the multi-talented artist's eighth album "UR," but he recently removed it from the fall release list in order to take more time to perfect it.

"The album isn't scheduled anymore," he told Billboard in September. "I've basically taken it back. I'm taking my time with it."

Still, he may have temporarily satisfied New York City fans' cravings with his explosive performance at MSG on Friday.

Comment

What's the setlist?
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I expected a further delay to be honest! Good and smart move!
        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er
          What's the setlist?
          source
          My Way
          OMG
          Love in This Club
          You Make Me Wanna...
          Lil' Freak
          Nice & Slow
          U Remind M
          Twisted
          Caught Up
          She Came to Give it to You
          Dot Com
          Climax
          Seduction
          That's What It's Made For
          Confessions Parts I & II
          DJ Break
          Burn
          There Goes My Baby
          U Got It Bad
          Superstar
          Bad Girl
          Good Kisser
          U Don't Have to Call
          DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love
          Yeah!
          Without U

"Dot Com"? Never heard of it. He's not even doing his current single, "I Don't Mind"! Beyonce's-"Sweet Dream"-sized mess.

9 songs from Confessions too. Slay!

Comment

Dot Com

Can't believe he performs Twisted but none of the other singles from L4M (Other than Climax)

Also missing My Boo & Hey Daddy.
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Is 'Dot Com' a new song ? Mmh, sounds tacky.

Great setlist, all his classics are here though I wish "My Boo" and "Dive" were also there.

Comment

Y'all never heard of Dot Com???

Comment

Originally posted by Hermes

Great setlist, all his classics are here though I wish "My Boo" and "Dive" were also there.

Dot Com is from the bonus CD for his DVD from the Confessions era
                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

TGMB 2.0 can be laid to rest

Comment

Originally posted by MO_FAN95
                      It's because it's TGMB 2.0 that it's so good. I thought you liked it, actually...

Comment

Originally posted by MO_FAN95
                        It's because it's TGMB 2.0 that it's so good. I thought you liked it, actually...

Ehhhhhhhh I like it but I don't go crazy over it. It actually kinda got a little boring to listen to. I might give it some spins today I haven't listened to it in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by abi
                          He's not even doing his current single, "I Don't Mind"! Beyonce's-"Sweet Dream"-sized mess.
                          OK, apparently he performed it as a medley with "New Flame".

Comment

Originally posted by TIfan
                            Ive seen Usher live and he gives his all on his performances. I just want to see some new dancing because Im tired of the stuff he been doing for the last 17 years.
                            I wanted to go, but I got disappointed once I read this. :(
                            DANITY KANE

Comment

Aww please go see him. I never meant for that to happen.
                              Diva!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TIfan
                                Aww please go see him. I never meant for that to happen.
                                I mean, I haven't ever seen him live and have great respect for him as an wholesome artist, but this got me worried :( So, the first time he will slay but there's not that much of a chance that he will change for the next era and make it different for the concert to stand for itself?
                                DANITY KANE

Comment

I think i gonna watch his show on Yahoo Screen.. They are streaming it tonight
                                  "Riding in front of the picture in the frame of myself, middle of nowhere..."

Comment

Atlanta show.

"Lovers & Friends". Woooo the reaction.

Comment

When is he going to release the album?

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                        Never.

He said he wants to tour and record and then release it when it is ready.
                                        Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack

Urshetta is being a diva right now

Comment

^You're not going to this tour, MŘ_FAN1989?

Comment

Ugh...I should've went to the ATL show. The arena is literally 2 minutes from where I stay.
                                              Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                                              X