Ariana Grande - The Honeymoon Tour 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noahh
    Anyway, I'm so excited to go to the show myself on June 13th in Cologne with Sven (Mainshow) and Lucas (larces).
    She better deliver as Sven talked me into this

Comment

I've discovered my luhh for Pink Champagne

Comment

Originally posted by theArmy
        they'll be adding more songs cause they all agreed to it that the first show was too short
        Yesss, a longer show is always a plus!

Curious to find out what songs she will add to the setlist.

Originally posted by larces
        Originally posted by Noahh
        Anyway, I'm so excited to go to the show myself on June 13th in Cologne with Sven (Mainshow) and Lucas (larces).
        She better deliver as Sven talked me into this
        Pressure is on for Ariana then.
        "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Bwake Fwee should've opened the show.

Maybe I'm just falling in luh with it again.
          Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Problem last ? IMO Bang Bang would've been a better opener than the unnecessary intro

still a great setlist

Comment

Originally posted by Era
              Problem last ? IMO Bang Bang would've been a better opener than the unnecessary intro

still a great setlist
              It's the encore, and her biggest hit, so it seems logical

Comment

Intro ain't the opener, it is Bang Bang indeed

She needs to add Baby I & Piano!!

Comment

She doesn't really have a song that screams "close da show with this heaux". Maybe a super duper deluxe Perez Hilton gay version of Problem.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I actually love the fact that the concert opens with a big hit and also Closes with a big hit from her.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                      She doesn't really have a song that screams "close da show with this heaux". Maybe a super duper deluxe Perez Hilton gay version of Problem.
                      Sis, wheeeet.....Problem & Break Free are masterpieces. She could open and close the shows with em !!

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                        Sis, wheeeet.....Problem & Break Free are masterpieces. She could open and close the shows with em !!
                        I Don't think Prollem has the "pow" sound for a good closing song. We need the David Gaydah remix.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

First review wasn't friendly, but I hope she improves.

For the past year, Ariana Grande and her handlers have been aggressively running through the "pop star to-do list."

A string of radio hits? Check. A gossip-site-salivating romance with another celeb? Check (in her case, with rapper Big Sean). A supersize voice? Big check on that.

But Saturday at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, Grande faced one of the bigger tests of her career. The 21-year-old headlined an arena for only the second time on her first-ever tour.

And it showed. The Bradley Center may have been filled to near-capacity with automatically adoring teen and preteen "Arianators." But the Milwaukee stop on Grande's "Honeymoon Tour" didn't signify the birth of the next superstar. Most of the time, it felt like a dress rehearsal.

Uninspired, misguided direction was a problem. Grande floated in on a cloud for "Best Mistake," uncomfortably cooing while her boyfriend delivered a guest verse on the video screen behind her. Two songs later, she floated in again — this time on a chandelier, for a not-so-great "Gatsby"-style set piece with a Mac Miller video cameo that looked like it was shot in a closet.

And one of the show's few novel twists — the use of vocal-distorting gloves for "Why Try," introduced via video by rambling celebrity endorser Imogen Heap — was underwhelming and ill-conceived. Who honestly thought chopping up and electronically manipulating Grande's pretty voice was a good idea?

Even the "sure things" weren't Saturday. "Bang Bang" should have been an explosive start. There were fireworks and a DJ and a rock band and a string section and 12 backing dancers. But vocally, Grande played it safe, falling short of the recording's massive money notes. She still hit all her choreography marks Saturday, her voice never actually faltering, although her stage presence was mechanical, her voice emotionally stilted — odd for a former Nickelodeon actress.

When Grande simply sat and sang "My Everything" — atop a white piano, the massive train of her dress draping off the front — she showcased the sensational vocals she's proved to be capable of. (Even more impressive, she sang without an earpiece.) A second ballad, the Harry Styles co-written "Just a Little Bit of Your Heart," was a wise addition to this portion of the set Saturday.

And Grande gave the crowd a good ending with energy-boosting hits "Break Free" and "Problem."

But her primary problem was evident in the banter. Grande seemed confused, uncertain about what to say, insecure. And if you're going to be a pop star, confidence needs to be at the top of that to-do list.

Opening boy band Rixton's debut album doesn't drop until Tuesday, but based on the screams in the Bradley Center, the crowd was instantly smitten by its extra-airy pop songs, and frontman Jake Roche's drum-set-climbing, security-guard-head-rubbing energy — plus the way he purred "Allo Mil-wah-key" with his debonair British accent. According to Rixton's website, the band will be at Summerfest July 3.

First opener Cashmere Cat's ambient electronica is a far better fit for a space like the Miramar Theatre (where he performed post-Grande show Saturday). But the Norwegian producer born Magnus August Hoiberg has worked with the likes of Kanye West and Miley Cyrus — and, yes, Grande — and did a better job in an arena than expected.
                          http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/m ... 48181.html

Comment

Originally posted by hotMCfan
                            First review wasn't friendly, but I hope she improves.
                            She already did so much if you compare it to for example last year. Reviews basically base their opinion on what they see now.
                            It is all just work in progress.

Comment

It's her first big tour, give her some time to improve

Comment

Ariana needs to work with Fifth Harmony's choreographer & stage director tbh. They are able to make the girls become GREAT PERFORMERS! I've been watching their live performance of "Worth It" and I was slayed.

Comment

I'm not going this tour, because I think her discography is still too small for me to really hit it big (too many filler songs). I'm definitely planning to go and see her live in the future though, she's great.
                                  Eudaimonia
                                  Last.fm
                                  Instagram

Comment

Saw her yesterday, it was a great show, especially for a first headlining worldtour by somebody.
                                    The crowd was awful, I know I am tall, but those kids asking me every 5 seconds if I wanna move, because they can't see the stage, while they would ahve needed to go in front of the stage to be able to see something

Comment

Originally posted by Jesper
                                      Saw her yesterday, it was a great show, especially for a first headlining worldtour by somebody.
                                      The crowd was awful, I know I am tall, but those kids asking me every 5 seconds if I wanna move, because they can't see the stage, while they would ahve needed to go in front of the stage to be able to see something

Imagine me on her concert, I'm almost 2 meters XDD AND I WOULDN'T GIVE A SINGLE **** !!

Comment

It was incredible
                                        *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

Originally posted by ThatBieberSide
                                          It was incredible

Tell me EVERYYYTTTHINGGGGGGGG!!!! Was she stunningly beautiful as usual, what songs did she perform!!??

And post some pics if u have!!

Comment

Glad to hear you had fun at the show ThatBieberSide!

I'll be seeing her in a week. Pretty excited.
                                            "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Originally posted by ThatBieberSide
                                              It was incredible

Tell me EVERYYYTTTHINGGGGGGGG!!!! Was she stunningly beautiful as usual, what songs did she perform!!??

And post some pics if u have!!
                                              She just performed the normal setlist, there were no additions from what I am aware of expect she performed a little using them gloves

Bang Bang was a good opening and the fireworks were so good The singles were definitely the best songs because the crowd were so loud, like probably the loudest I have heard at a concert She had these really cool cat ears that lit up in sync with the music but they were so expensive and explains why not many people had them, if they had been cheaper it would have been so cool to see everyone with them on and all the lights. Some of the backdrops were like stunning and it just looked so good! The budget must have been like x100 more than Nicki's tour Her vocals were on point but it's not like I needed to say that, it's hardly surprising

I didn't really get many good photos but maybe toxicALIENS can post some if he has some good ones
                                              *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

WAIT

I thought u were at that Capital or whatevah Summer festival :-? :-? :-?

Messsssssssssss, u've been to her concert actually u saw her before me, I hate uuuuu

Comment

Working...
                                                X