No announcement yet.

Janet Jackson - Black Diamond Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a little worried about the prospects of the tour going international most especially in Asia due to the corona virus. Avril cancelled her entire Asian leg due to health concerns and understandably so. Health is paramount and I won't be mad if it takes a while before international dates are announced.

Comment

Originally posted by red3269 View Post
      ^This is from Touring Data's Twitter page. Do they literally count the number of blue dots on the interactive seat map?
      There's an easy way of doing it - via Google Chrome > Ticketmaster.com (relevant date page)...

Right click > view page source > search: totalPriceRange":[],"count" >

You'll then get a list of tickets left per area on the map but underneath that, you'll have a total:

"totalPriceRange":[],"count":1364,"

Comment

Originally posted by red3269 View Post
        I'm a little worried about the prospects of the tour going international most especially in Asia due to the corona virus. Avril cancelled her entire Asian leg due to health concerns and understandably so. Health is paramount and I won't be mad if it takes a while before international dates are announced.
        Some European countries already have bans on large crowd gatherings. But this is still early and eventual dates for European and Asian dates would be towards year end anyway. By that time the virus could die out like SARS etc. I don't think there's any reason to panic yet. They probably have venues in mind and possible bookings, but if they're smart they will just wait a bit to see how the situation unfolds. And the virus is present in the US too and spreading. For all we know dates could get canceled in certain ares due to public safety there too in the future.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

If they’re afraid of low ticket sales outside the US, coronavirus would definitely make a good excuse for not being able to visit the rest of the world. Another cancelled European tour would just be the final straw.

Or they could use it to their advantage and say that they’re ‘scaling down’ venue sizes in Europe and elsewhere as a precautionary measure due to coronavirus. That would save face if she has issues selling out large arenas.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post

There's an easy way of doing it - via Google Chrome > Ticketmaster.com (relevant date page)...

Right click > view page source > search: totalPriceRange":[],"count" >

You'll then get a list of tickets left per area on the map but underneath that, you'll have a total:

"totalPriceRange":[],"count":1364,"
            I tried it but I couldn't find total price range but thanks for sharing. i'll give it another go
            Last edited by red3269; Mon March 2nd, 2020, 14:30.

Comment

Does anyone have a breakdown of how many tickets she sold and how many are still available per date ?

-

I agree with the comments above. This will be her 3rd tour in America in the past 5 years + the Vegas residency and Rhythm Nation shows! There really isn't much demand especially considering the fact that she hasn't released an album since 2015. Like i'm a huge Janet fan but I already spent 500$ to see her just a few years ago I'm not exactly eager to go see her again anytime soon.

She should book some theaters in Europe and do a leg there.

Comment

Originally posted by _makeme View Post
                Does anyone have a breakdown of how many tickets she sold and how many are still available per date ?
                6/24/2020 AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami 6,871 1
                6/26/2020 Amway Center, Orlando 9,061 1
                6/27/2020 Amalie Arena, Tampa 10,406 1
                6/29/2020 State Farm Arena, Atlanta 5,144 1
                7/1/2020 Bridgestone Arena, Nashville 9,727 1
                7/5/2020 Coliseum Complex, Greensboro 11,095 1
                7/7/2020 Capital One Arena, Washington 5,635 1
                7/9/2020 Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia N/A 1
                7/10/2020 PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh 10,668 1
                7/12/2020 Prudential Center, Newark 8,865 1
                7/14/2020 Madison Square Garden, New York City 4,179 1
                7/17/2020 The Grand Theater, Mashantucket 614 1
                7/18/2020 TD Garden, Boston 9,625 1
                7/21/2020 KeyBank Center, Buffalo N/A 1
                7/22/2020 Scotiabank Arena, Toronto 9,506 1
                7/24/2020 Little Caesars Arena, Detroit 9,213 1
                7/27/2020 United Center, Chicago 5,870 1
                7/28/2020 Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse, Cleveland N/A 1
                7/31/2020 Enterprise Center, St Louis 5,844 1
                8/1/2020 KFC Yum! Center, Louisville 12,534 1
                8/3/2020 American Airlines Center, Dallas 8,170 1
                8/5/2020 Toyota Center, Houston N/A 1
                8/7/2020 AT&T Center, San Antonio 6,498 1
                8/9/2020 Gila River Arena, Glendale 10,051 1
                8/10/2020 Viejas Arena, San Diego 5,373 1
                8/12/2020 STAPLES Center, Los Angeles N/A 1
                8/15/2020 Honda Center, Anaheim 4,976 1
                8/17/2020 Golden 1 Center, Sacramento 9,473 1
                8/18/2020 SAP Center, San Jose 8,712 1
                8/20/2020 Moda Center, Portland 10,626 1
                8/22/2020 Rogers Arena, Vancouver 9,734 1
                8/23/2020 Tacoma Dome, Tacoma 9,524 1
                Tickets Available
                27/32
                Shows

17,000 tickets sold in two weeks (1,200 per day).

All venues are available on normal capacities with 12-14k each. So far there is no dates with curtains or blocked section, but I see State of the World Tour attendances here so don't expect too much.

Comment

@matheusbelmont

Thank you !

Comment

She needs to drop the Album and perform at the BBMA & BET awards

Comment

Is it safe to assume she will be postponing the US leg of the tour? She keeps telling everyone to stay home etc and i dont see June/July being realistic for people to be that close to one another. Anyone know if there will be an announcement or some type of update?

Comment

It is officially POSTPONED per Ticketmaster and Livenation

Comment

good post!

Comment

She (or her team) is hyperactive on social media but they still didn't mention this. I guess that they will once they have new dates set.
                            Last edited by Bojan; Wed May 27th, 2020, 19:26.
                            Gone.

Comment

Her touring history is just such a complete mess :(

Comment

She's been having concerts in each of the past 5 years (only one in the 2016, though) and grossed over $100 million, not counting 11 festivals in Europe, the Middle East, Australia, New Zealand, and the U.S. Does anyone have an idea how that works and how much artists are usually paid for their performances at big festivals? For instance, she headlined the Outside Lands Music Festival in San Francisco, and it ended up being the highest-grossing festival of the year in the U.S.

Performing at all these festivals for the mostly young audience was one of the best things she had done lately. Could it be that she's the only woman above 50 that have performed at the Glastonbury's Pyramid Stage oustide the "Sunday Legends" slot? I'm amazed that a woman in her 50s, with a music career nearly four decades long, is still welcome at all those festivals, usually reserved for current, young female stars, and rock bands.

Her European tour could be made mostly of festival performances, like the latest Taylor Swift tour.

I really hope that she can continue this streak in the next five years. Obviously, she has no intention to slow down.
                                Last edited by Bojan; Mon June 8th, 2020, 14:21.
                                Gone.

Comment

I'm starting to think that all tours will be postponed in 2021 again.
                                  Gone.

Comment

Working...
                                  X