Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

Seems packed to me.

The upper section in Stockholm, which is a small section anyway, was never on sale. Dumb decision as the seated tickets sold out soon... As previously posted in this same thread.

Attendance for tonight show must be something like 35k-40k, I guess.
    Amazing crowd. Still having that mass appeal in 2022 is very impressive.
    " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• Fun Tonight? Really? I feel like that's the least liked song from the album
      I hope she ditches that song and adds Sine From Above to the setlist instead. It still boggles my mind how that song never made the setlist in the first place. That song basically embodied Chromatica's message.

1000 Doves is a nice addition, although I prefer the uptempo version.
      "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• She should cut Alice, its super boring with her just moving her hands around while being on that platform.

Comment

• Alice is sadly not doing it for me due the static performance. And it’s my fav from the album next to Sine.
          BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
          YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Comment

• She can't cut Alice. It's such a fan favorite!

Comment

• Justice for 1000 DOVES, one of her favourites confirmed

Also, its clear that the Chromatica that was released is basically a remixed version of what she wrote.
                Although I do love the dance itteration of Doves also.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                  Justice for 1000 DOVES, one of her favourites confirmed

Also, its clear that the Chromatica that was released is basically a remixed version of what she wrote.
                  Although I do love the dance itteration of Doves also.
                  She looks and sounds so good!
                  So they’re filming the tour??? I need more videos like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post

She looks and sounds so good!
                    So they’re filming the tour??? I need more videos like this.
                    No idea. It just came up as a suggestion when i went to yt.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

No idea. It just came up as a suggestion when i went to yt.
                      The guy just filmed the big screen, and did a great job tbh lol

Comment

• Two new 5/5 stars reviews after last night show in Stockholm:

Lady Gaga review: Spectacular freak show from a superheroine of pop
                        5/5

Part CGI extravaganza, part erotic art installation – Lady Gaga bewildered the Stockholm crowd with outrageous bombast

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/ar...erheroine-pop/

Lady Gaga, The Chromatica Ball, Stockholm, review: one of pop’s great performers continues her European return

The multi-hyphenate entertainer did not disappoint on stage in the Swedish capital ahead of her UK dates next week.
                        5/5

https://inews.co.uk/culture/lady-gag...-dates-1753362

Comment

• Comment

• I’m so excited seeing her live in London next week, does she have a support act? What time is she due on stage based on the shows so far?

Comment

• She looks stunning. Hopefully they'll film the show and release in HQ in the future.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by SG1401 View Post
                                I’m so excited seeing her live in London next week, does she have a support act? What time is she due on stage based on the shows so far?
                                Same, a week today for me! I haven’t heard confirmation of support but Rina Sawayama is rumoured.

I’ve avoided the set list as I like the surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post

Same, a week today for me! I haven’t heard confirmation of support but Rina Sawayama is rumoured.

I’ve avoided the set list as I like the surprise.
                                  You're going to the first London date as well? There's no support act, Rina is definitely not doing it. Unfortunately Would have been fab to see her!
                                  without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                                  like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Ahh nevermind! I’m surprised she has absolutely
                                    no support, but hopefully that means a long show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                      Ahh nevermind! I’m surprised she has absolutely
                                      no support, but hopefully that means a long show.
                                      2 hours.

Another 5 stars review, by Rolling Stone:

https://www.rollingstone.co.uk/music...-review-20560/

Lady Gaga’s Chromatica Ball live in Stockholm: the party we waited for

After the tour was originally hampered by the pandemic, Lady Gaga’s ‘Chromatica’ album spectacularly comes to life in the live arena – another reminder that she’s one of the greatest living musical performers

5.0 rating

By Hannah Ewens

The hampered release of Lady Gaga’s sixth studio album Chromatica was one of the pandemic’s many musical casualties. While Dua Lipa’s disco album Future Nostalgia was released in early lockdown (much to the delight of pop fans, mainstream music listeners, and new outdoor exercisers both sides of the Atlantic), Gaga’s album, with a similarly party vibe, fell awkwardly in late May. An immensely accomplished dance pop album felt tonally off to the collective mood – now mostly dire, restless, and anxious about when the pandemic would end – as the world focused on the Black Lives Matter protests.

The fact she still achieved a number one, Grammy wins, and widespread critical acclaim for the album was testament to the power of Gaga and some of the best tracks in years from the pop star (‘Rain on Me’, ‘Stupid Love’, ‘Free Woman’). But this was an album born — more so, perhaps, than any of her work to date — to be performed live. Like many other tours, the Chromatica Ball was postponed.

Two years later, and in spite of the chronic pain Gaga experiences from her fibromyalgia illness, it turns out Little Monsters shall go to the ball. The global stadium tour is running through Europe and then on to the US, Canada, and Japan. At Stockholm’s Friends Arena, a sense of relief and excitement is in the air, for both Gaga and her Swedish fans.

Though divided into ‘acts’ to define Gaga’s many eras, the live show feels broadly split between two halves: singing, dancing, avant-garde 00s and early 2010s Gaga, into which most of the Chromatica tracks were folded, and piano ballad Gaga. While her live shows have worked this way before, seeing Gaga stripped back at a piano, allowing her powerful vocal performance to keep an audience transfixed, is where the magic of the evening happens. Perhaps post-pandemic and better knowing the nostalgic Gaga 101 all-guns-blazing star, the intimacy (despite the stadium size) is what feels extra special from a Gaga show now.

This slower section is where the real surprises come. For starters, she moves away from the sterile stage proper (which is surrounded by a band of empty flooring — despite being sold out, the venue’s fire marshal wouldn’t allow people in the large area around the front and side of the stage) to a platform in the busy centre of the room. Her mother was supposed to be in the audience tonight but she couldn’t make it because she’s feeling unwell, so ‘Born This Way’ is dedicated to her. When she tells the audience in ‘Edge of Glory’, “you were so brave during this global pandemic and you’re brave now too”, it’s surprisingly moving as the song and show itself become a special time capsule for live performances in the post-pandemic age.

The live debut of two Chromatica tracks, ‘1000 Doves’ (played as tells us she wrote it, just her at the piano) and ‘Fun Tonight’, both take on a beautifully solemn tone when isolated from the dance track energy of the studio recordings. She tells the crowd in tears that she was worried she’d never play stadiums again and thanks them for believing she could get better – you can see that this means everything to her. ‘Shallow’ and ‘Always Remember Us This Way’ from A Star Is Born has everyone in the room hanging on her every word.

It appears that the tour has been carefully and successfully designed with Gaga’s illness in mind. On this run, there are fewer dates than ever (she’s had to cancel live dates in Europe because of her illness in the past). More complex choreo seems to be weighted towards the latter part of the show, but blink and you’d miss it. Gaga on every level gives nothing short of excellence, but the two- or three-minute stops with visuals and a blackouts go on slightly for too long, breaking up the energy of the show and temporarily disengaging the audience until they’re dazzled again by Gaga’s next segment.

Inarguably the Chromatica tour is Gaga predictably back on form, proving that from vocal delivery to dance to showmanship, she maintains her title as one of the world’s greatest living musical performers. By the time she closes the night with ‘Hold My Hand’ (from the new Top Gun: Maverick soundtrack) in full latex and leather, selling the track and converting fans into believing this is Gaga canon, you deeply believe she has been counting down the days to perform on stages this size again. As she leaps over a ring of fire into a skid on her knees to finish, it’s evident that Gaga would, and can, do this forever.

Comment

• I wonder why Gaga never opts for great support acts.
                                        Rina basically publicly offered to open for her, and Bobby (Gaga's manager) liked tweets about that. Surely they could've arranged something right?!

Ah well. It's still going to be absolutely fantastic. Can't believe we're just one week away.
                                        Manifesting a surprise setlist for London with Sine From Above (featuring Elton John) and Rain On Me (featuring Ariana... since she's in London at the moment).

Comment

• She looks in superb shape, she has obviously worked hard to get ready for this. Kudos to her.
                                          1000 doves was sublime

Comment

• ViviLittleM
                                            Is Stade de France on BTW Ball with 70,617 her biggest crowd on a single night ever?
                                            Fingers crossed it can beat it this Sunday even if it’s just by a few hundreds.

Comment

• She sounds stunning on ARUTW. Tonally her voice is so good right now. When she segues into the second part of the second verse and the prechorus her tone, breath control and delivery is FLAWLESS.

Comment

• The tour is kicking ass. Now I truly can’t wait. I was hoping she would add either Fun Tonight or Free Woman to the setlist.

My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                                  ViviLittleM
                                                  Is Stade de France on BTW Ball with 70,617 her biggest crowd on a single night ever?
                                                  Fingers crossed it can beat it this Sunday even if it’s just by a few hundreds.
                                                  Yes. (outside festivals of course)
                                                  Hopefully 75k+

Comment

• Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post

Yes. (outside festivals of course)
                                                    Hopefully 75k+
                                                    Have the night of your life tonight

Looking forward to your review.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X