Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lady Gaga - The Chromatica Ball

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • Comment


    • Not opening the highest sections in Sweden for Gaga will always be a mystery…https://twitter.com/touringdata/stat...EjaTnH0cMeBSkQ

      Comment


      • Miami last night. Packed!


        Due to heavy rain and lightning, the show had to be cut short with the last act (SL, ROM, HMH) not performed.

        At least they got to experience 80% of the show…
        A bittersweet feeling that such an amazing tour had this little problem on its last night…



        That’s a wrap for the Chromatica Ball (unless some dates are added in LatAm or Australia, which I doubt).

        Comment


        • Hopefully refunds won’t be made. And we still get the boxscore.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
            Hopefully refunds won’t be made. And we still get the boxscore.
            Well, I don't know in US, but at least in my country, when at least 30% of the show went ahead, you cannot ask for a refund.
            And she only had the last act remaining...
            And it was because of the weather and safety reasons...

            So I honestly doubt any refund will be made (or that many people would even consider asking for it after attending 1h 45m of the concert)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nympho View Post

              Well, I don't know in US, but at least in my country, when at least 30% of the show went ahead, you cannot ask for a refund.
              And she only had the last act remaining...
              And it was because of the weather and safety reasons...

              So I honestly doubt any refund will be made (or that many people would even consider asking for it after attending 1h 45m of the concert)
              yeah seriously asking for a refund wouldn't be normal at all

              Comment


              • Comment







                • O-M-G!!!
                  HUGE numbers all around. Each one of those boxscores is way higher than expected. Even Houston, the weakest one, is above $4M!
                  Los Angeles numbers are just insane.



                  Total gross:



                  And we were afraid it could maybe not reach $100M!

                  Lady Touring Force Gaga!!!



                  Total: $804,779,937

                  #5 according to TouringData is P!nk with $821M,
                  A few Vegas shows and she’ll catch her.

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • That LA boxscore is insane, truly incredible. Congrats to Gaga, hopefully she won’t have such a long gap before she hits the road again!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by belmont View Post
                        They are not lowballing. Those are official numbers from Live Nation. The tour is still on sale and starts in a month in Europe and in 2 months in NA, so it's not like it will gross $80M. Billboard always round numbers, so it can be around $81-83M ($48-50M NA, $22.5-24M Europe and $10-11M in Japan).

                        They said that it will gross over $4M in NA because she already has $4M per night, based on current sales. So it will increase as long as more tickets are being sold.

                        There are still a lot of tickets left for shows like Houston, Miami, Atlanta, Arlington, Arnhem and others like Hershey and San Francisco and about $12-15M in unsold tickets for these cities. I'm still not sure about $100M total, especially after this article, but $5M average in NA is definitely possible. And I knew that this stadium in London was smaller than Wembley, Olympic Stadium, Emirates and Twickenham so I'm not suprised with 38K per night.
                        We are all shook.

                        Comment


                        • Incredible numbers. Especially LA.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

                          Comment






                          • Only female artists in the whole chart...

                            JULY: #10 - $28,293,827 - 276,297 - 6 shows
                            AUGUST: #5 - $46,014,106 - 323,100 - 8 shows
                            =
                            $74,307,933 - 599,397 - 14 shows

                            (TouringData (Pollstar) figures for those 14 shows: $74,326,356 - 599,396)

                            With the 6 remaining dates to be reported on the September chart, if they're similar to the ones from Pollstar ($38M), she'll probably chart on Billboard Boxscore Top Tours Top 10 another month, three months in a row.

                            Billie Eilish had 6 dates on Asia in August... but she's not Top 30 on this chart... I guess some of them weren't reported. As I doubt she grossed less than 6M.

                            On the August Top Boxscores chart she places two shows:

                            #17 - Lady Gaga
                            MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.
                            Aug. 11

                            $8,412,348
                            ($388.50-$58)
                            53,155
                            1


                            #28 - Lady Gaga
                            Wrigley Field, Chicago, Ill.
                            Aug. 15

                            $6,905,799
                            ($315-$49.50)
                            43,019
                            1

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nympho View Post



                              Only female artists in the whole chart...

                              JULY: #10 - $28,293,827 - 276,297 - 6 shows
                              AUGUST: #5 - $46,014,106 - 323,100 - 8 shows
                              =
                              $74,307,933 - 599,397 - 14 shows

                              (TouringData (Pollstar) figures for those 14 shows: $74,326,356 - 599,396)

                              With the 6 remaining dates to be reported on the September chart, if they're similar to the ones from Pollstar ($38M), she'll probably chart on Billboard Boxscore Top Tours Top 10 another month, three months in a row.

                              Billie Eilish had 6 dates on Asia in August... but she's not Top 30 on this chart... I guess some of them weren't reported. As I doubt she grossed less than 6M.

                              On the August Top Boxscores chart she places two shows:

                              #17 - Lady Gaga
                              MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.
                              Aug. 11

                              $8,412,348
                              ($388.50-$58)
                              53,155
                              1


                              #28 - Lady Gaga
                              Wrigley Field, Chicago, Ill.
                              Aug. 15

                              $6,905,799
                              ($315-$49.50)
                              43,019
                              1
                              Pretty weird there is a difference tbh. I mean there wasn’t any show with exchanges rate in August. It wouldn’t have surprised me in September with Japan shows, but anyway as long as it’s not a big diff

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post

                                Pretty weird there is a difference tbh. I mean there wasn’t any show with exchanges rate in August. It wouldn’t have surprised me in September with Japan shows, but anyway as long as it’s not a big diff
                                August difference between Billboard and Pollstar is $10,723

                                ($46,024,829 vs $46,014,106)

                                July difference was $7,700

                                ($28,301,527 vs $28,293,827)
                                =
                                $18,423

                                The two shows they reported in that Top 30 from August have exactly the same numbers as Pollstar… but I guess one (or some) others will have slightly different numbers.

                                It’s a tiny amount anyway, so no big deal.

                                Comment


                                • Comment


                                  • Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                    Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                    The show does look very good, hopefully it helps with the U.S ticket sales which seem to be struggling
                                    Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                    If you have an actual look on ticketek it shows a very different story.
                                    Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                    I said some of the U.S shows are struggling to sell out when it's clearly correct
                                    Ewokguy15 thoughts?

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                      Total gross:
                                      Originally posted by belmont View Post
                                      I'm still not sure about $100M total

                                      Comment


                                      • Stop baiting, please. Yes, they were wrong.
                                        But no need for drama in this thread now.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                          Stop baiting, please. Yes, they were wrong.
                                          But no need for drama in this thread now.
                                          Popthatshit is clearly million back again..
                                          " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                          Stan of Meredith.

                                          Comment


                                          • https://www.billboard.com/pro/lady-g..._medium=social

                                            Comment


                                            • ^

                                              Lady Gaga Finishes The Chromatica Ball With $112 Million in Stadiums



                                              The trans-continental trek sold over 800,000 tickets.

                                              The typical album cycle in recent years: drop a single, announce a handful of concerts, set a release date, encounter a global pandemic, wait two years for the touring industry to allow your world tour to play. Thirty months after tickets went on sale, Lady Gaga has wrapped The much-bigger-than-originally-planned Chromatica Ball to the tune of $112.4 million and 834,000 tickets, according to figures reported to Billboard Boxscore.

                                              The original incarnation of The Chromatica Ball was a set of two European shows (Paris on July 24, 2020 and London on July 30) and four North American shows (Boston on Aug. 5, Toronto on Aug. 9, Chicago on Aug. 14, and East Rutherford, N.J., on Aug. 19). Delayed once to 2021 and again to 2022, the tour expanded from six shows to 20, playing five markets in Europe (including two shows in London), 11 in North America and a double-header in Tokyo.

                                              Much like Harry Styles and Dua Lipa, being forced to push her shows to 2022 by the pandemic yielded heightened anticipation rather than attention-span malaise. Gaga swept through Germany, Sweden, France, the Netherlands and England, earning $28.3 million from six shows in July. She followed with a North American leg that earned $72.6 million in July and August, plus two shows in Tokyo that generated $11.5 million on Sept. 3-4.

                                              Gaga set a handful of local records along the way, claiming the highest gross in Hershey Park Stadium’s history. Among single-night engagements, she has the all-time top gross at San Francisco’s Oracle Park ($7.4 million), top attendance at Boston’s Fenway Park (38,267), and gross and attendance at Chicago’s Wrigley Field ($6.9 million; 43,019). The only event with a larger gross at L.A.’s Dodger Stadium was 2017’s The Classic West, the two-day classic rock super-festival headlined by the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac.

                                              The Chromatica Ball was Gaga’s first all-stadium run, but it wasn’t her first dip in the pond. As early as The Monster Ball (2009-11), the pop shapeshifter played stadiums in multiple Mexican markets, selling out two nights at Mexico City’s Foro Sol with 111,000 tickets sold.

                                              Gaga’s stadium ambition spread throughout Asia, Europe, South America and Africa on The Born This Way Ball (2012-13) and ArtRave: The Artpop Ball (2014), mixed with arenas on each continent, and exclusively indoor venues in North America. Conversely, The Joanne Ball (2017-18) mixed arenas and stadiums in North America but stuck to arenas for its limited European run.

                                              Despite its 2022 expansion, The Chromatica Ball was relatively brief compared to her previous tours. But moving to stadiums allowed Gaga to maximize her nightly audience, averaging 41,700 tickets per night, up 127% from her previous best of 18,400 on The Born This Way Ball. In nightly revenue, The Chromatica Ball leapt by 190% to a pace of $5.6 million, passing The Joanne Ball’s $1.9 million.

                                              At just 20 shows, The Chromatica Ball became Gaga’s highest grossing tour in a decade, and marked her third $100 million-dollar tour, following The Monster Ball and The Born This Way Ball.

                                              In all, Lady Gaga has a reported career gross of $689.5 million and attendance of 6.3 million.

                                              Comment

                                              Working...
                                              X