Taylor Swift // The 1989 World Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alejandritostevens
    This is a really bittersweet feeling. Like, the tour was huge as it is and i'm really proud of how big it became, BUT, there was room for a lot more and this most definitely was NOT a world tour. For instance, it visited less countries than the Red Tour did. Still can't believe her most global tour was the one from Speak Now of all eras

But, on the other hand, she basically confirmed she was going back to China next year, so i'm not sure what's happening:

-Is she lying and the tour won't end just yet?
    -Is she lying and she won't go back to China next year?
    -Will she do a 2nd tour for the same album?

I'm starting to think the latest is a huge possibility. It'd be her scapegoat to tour a lot more countries that can't afford 1989's full production without having to bring them a dumbed down version of it. I mean, she'd be bringing them a whole new tour with cheaper costs, that way no one would be disappointed at the fact that they received a different version of the same tour!

Where are you getting this information from?

Comment

• Originally posted by byzantium
      Originally posted by alejandritostevens
      This is a really bittersweet feeling. Like, the tour was huge as it is and i'm really proud of how big it became, BUT, there was room for a lot more and this most definitely was NOT a world tour. For instance, it visited less countries than the Red Tour did. Still can't believe her most global tour was the one from Speak Now of all eras

But, on the other hand, she basically confirmed she was going back to China next year, so i'm not sure what's happening:

-Is she lying and the tour won't end just yet?
      -Is she lying and she won't go back to China next year?
      -Will she do a 2nd tour for the same album?

I'm starting to think the latest is a huge possibility. It'd be her scapegoat to tour a lot more countries that can't afford 1989's full production without having to bring them a dumbed down version of it. I mean, she'd be bringing them a whole new tour with cheaper costs, that way no one would be disappointed at the fact that they received a different version of the same tour!

Where are you getting this information from?
      I'm not sure if the following link is just not loading for me or if the audio was deleted, but there used to be an audio of a private event in China hosted by Toyota, where the interviewer asked her if she had plans to go back there next year and she said yes, and that she wanted to play more cities, not just Shanghai:

http://rememberedalltoowell.tumblr.com/ ... ta-private

EDIT: The audio is there, it works!
      Watch TINI - Got Me Started (Official Video) on Vevo!

Comment

• Birthday present from Taylor: she will release her 1989 tour dvd on 20th december, 2015. It seems to be an apple exclusive for now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_PXOggjvId/ ... aylorswift
        Eudaimonia
        Last.fm
        Instagram

Comment

• The last boxscores are out. This tour has been quite a journey, even if a very short one. I'll keep many memories from this one

Taylor Swift, Vance Joy - AAMI Park - Melbourne, Australia
          Dec. 10-12, 2015 - $10,421,553 - 98,136 / 98,136 - 3 / 3

Taylor Swift, Vance Joy - ANZ Stadium - Sydney, Australia
          Nov. 28, 2015 - $6,571,683 - 75,980 / 75,980 - 1 / 1

Taylor Swift - Mercedes-Benz Arena - Shanghai, China
          Nov. 10-12, 2015 - $5,917,348 - 37,758 / 37,758 - 3 / 3

Taylor Swift, Vance Joy - Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane, Australia
          Dec. 5, 2015 - $4,759,471 - 46,881 / 46,881 - 1 / 1

Taylor Swift - Indoor Stadium - Singapore
          Nov. 7-8, 2015 - $3,217,569 - 17,726 / 17,726 - 2 / 2

Taylor Swift, Vance Joy - Adelaide Entertainment Centre - Adelaide, Australia
          Dec. 7-8, 2015 - $2,407,499 - 20,090 / 20,090 - 2 / 2

Total from these last 12 shows: $33,295,123

Total WW gross: $250,733,097 in 83 dates ($3,020,880.6 per date in average)

Total US gross: $181,457,647 in 55 dates ($3,299,229.9 per date in average)

Total International gross: $69,275,450 in 28 dates ($2,474,123.2)

Breakdown of international gross:
          +Canadian Gross - $17,964,410 in 7 dates ($2,566,344.2 per date in average)
          +European Gross - $7,429,089 in 7 dates ($1,061,298.4 per date in average)
          +Asian Gross - $19,721,745 in 7 dates ($2,817,392.1 per date in average)
          +Australian Gross - $24,160,206 in 7 dates ($3,451,458 per date in average)

Comment

• It should be added another year to surpass Madonna.

Comment

• She will be considered a touring legend in time. When was the last time someone made 180 million in the US alone? The 1989 world tour is the 4 top grossing female tour of all time and has less dates 83, then Anyone else in the top ten.

Comment

• Just to follow-up, I had an AMAZING time at the show. Honestly, I was fairly drunk, so it's all a bit of a blur, but I remember we lost the plot once the fireworks started. Here we are before heading in:

Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• The 1989 World Tour is fully available right now as an Apple Music exclusive. And of course Apple gave this eventful release the treatment it deserved

Comment

• Great pic @Jim

I hope they'll release a DVD/CD set of this so badly!

Comment

• Music News & Facts ?@musicnews_facts 3h3 hours ago
                      The '1989 World Tour' by Taylor Swift is the highest grossing tour in North America in history.
                      Whitney Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93
                        Music News & Facts ?@musicnews_facts 3h3 hours ago
                        The '1989 World Tour' by Taylor Swift is the highest grossing tour in North America in history.
                        Madonna who?
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by byzantium
                          She will be considered a touring legend in time. When was the last time someone made 180 million in the US alone? The 1989 world tour is the 4 top grossing female tour of all time and has less dates 83, then Anyone else in the top ten.
                          ^I guess that answers my question

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                            Originally posted by Nippian93
                            Madonna who?
                            Madonna never did a stadium tour in North America though...just the Yankee Stadium i think
                            "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues
                              Originally posted by spiritboy
                              Madonna who?
                              Madonna never did a stadium tour in North America though...just the Yankee Stadium i think
                              She can never sell out a stadium tour in NA though
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• @ Spiritboy: Why do u feel the need to bring madonna name here and there?U' re just annoying

Btw Madonna toured North America in her peak with the WTG Tour and 85 of the dates were stadium.
                                She doesn' t tour stadium anymore in Usa but Who cares when she still get more money and being more profitables to touring lables than most of the pop ladies who slay the chart these days.

Let's see what Taylor will do in 30 years and than we'll talk again. For now let' s celebrate the monstrous success of this girl and enjoy it.

Comment

• The fact is Taylor grossed more in US in 10 years than Madonna in 30+, really nothing to analyze.
                                  Whitney Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93
                                    The fact is Taylor grossed more in US in 10 years than Madonna in 30+, really nothing to analyze.
                                    Preach

It was supposed to be a joke but some pressed fans of a certain artist can't handle jokes.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                                      Madonna who?
                                      Spiritboy, there was no real need to bring Madonna into this thread. You know it annoys other users, and you also know it's unnecessary. I am therefore reminding you that such posts can be perceived as trolling, and that you are advised to resist the temptation.

Comment

• I liked the simplicity of her outfits on this era, the two piece ones really fit her well
                                        Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• PopCrave ?@PopCrave 2h2 hours ago
                                          A year ago today, Taylor Swift kicked off the 4th best selling female tour of all time 'The 1989 World Tour'

The tour grossed over $250M+ in just 85 shows and had 100% attendance
                                          It is the 4th highest grossing tour by a female in history
                                          Whitney Houston

Comment

• Just watched the professional recording from the Sydney show, it's so good. The show is incredible. Wish they had released this on DVD/BluRay (and a Live CD). :(

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE
                                              Just watched the professional recording from the Sydney show, it's so good. The show is incredible. Wish they had released this on DVD/BluRay (and a Live CD). :(
                                              The concert did come out as an Apple Music exclusive and that's in HD. That's a lot more than other concerts get.
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Working...
                                              X