Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katy Perry - Las Vegas Residency 2021-22

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Katy Perry - Las Vegas Residency 2021-22

    Katy Perry is planning a Las Vegas residency at The Theatre at Resorts World to start later this year, sources tell Billboard. The residency is expected to run into 2022.

    Resorts World is Las Vegas' first new-from-the-ground-up casino-resort on the Strip in more than a decade. The 5,000-capacity Theater will run as a joint development in partnership with AEG Presents, exclusively programmed and operated by its Concerts West division. The $4.3 billion casino is expected to open this summer.

    Katy Perry Can Draw a Crowd


    Perry, 36, rose to musical stardom in 2008 with “I Kissed a Girl,” and has been a popular artist since.

    She’s had 34 songs hit the Billboard Hot 100, including 14 top 10 songs and nine chart toppers. She was named Top Female Artist by the trade magazine in 2014 and won for Best Pop/Rock Female Artist at the American Music Awards in 2011, 2012, and 2014.

    In 2015, she headlined the Super Bowl halftime show. That performance drew record viewership of more than 118 million viewers.

    For the past four years, Perry has been a judge on the second incarnation of American Idol. The show is no longer the ratings juggernaut it was during its initial run. However, Idol, which airs twice weekly, still has both episodes rank among the top 30 most-watched shows.

    In the past decade, Perry has headlined three world tours. Her most recent one in 2018 ranked 29th that year, grossing $55.3 million, according to Pollstar. The 52-show tour in 41 cities sold more than 630,000 tickets at an average price of $87.30.

    Last fall, Perry gave birth to her first child, a daughter. She’s engaged to actor Orlando Bloom.


    source: Billboard & Casino.org

    DATES: TBA

  • #2
    This is perfect for her and will only see her impressive streaming stats increase more and more as fans and casual show go-ers are reminded of her incredible catalogue. Also will make things easier for her, as a new mother.

    Comment


    • #3
      She is tailor made for Vegas. She will bring so much money and hopefully some amazing shows.
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

      Comment


      • #4
        Great for her, but in Las Vegas, you have to sing live, don't you? She's not known to be the best live performer. With vaccination happening quickly in the US, she'll probably have one of the first shows by a major artist post-Corona, won't she?
        Last edited by theMathematician; Sat March 20, 2021, 20:59.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          Great for her, but in Las Vegas, you have to sing, don't you?
          Two words : Britney Spears
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

            Two words : Britney Spears
            I was just about to write those two same words!!

            Comment


            • #7
              People still pushing this false narrative that Katy Perry cannot perform live are so delusional. Katy is a very competent live performer and has done numerous world tours singing fully live every night, unlike the lip synching crew.
              And certain people have done residencies there in recent years without singing a note live.

              I hope she includes this amazing rendition of Unconditionally in her set. What beautiful vocals.

              Last edited by InFamous; Sat March 20, 2021, 21:06.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

                Two words : Britney Spears
                Also JLO. And Celine has lipped half or more of her show there since 2003
                Last edited by InFamous; Sat March 20, 2021, 21:06.

                Comment


                • #9
                  She is perfect for Vegas.
                  Whitney Houston

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post
                    She is perfect for Vegas.
                    Absolutely. Her catalogue of known and remembered hits are amazing. IT will basically be a Greatest Hits show !!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I’m actually big on Katy and her whole catalogue but Hot & Cold remains my favorite. I still think it was underrated and should’ve hit #1!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Katys Vegas show will be an amazing production - I mean look at the effort she went to for a performance of a flop single on Ellen

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                          Katys Vegas show will be an amazing production - I mean look at the effort she went to for a performance of a flop single on Ellen

                          I actually liked that song a lot. It truly hit home many times over lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zeph View Post

                            I actually liked that song a lot. It truly hit home many times over lol
                            Oh i like it too but it flopped !!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think she’ll produce some incredible early numbers but I think this will be more Gwen Stefani/Christina Aguilera in terms of its longer term numbers than Lady Gaga/Britney Spears. She’s also battling a post-pandemic world, which could hinder her commercial performance.

                              I’d love to be proven wrong though and clearly wish her the best of luck with this show - will be very interesting to follow.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                This can be so much fun.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Her Vegas show is going to be such an amazing spectacle. She just does that fluffy fun pop vibe better than anyone who came before. Especially when it comes to taking her music to the stage.

                                  @zeph


                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    Her Vegas show is going to be such an amazing spectacle. She just does that fluffy fun pop vibe better than anyone who came before. Especially when it comes to taking her music to the stage.

                                    @zeph

                                    It’s going to be a blast. She doesn’t take herself seriously and that’s the magic about her.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Zeph View Post

                                      It’s going to be a blast. She doesn’t take herself seriously and that’s the magic about her.
                                      Her visuals/graphics are so amazing. And yeah, that was what she lost during the Witness era, she tried to be too serious and it didnt work. I dont like the visuals from that era, I find them almost disturbing ! That Hey hey hey video.. what was she thinking !!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                        I think she’ll produce some incredible early numbers but I think this will be more Gwen Stefani/Christina Aguilera in terms of its longer term numbers than Lady Gaga/Britney Spears. She’s also battling a post-pandemic world, which could hinder her commercial performance.

                                        I’d love to be proven wrong though and clearly wish her the best of luck with this show - will be very interesting to follow.
                                        What makes you think so? I think it will be the opposite.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          I’ll definitely go see her live
                                          Her catalog is fabulous for a throwback and I’m sure she’ll put a good show on.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X