No announcement yet.

Lady Gaga | ENIGMA - Las Vegas Residency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xtina isn’t the only Vegas icon hitting the Hot Tours list this week. Lady Gaga is No. 2 with the second leg of her ongoing Sin City residency. Combining the grosses of Enigma and Jazz & Piano, Gaga added $13.5 million to her total, having grossed $29.5 million since her Dec. 28, 2018, launch. Additionally, the first six shows of Janet Jackson’s Metamorphosis hit the June 29 list with $4.1 million.
    https://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...erience-with-4
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
      That set list is perfect for world tour! I hope she does the same thing Britney did, where she brought it worldwide!
      I hope not, her stage looked tragic outside of Vegas

Comment

• Well she wouldn't need to have the same stage. Surely they would be able to rework it so it fits larger venues
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Time for a new hip.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
              What was she doing with him anyway? Were they making out on stage?

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

She has poor singing habits so it's not surprising

Comment

LOL.

Fans are worried? According to who? That 6k followers Twitter account?
                    Actually Gaga fans are saying it’s just a bad night or that she’s tired...

That’s reaching.

She’s been smoking her whole career and she’s an incredible singer.

She could lipsync the whole show or use pre-recorded vocals for the high notes... But voice can get tired when you always sing live and you have shows 3 days in a row.

Comment

• Yeah, this is a weird statement. Also, if you‘re a professional singer, you should know how to deal with the voice in combination with smoking. My partner is a professional singer and has been smoking his entire life (he‘s older than Gaga) and it never was a problem for him.

Comment

• BB Boxscores

Lady Gaga Park Theater Las Vegas, Nev. Oct. 17-31, 2019 $8,245,527 27614/27614 5/5 $551, $90 Live Nation, MGM Resorts International

Lady Gaga Park Theater Las Vegas, Nev. Nov. 03-09, 2019 $3,636,875 10572/10572 2/2 $551, $90 Live Nation, MGM Resorts International

Lady Gaga Park Theater Las Vegas, Nev. Oct. 20-26, 2019 $3,616,997 10593/10593 2/2 $551, $90 Live Nation, MGM Resorts International

Lady Gaga Park Theater Las Vegas, Nev. Nov. 02-08, 2019 $3,336,172 11905/11905 2/2 $551, $90 Live Nation, MGM Resorts International

Comment

• Insane numbers.

She has the #1 on per show average gross ($1.56 million), per show average attendance (5,441) and percentage of sold out shows (100%) in Vegas of all time.

She now has the 10th biggest residency and she’s the 8th biggest Vegas act of all time with only 31 shows.

Comment

• Insane numbers.

She has the #1 on per show average gross ($1.56 million), per show average attendance (5,441) and percentage of sold out shows (100%) in Vegas of all time.

She now has the 10th biggest residency and she’s the 8th biggest Vegas act of all time with only 31 shows.

Comment

• I couldn’t watch the whole thing
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Saw some bits on Twitter.
                                Won't comment any further.
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I couldn’t watch the whole thing
                                  Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                  Saw some bits on Twitter.
                                  Won't comment any further.
                                  I tried watching it yesterday. And pretty soon I started skipping forward. It was
                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Wow! Not you not liking her show! Who would have thought???!!!

Now seriously, just as I knew it would happen, I didn’t like it either.

I’m a big fan, but not a blind stan, so I have no problem recognizing it wasn’t good.

I completely hate concerts’ live streams. It’s never like an edited concert dvd: the effects, the lights, good shots, audience sound and cheers fixed and improved -which can completely kill the atmosphere- all those annoying breathing noises into mic erased, music sound up, and, of course, the live voice edited. (Because, unlike the majority of pop girls, Gaga sings 100% live… and you can tell. For good or for bad)

I attended Enigma last summer in Vegas an it was my best Gaga experience. And I have attended every tour of hers since 2009. It was not her best show, that’s for sure, but the one I enjoyed the most. By far.

And this concert live stream simply wasn’t it.
                                    It wasn’t Gaga’s best night vocally. No body shaming, but she should lose just a few pounds, imo. As it happened with that Artrave livestream a few years ago, she was veeery over the top screaming and swearing, while she wasn’t (well, yes, but not that much) when I saw her live.
                                    She had less dancers in this concert than in Vegas. Lightning was better in Vegas. Seemed very dark here. Some backdrops were different and better in Vegas. The stage is different in Vegas, the big screens in Vegas were amazing. All the ramps. No fireworks here.
                                    She skipped the best part of the show, the one with the giant robot-spider…

I mean, compare this Miami live stream to this:

And, at the end of the day, I’ve read people sayig “Oh, I hope she brings her Vegas show to a world tour”, but this show suits fine for a threatre (even if some might find the whole Enigma hologram or the futuristic clothes a bit tacky), but it doesn’t work at all for a big venue. Looks poor. What happens in Vegas...

Numbers and reviews for her Vegas shows are there. Breaking box-office records big time with absolutely each show so far sold out. Close to $2 million per night. So many people can’t be wrong. Nothing to prove.

But yes, being honest, this live stream wasn’t a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                      And this concert live stream simply wasn’t it.
                                      It wasn’t Gaga’s best night vocally. No body shaming, but she should lose just a few pounds, imo. As it happened with that Artrave livestream a few years ago, she was veeery over the top screaming and swearing, while she wasn’t (well, yes, but not that much) when I saw her live.
                                      Honestly, vocals were the least of the problems here. It's a live show with moving and dancing, so shaky voice and some off key notes are always to be expected. Sometimes less, sometimes more, but as long as the person on stage is doing their best, it's fine. What I did notice as far as actual performance goes was that her dancing had gotten even worse. Good ol' Britney dances better nowadays, and we all know that her moves are far from being as smooth as they once were.

And once she sat at the piano and actually sang, she did sound really good. Based on that if I were to go to a Gaga show I'd pick Jazz & Piano over Enigma any time of day.

And as for the Enigma concept. It's not a bad concept, but it's done so badly. Her "talks" with Enigma are just eye roll worthy all the time. And they're really badly scripted (the way that Enigma "introduces" BTW is just completely random, they could've scripted all these videos and chats much much better). And she's far from being believable in it. Seems like she's just spitting it out in a high school play kind of a way just to get it over with.

And it got really tiresome hearing her say "Put your hands up"/"Now jump!" every 10 seconds. She literally can't stop saying that. Somebody needs to tell her that people will do that on their own if they see you having fun on stage and enjoying the show. You don't need to remind the people to do that before/during/after every verse and chorus.

But what turned me away the most were her talks/antics on stage. Cringeworthy and bizarre are the two most polite words I can think of, so let's just keep it at that. She was just rambling embarrassing nonsense and wasn't able to stop.

I'm really glad I got to see The Monster Ball Tour. She was great there. Still easily one of the best and most fun shows I've ever been. I wish I did see Born This Way Ball Tour also. But this... I trust that the show works better in Vegas, it was, after all, intended to be performed there with all the tech and options the venue provides and whatever else they were able to fit in there to make the show. But this thing would have to be 1024364384638 times better for me to even be a decent show.

Comment

• beredy
                                        The Monster Ball tour had this same “high school acting” with the fame monster attacking her, her friends, the subway, etc. It was all a terrible story with bad acting... just as tacky (or more)... and you say you loved it.

She’s been saying jump and paws up to the audience constantly since her 1st tour. It’s always been that way. On TMBT as well. And you had fun and enjoyed...

Her looooong speeches between songs being dramatic and weird have been there since day 1... on TMBT as well, as it can be seen on the DVD.
                                        And you say it was one of the best shows you’ve ever been to...

I agree on the dance part. Not as extremely bad as you posted, but she can do much better than that.

At the end of the day I think it was not a good show for her standards for the reasons I posted... But your reasons... ok, it’s your opinion, but it seems to me (as I’ve just proved) she hasn’t changed her persona or acting since those tours you enjoyed that much... it’s you who has changed.
                                        You used to like her back then, you hate her now. Simple as that.

Comment

• She is literally saying Hands up/Now jump every 10 seconds in this video. Literally. She didn't do it back in the day this much. I don't mind her saying it, but it's way too much the way she does it now.

Cringey acting back then is one thing. She was new, it was different. Now she is trying to sell herself as a serious actress and talks about her shows like high artistry. Which they're not. Nothing is evolved and in that light makes her shows to me actually bad and her "art" as stagnant. If you're going to go into details, her Enigma stage is terrible, the effects are bad, her entry is hilariously anticlimactic (you're singing Just Dance while you're awkwardly flying in the air and doing weird moves with your legs like you're trying to get a frog mate with you? Girl no), her outfits are way worse than they have ever been (she'd be better off wearing one of Janet's trash bags, it would be a huge improvement), and I didn't think she could top ARTPOP Tour costume mess.

And as for her talking. No. She did not talk as much as she does now (or at least in this video). And she didn't talk idiotic deluded nonsense. I made leather jackets cool before they were cool. K, girl with a 10 year career. Leather jackets must have been invented right when you started your career I guess. The whole segment with the **** you. I mean. Girl. Person shouting Stupid Love there and not giving a **** about her wanting to get insults read her crap well. She edgy hastopped being half a decade ago. She tries to get it both ways nowadays (edgy, and then clean adult grown up image with Benet and ASIB) and it comes off as completely fake. And her talk about working 3 jobs and sleeping on a friends couch. Girl, you were rich (or at least very well off) since you were born. Why are you still trying to sell some fake ass story. It's not like she became famous because she was picked as the industry's next big project and got a push. She did it on her own. Be proud of it and don't try to push some fake ass narrative just to make you seem more relatable. It's pathetic and desperate.

I could go on and on and dissect a lot of what I've seen (and luckily as I said I started skipping forward because God know what other crap I missed), but it's cute you're trying to act like she's the same person as before. The fakery she built is too obvious.

Comment

• OMG.
                                            I knew you were one of her biggest haters, but never imagined it was to this point.
                                            Thanks for proving, once again, my point.

Comment

• Sure thing.

Comment

• Oh wow, I didn't know the show was this cringey and forced.
                                                It's been on my to go list for such a long time and I was feeling missed out but I'm glad I didn't spend all that money to be disappointed by this.

Comment

• Gaga has shows scheduled there from 30 April to 16 May.
                                                  Still a month and a half left... We'll see if they're postponed.

Currently, tickets left for this last leg:

30 April (E): Sold Out
                                                  2 May (E): Sold Out
                                                  3 May (J&P): 208 / 5,400 (96.1% sold out)
                                                  7 May (J&P): 824 / 5,400 (84.7% sold out)
                                                  9 May (E): Sold Out
                                                  10 May (J&P): 666 / 5,400 (87.6% sold out)
                                                  13 May (E): Sold Out
                                                  15 May (E): Sold Out
                                                  16 May (J&P): 31 / 5,400 (99.4% sold out)

All Enigma shows sold out and Jazz & Piano shows 92% sold out.
                                                  If they're not cancelled, another leg of sold out shows ahead.

PS: Gaga should really stop saying on Jazz & Piano shows that J&P shows are always sold out first…

Comment

• CDC announced ban on public gatherings for more than 50 people for the next 8 weeks so all concerts until May 17 will be postponed or cancelled.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X