X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spiritboy
    Legend
    • 11 Jan 2004

Re: Lady Gaga | ENIGMA - Las Vegas Residency

So it debuted last night and looks like a great show. Anyone has the setlist?
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Biebz
      Legend
      • 02 Jun 2013

Originally posted by spiritboy
      So it debuted last night and looks like a great show. Anyone has the setlist?
      Act 1
      "Just Dance"
      "Poker Face"
      "LoveGame"
      Act 2
      "Dance In The Dark"
      "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"
      "The Fame"
      "Telephone"
      "Applause"
      "Paparazzi"
      "Aura"
      Act 3
      "Scheiße"
      "Judas"
      "Government Hooker"
      "I’m Afraid of Americans" (David Bowie cover)
      "The Edge of Glory"
      Act 4
      "Alejandro"
      “Million Reasons”
      “Yoü and I”
      Act 5
      "Bad Romance"
      "Born This Way"
      Encore
      "Shallow"
      *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• JimJim
        • 29 Jun 2008

The setlist is amazing! If she had just added Gypsy and The Cure in somewhere, it would have been perfect. Actually, I'm very surprised that The Cure is not part of it :-?

Maybe the set will have slight changes date-to-date
        Check out my podcast: Pop Puzzle Music Trivia.

Available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music and more.

Comment

• spiritboy
          Legend
          • 11 Jan 2004

OMG, what a perfect setlist
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• GetBack
            Legend
            • 11 Jun 2010

I hope they added "The Cure".

Comment

• nympho
              • 07 Jul 2008

Yep, The Cure missing is a big WTF.
              Also, I thought she'd include more Joanne songs. Perfect Illusion or John Wayne would have perfectly fitted in that guitars battle-fire section...

Some pictures:

Comment

• KEY9481
                Legend
                • 11 Aug 2014

Loiks like a gumbo of all her past shows.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Erotica
                  Legend
                  • 15 Mar 2014

Setlist would be perfection without these boring songs in the second part like Shallow, Edge of Glory or Million Reasons.

Comment

• LongingHeart
                    Manager
                    • 01 Feb 2013

Looks effing perfeeect!

Comment

• Ewokguy15
                      • 19 Apr 2002

Originally posted by LongingHeart
                      Looks effing perfeeect!
                      From everything I’ve seen on Instagram all I can say is…

This is how you do Vegas!!!!!

Comment

• beredy
                        Legend
                        • 09 Nov 2010

Didn't know there was an Enigma thread, so I repost this here

So I watched a couple of videos now and here are my first impressions.

The best thing about the show is the stage (or at least on first impression). Even on low quality videos the effects/lightning/design come off just beautiful. I hope they film this and make a proper release. I love the setlist. It's basically greatest hits and I find that to be a proper approach in Vegas. Costumes are either hit or miss. I love the opening one and the one during Government Hooker. But the costume during Dance In the Dark/Applause and Edge of Glory are terrible. I see on the pictures some others that I haven't seen in clips online. Those look good too.

The opening is a bit anticlimactic. Just Dance is such a bop and literally asks you to dance yet she is slowly hovering over the audience and trying to do some moves but it doesn't land for me. I'd rather there was some intro while she was floating and JD starts when she hits the stage. It was also a bit of a mess with the mic falling off when they flipped her. I guess that uncoupling safety links, removing the cables then flipping her is a bit too much or needs to be rehearsed a bit better. I'd leave the prop synthesizer and let her be on some kind of a floating platform so she can move a bit or have her inside a pod (a la BTW Grammy performance) - it would fit the theme a bit better. And I'm a bit baffled by staging of the dancers and the dance moves. They kind of feel off?!? Like I can see the moves, but they're all a bit sluggish. Like when they're around her on Applause and they're doing some kind of wave-like choreo - it just looks lazy/random/impromptu. And she doesn't feel as into dancing as before, she's very static in a lot of upbeat songs? Hip? Or maybe the ghost of Britney decided to hang around.

High school theater parts where she "talks" with Enigma/Avatar/whatever are cringey.

The show will improve over time hough, no doubt about it.

Comment

• toni_pest
                          Legend
                          • 19 Apr 2007

shame she's doing shallow, i wanted live premiere at the oscars.

Comment

• aRat
                            Legend
                            • 06 Feb 2018

Originally posted by nympho

Ok this look is an utter SLAY
                            DUA LIPA - RIHANNA
                            98 - OUT

Comment

• IVyoncé
                              Legend
                              • 18 May 2009

The setlist looks decent. I kinda hoped for more Joanne and also some of the poppier A Star Is born tracks to be included in some way. Maybe Heal Me or Before I Cry. But she already has a pretty big catalogue of music with her studio albums, so I guess she would never be able to satisfy everyone.

Comment

• Thriller
                                Administrator
                                • 13 Dec 2003

Setlist is spot on for me, I hate The Cure so happy to not see it included.

Comment

• nympho
                                  • 07 Jul 2008

Lady Gaga Delivers the Show She Was Born to Perform With 'Enigma'

From the moment that Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta burst into our consciousness a decade ago, it was obvious that the artist known as Lady Gaga was built for a Las Vegas residency. That prophecy was fulfilled when the 32-year-old debuted “Enigma” at the Park MGM resort’s Park Theater on Friday, Dec. 28.

Gaga served a capacity crowd of 5,200 – which included Katy Perry, Dave Grohl, Regina King, Jeremy Renner, Orlando Bloom and Adam Lambert – an absolutely delicious smorgasbord of pop music, performance art and fantastic futurism during her 90-minute set that kicked off in true Gaga fashion.

With her “Little Monsters” going wild in anticipation of her entrance on stage, Gaga instead emerged high above the crowd in a mirrorball catsuit, keytar in hand, and descended from the sky performing her high octane 2008 smash “Just Dance.”

The spectacle of Gaga gliding through the air was jaw-dropping, but also exactly why the A Star is Born actress is deserving of her spot in pop culture hierarchy. From there, Gaga exploded into raucous performances of “Poker Face” and “LoveGame” as she graced the futuristic stage set flanked by dancers adorned in metallic outfits.

“Enigma” is a full theatrical production with an overarching theme of Lady Gaga seeking to find her inner voice in a narrative that is part Wizard of Oz and part Ghost in the Shell as Gaga interacted with an artificial lifeform known as “Enigma” on the oversized screens. “Enigma” may be quite familiar to her fans as it appears to be an updated version of the PetGa character that was used to promote Gaga’s 2013 ARTPOP album.

The interactions between the two were campy but Enigma served as a tour guide of sorts as Gaga sought to find her way out of this simulation she’s trapped in by finding her inner voice. It’s ridiculous in an affectionate way but also on par with Gaga’s performance art style.

After a brief introduction, Gaga tore through fan favorites including “The Fame,” “Applause,” “Paparazzi,” “Judas,” and “Government Hooker” while barking expletive-laced directions to the crowd (“Get the f--k up! Get up and f-----g dance!”). But the spectacle of these performances was worth every dollar (tickets on the secondary market went for no less than $600 for general admission prior to showtime).

From Gaga commandeering a giant robot while performing “Scheiße” and flying over the crowd in an escape pod for “Paparazzi” to her hunched over behind a piano with metallic wings sprouting from its base on “Million Reasons,” the set pieces were just as grandiose and over-the-top as the performances themselves.

And the outfits (oh, the outfits!) were outrageously unique. With her longtime fashion collaborator Nicola Formichetti and her sister Natali Germanotta joining forces, the duo spawned a number of creative looks --ranging from florescent and leather to a body suit with flashing LED lights and a nude-colored unitard-- for Gaga, the dancers and her band that would have made David Bowie proud. Speaking of, Gaga’s cover of Bowie and Nine Inch Nails’ "I’m Afraid of Americans” was magnificent and felt incredibly appropriate for this show.

As over-the-top as the show was, it was the more somber moments that stood out and gave insight to her separate Vegas show titled “Lady Gaga Jazz & Piano,” which will feature stripped down versions of Gaga’s hits. With Gaga’s journey to finding her inner voice coming to a close, the singer got behind the piano for her first public performance of “Shallow.”

The futurama and metallic glitz gave way to real passion as Gaga wore her emotions on her sleeve before delivering the stirring performance of the hit song from A Star Is Born.

“For a really long time I felt so misunderstood about the way I dressed, the way I talked, my attitude,” she said, dressed only in an oversized vintage Lady Gaga t-shirt. “They thought it was shallow. I’m so proud to be this far, but the truth is, you gave birth to me.”

As she closed the first of her 26 dates to a rousing ovation, it was obvious that Gaga was more than comfortable on the Vegas stage where many all-time greats cut their teeth. Simply put, she was born to do this.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... ght-review

Comment

• croatiaxtina
                                    Legend
                                    • 09 Sep 2009

I miss Venus and Do What You Want!
                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• MonkeyLover21
                                      Manager
                                      • 21 Sep 2013

I wish I could afford tickets to see her
                                      The winds might blow through me
                                      But I don't care

Comment

• GetBack
                                        Legend
                                        • 11 Jun 2010

Hope she takes this worldwide!

Comment

• spiritboy
                                          Legend
                                          • 11 Jan 2004

Maybe she'll do like Céline Dion and tour other continents while on break from Vegas?
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...