Mariah Carey - The #1's Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GetBack
    She needs to cater to as many fans as possible by letting them know that she is still around.
    She’s been doing that since 2014. She’s toured the world. And she’s about to do the same again.

And just for the people like Ewok who claimed the Oz shows were cancelled cause the ticket sales were poor, they were cancelled as Mariah is launching her album’s lead single, performing at the AMA’s. So it was a scheduling conflict.

Originally posted by Tirano
    Is there any chance for South American dates? :-?
    There are mutterings of a world tour to support the new album so I do think she might try to go to South America especially after what happened the last time.

Comment

When it's actually a "scheduling" issue artists tend to reschedule. You just have to look at the numbers Stevvy provided above to realise her fan base isn't what it used to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15
        When it's actually a "scheduling" issue artists tend to reschedule. You just have to look at the numbers Stevvy provided above to realise her fan base isn't what it used to be here.
        The likelihood is she’ll reschedule when a world tour is announced to support the new album. Keep reaching though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eamon
          Originally posted by Ewokguy15
          The likelihood is she’ll reschedule when a world tour is announced to support the new album. Keep reaching though.
          Reaching?

Guess we will see.

Comment

Re: Mariah Carey - The #1's Tour

Didn't she win the lawsuit (or something else, don't know the exact term) versus promoters in South America?

But she should visit there to win her fans back, whether it's not her fault or not, tour cancellations always leave a bitter taste in fans mouths.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Maybe the finalized (and now canceled) Aussie dates were still booked from the time she was still with Stella? Only she or her management can shed light to that issue.

Comment

This is it! The Queen has arrived!

[youtube:1mczfpu8]4BpEIVxMBFQ[/youtube:1mczfpu8]

Comment

I'm glad she is touring Asia. Who cares about the other side where her team canceled twice?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTheDopeToast
                    I'm glad she is touring Asia. Who cares about the other side where her team canceled twice?
                    You mean South America? Most of artists get their biggest box office gross from South America, Brazil especially. I'd say they are as loyal as Asian fanbases.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy
                      You mean South America? Most of artists get their biggest box office gross from South America, Brazil especially. I'd say they are as loyal as Asian fanbases.
                      Oceania. It was unfortunate for SA though. She has to at least make an effort to tour Brazil.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy
                        Oceania. It was unfortunate for SA though. She has to at least make an effort to tour Brazil.
                        Yeah, Brazil stans hard for their faves and they are very loyal. Actually most Latin American fanbases are loyal. Mariah just needs to make them happy.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

If I were to recall my very first memory of Mariah, it would be in 1992, that would be 26 years ago! I still cannot believe I was experiencing such a moment like that. She was also attempting to sing the old hits the way she used to perform it, she was seriously determined to put a great show for the fans.

I still cannot believe I saw her live and up close last night. She was so happy and confident. I enjoyed her presence, she was so gracious to the fans, she was so comfortable and she had so much stage presence. Videos don't give justice to how she connects to her audience.

I was so impressed with the simple production for the show. She looked so respectable and classy. The campy days of having her lifted by her dancers in a sofa or those ridiculous moments where she has her legs accentuated by her dancers with her comedic poses are gone.

One thing that I observed is that she is more passionate in performing now more than ever, the focus was on her vocals, as much as she looked glamorous and dolled up for the show. She even asked permission if she can have her glam team fix her on stage, since she got caught in traffic and wanted to get the show started sooner.

I was so happy with the set list. I didn't look at the set list from previous Asian shows since I wanted to be surprised with the order. I was shocked that she did the big vocal songs one after the other, it was a perfect set list for a casual fan. The song that didn't stand out as much was the "Love Hangover/Heartbreaker" medley, I feel like it was the only song people weren't that crazy about, it should have been replaced by a more recent single ("Obsessed" would have been great since there was no song off Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel that was performed).

"With You" translated well live, I have already grown to love the song after listening to it many times, but it was even better in the concert. There were lots of lambs singing along to it. The fan opportunity to hang out with Mariah was also a special moment. Mariah has many die-hard fans, it's great that this part is brought back again.

The concert ended after one hour, it was such a short show but considering how she belted her biggest hits one after the other, it was enough and it was worth it.

Manila Set List:
                          01. Fly Away/Butterfly Reprise (Intro)
                          02. Honey
                          03. Shake It Off
                          04. Make It Happen
                          05. Sweetheart/Loverboy/Dreamlover (performed by the dancers and background vocalists only)
                          06. Fantasy (Bad Boy Fantasy Remix)
                          07. Always Be My Baby
                          08. Vision of Love
                          09. Emotions
                          10. Band Introduction (by Trey Lorenz)
                          11. #Beautiful
                          12. One Sweet Day
                          13. Can't Let Go (Fan-voted song for the concert)
                          14. With You
                          15. My All
                          16. Migrate/I'm That Chick (performed by the dancers and background vocalists only)
                          17. It's Like That
                          18. Love Hangover/Heartbreaker
                          19. Touch My Body (Fan moment)
                          20. We Belong Together
                          21. We Belong Together (Remix) (Outro)
                          22. Hero (Encore)

Comment

Pleased you had fun!

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                              If I were to recall my very first memory of Mariah, it would be in 1992, that would be 26 years ago! I still cannot believe I was experiencing such a moment like that. She was also attempting to sing the old hits the way she used to perform it, she was seriously determined to put a great show for the fans.

I still cannot believe I saw her live and up close last night. She was so happy and confident. I enjoyed her presence, she was so gracious to the fans, she was so comfortable and she had so much stage presence. Videos don't give justice to how she connects to her audience.

I was so impressed with the simple production for the show. She looked so respectable and classy. The campy days of having her lifted by her dancers in a sofa or those ridiculous moments where she has her legs accentuated by her dancers with her comedic poses are gone.

One thing that I observed is that she is more passionate in performing now more than ever, the focus was on her vocals, as much as she looked glamorous and dolled up for the show. She even asked permission if she can have her glam team fix her on stage, since she got caught in traffic and wanted to get the show started sooner.

I was so happy with the set list. I didn't look at the set list from previous Asian shows since I wanted to be surprised with the order. I was shocked that she did the big vocal songs one after the other, it was a perfect set list for a casual fan. The song that didn't stand out as much was the "Love Hangover/Heartbreaker" medley, I feel like it was the only song people weren't that crazy about, it should have been replaced by a more recent single ("Obsessed" would have been great since there was no song off Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel that was performed).

"With You" translated well live, I have already grown to love the song after listening to it many times, but it was even better in the concert. There were lots of lambs singing along to it. The fan opportunity to hang out with Mariah was also a special moment. Mariah has many die-hard fans, it's great that this part is brought back again.

The concert ended after one hour, it was such a short show but considering how she belted her biggest hits one after the other, it was enough and it was worth it.

Manila Set List:
                              01. Fly Away/Butterfly Reprise (Intro)
                              02. Honey
                              03. Shake It Off
                              04. Make It Happen
                              05. Sweetheart/Loverboy/Dreamlover (performed by the dancers and background vocalists only)
                              06. Fantasy (Bad Boy Fantasy Remix)
                              07. Always Be My Baby
                              08. Vision of Love
                              09. Emotions
                              10. Band Introduction (by Trey Lorenz)
                              11. #Beautiful
                              12. One Sweet Day
                              13. Can't Let Go (Fan-voted song for the concert)
                              14. With You
                              15. My All
                              16. Migrate/I'm That Chick (performed by the dancers and background vocalists only)
                              17. It's Like That
                              18. Love Hangover/Heartbreaker
                              19. Touch My Body (Fan moment)
                              20. We Belong Together
                              21. We Belong Together (Remix) (Outro)
                              22. Hero (Encore)
                              I think we can all agree she doesn't need those campy stuffs. You sure had a great night!

Comment

I attended the show as well. It was my second Mariah concert (1st being the Charmbracelet Tour in 03).

I enjoyed it considering how stressed I was at work few hours before the show. But it's kind of sad tho that almost half of the venue was empty. The same happened in the TECS Tour in 14. And she didn't occupy the entire coliseum. Philippines has always been her market, but it doesn't always reflect in her concerts.
                                "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                                - Time

Comment

The venue was not half empty, it wasn't a 100% sold out show but there were a lot of people there.

Comment

The venue was not half empty, it wasn't a 100% sold out show but there were a lot of people there.

Comment

Looked pretty decent to me (not 100% sold out but mostly full):

I believe that was the Manilla show?

Hopefully we'll get some boxscores soon!

Comment

There one stable in all of her career over the past 20 years... it is the devotion by the Phillippines. It all started with Through The Rain and it lasted ever since. I love it.

But Mariah should really also consider touring in Brazil and Argentina. Brazil especially is a very loyal market for her.
                                        My Chart

Comment

It probably depends on where you're seated I guess. In my section, the view of the crowd was kind of underwhelming.

But anyway it was a fun show, albeit very short. She looked smokin'!
                                          "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                                          - Time

Comment

Having a No 1 hit in Brazil for 27 consecutive weeks, a cover of I Want To Know What Love Is, which is extremely difficult to get, not everybody has that.

She needs to TOUR BRAZIL.

Comment

Those seats clearly not for sale... Did you not realize the seats were covered in the middle tier and also the seats above that section were not for sales according to the concert's seat plan. Thus, it's around 90% attendances in Philippines show.

Comment

Working...
                                              X