Britney Spears - Domination [Postponed]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by menime123
    I wonder if urban, street and hip-hop is an indication on the next album direction too....
    I doubt it. Britney will always be so pop-ish even when she tries not to be . . . .
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix
      I wonder if urban, street and hip-hop is an indication on the next album direction too....
      I doubt it. Britney will always be so pop-ish even when she tries not to be . . . .

Clearly I mean pop with those influences. She’s not exactly a genre junkie is she
      M08T10

Comment

Clearly I mean pop with those influences. She’s not exactly a genre junkie is she
        Exactly.

She likes to experiment with several genres when she has the chance to do it but in a very subtle way by still keeping the super Pop production nature on first place.

I think "In The Zone" will always remain her most urban and experimental album. She did play with some new genres for "Glory" such as Latin music ("Change Your Mind"), Reggae ("Slumber Party"), Country / Folk ("Just Like Me"), Soul ("What You Need"), Ska ("Love Me Down"), etc. but still all canalized under a very Pop production.

Britney is the most "Pop" artist you can find in the music business.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

During her peak years, I thought that going full urban would have made her career more exciting, especially since "Slave", "Boys" and "Outrageous" were great song that she was able to pull off. Looking back, those songs are barely even known and remembered and she would have probably been abandoned by the fickle urban community if she had continuously pushed for the urban sound. Having witnessed the tour live, the people are really here for her pop songs.

Comment

GRAMMY AWARDS: Britney Spears Announces New Las Vegas 'Domination' In 2019

The GRAMMY-winning popstar announced she will return to Sin City for a new residency in 2019, after taking it over with almost 250 shows from 2013-2017

The eternal pop princess Britney Spears is ready to take over Las Vegas again, over a year since her wildly popular four year long Piece of Me residency ended in December 2017. On Oct. 18 she announced her Domination Vegas residency, beginning February 2019 at the new Park Theater.

In true Britney fashion, there was plenty of hype and fanfare around the official announcement, stoking fans' excitement with a "pre-announcement" last week on the Ellen Show, where she told host Ellen DeGeneres: "My announcement is actually that I have an announcement." This lead to a livestream from Las Vegas on DeGeneres' YouTube channel yesterday that involved a 22-minute buildup complete with a hype guy, adoring fans and Britney songs blasting before Spears herself appeared onstage as the Domination announcement was projected on the building behind her. It appears that the city is ready to "Work B**ch" to the popstar's blowout performances yet again.

Spears' first Las Vegas residency, Piece of Me at Planet Hollywood, began in 2013 and was originally set as a 50-show, two-year venture, but she ended up doing 248 performances, culminating on Dec. 31, 2017 and racking in $137.7 million in ticket sales.

While Las Vegas has been a vacation/party/show destination for years, as Variety states, "[The Piece of Me] show helped rebrand the city as a music destination as scores of tourists were able to take in hits like '…Baby One More Time,' 'Toxic' and 'Oops!... I did It Again' in an environment offering VIP services and top-notch stage production."

While she is not first artist to do a Las Vegas residency—Celine Dion has been doing it for years—following the show's launch in 2013, the floodgates opened for residencies from big-name artists, including Mariah Carey, Ricky Martin, Aerosmith, Jennifer Lopez and Gwen Stefani, and the city is now a bigger music destination.

What songs do you want to hear Spears perform during her Domination shows? Is it her breakout GRAMMY-nominated single "…Baby One More Time," the sexy dance-pop "Toxic," which she took home Best Dance Recording for at the 47th GRAMMY Awards, the assertive dancefloor banger "Work B**ch," the sultry "Slumber Party" from her last album Glory, featuring R&B songstress Tinashe, or one of her many other pop classics?

Spears kicks-off her Domination on Feb. 13, 2019, with dates currently scheduled until August. Tickets go on sale Oct. 26 via Ticketmaster.
            Source: https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news/bri ... ation-2019

Comment

Re: Britney Spears - Domination (Las Vegas Residency)

I really hope she performs My Prerogative.
              ? Girls' Generation ?
              ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

[tweet:2abxluvl]https://twitter.com/emailmypussy/status/1055883504574173184[/tweet:2abxluvl]

Official commercial!

Comment

She needs to perform these songs:

My Prerogative
                  From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
                  Overprotected
                  I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman
                  Born to Make You Happy

The last four songs are fan favorites she has never performed in the last 10-15 years.

Comment

Y’all know what we got last time she started a residency : Britney Jean

I hope this time around it won’t be a rushed album..

Comment

I think she is in a much better place now musically.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                        I think she is in a much better place now musically.
                        Totally. "Glory" was a huge step up.

BTW. . . I don't think she'll ever perform "My Prerogative", "Overprotected" or "I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman" . . So I wouldn't expect those songs on the set list.

I miss the days when she turned some classics like "Oops I Did It Again", "Stronger", "Crazy" etc into Rock songs for her concerts (like she did most notably on her Dream Within A Dream Tour and some notable live performances). Hope she brings the Rock feeling back.

Also "Womanizer", "Baby One More Time", "Toxic" and "Slave" are essential and will pretty much be on the set list. I think she'll include "Work Bitch", "Gimme More" and "Piece Of Me" again.

I also think there will be a couple new songs on the set list.

Comment

How is it selling now that tickets are available? Can we find out?

Comment

All of the shows have many tickets left. You can see this on ticketmaster. Im not really surprised though. She willl sell out though as the shows get closer. Hopefully some promo in January or something.

My hope is that there is one outfit with pants. I know it wont happen though.

Comment

Hopefully she performs "Hold It Against Me" for the first time since 2011

Comment

She really needs to bring out the songs she has not performed. "Hold It Against Me" has been ignored for quite a while now. Some of her other old hits have been left out as well. Also, "Boys" needs to retire. It's always there!

I really hope (well, this most likely won't happen) that she plays the piano again. She did it for the Onyx Hotel Tour with "Everytime". A live segment would be nice too. She suddenly performed an actual live song recently and she did well. If she wants to do covers, the management should allow her, she was obviously a lot more passionate with that live country performance. She even talked to the audience longer than usual.

Comment

Didnt britney not even play the piano during the Onyx Hotel Tour? I thought i read it was fake. Also i dont mind Boys in the setlist but not a terrible remix like POM and the choreography has to actually be good. The original was just so great that anything else is dissapointing.

Comment

Not sure why people want to see Britney do songs like I'm Not A Girl, Broken Heart and Born To Make You Happy on tour . . . she isn't going to sing them live and lipping to ballads is not a good look!!!

She will stick with the fast paced songs so she can say the reason she lip syncs is due to the "dance" routines.

Comment

I think "Boys" should be left aside for good this time. It's been on every tour / show she's done since 2001 LOL

She hasn't performed the following singles in YEARS:

- From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart (last time performed in 2000)
                                      - Sometimes (last time performed in 2002)
                                      - Born To Make You Happy (last time performed in 2002)
                                      - I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman (last time performed in 2002)
                                      - Overprotected (last time performed in 2004)
                                      - Outrageous (last time performed in 2004)
                                      - Radar (last time performed in 2009)
                                      - Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know (last time performed in 2011)
                                      - Hold It Against Me (last time performed in 2011)
                                      - S&M Remix (last time performed in 2011)

She has never performed:

- My Prerogative
                                      - Someday (I Will Understand)
                                      - Criminal
                                      - Scream & Shout
                                      - Ooh La La

Out of the songs she hasn't performed in years "Hold It Against Me" is the only one I can see her picking up again . . . as for the ones she never performed, they will likely remain the same without a performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15
                                        Not sure why people want to see Britney do songs like I'm Not A Girl, Broken Heart and Born To Make You Happy on tour . . . she isn't going to sing them live and lipping to ballads is not a good look!!!

She will stick with the fast paced songs so she can say the reason she lip syncs is due to the "dance" routines.
                                        Sorry to burst your bubble but she indirectly admits that she has lip synched but she followed it by doing an actual 100% live performance.

[youtube:2wpugqv1]lHfB0s18MKM[/youtube:2wpugqv1]

Comment

^^^^^

When she says that holding a microphone in her hand feels illegal . . . I really liked that performance.

--

For the slower songs I think she could just rework them like she did here:

[youtube:yaf6cbbo]JQsYfRNTmsM[/youtube:yaf6cbbo]

Comment

I honestly hope she's not gonna do slow songs. Even Everytime felt out of place during POM. It kinda stopped the show.
                                            ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                                              Originally posted by Ewokguy15

Sorry to burst your bubble but she indirectly admits that she has lip synched but she followed it by doing an actual 100% live performance.
                                              Indirectly means she hasn’t admitted it in case you weren’t aware.

I respect that live performance, even though she sounds terrible, at least she’s trying!

Comment

I can’t at all of you wishing she’d do Sometimes again
                                                She hates that song.

Comment

She honestly should do My Prerogative. She just released a fragrance with the same name for crying out loud. Or did she just forget about the song?
                                                  ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove
                                                    She hates that song.
                                                    We dont know if she hates it for real. On the OHT she said the same thing every show so it could have just been scripted as a funny joke. Also its been 14 years since then and people tastes change.

Comment

Okay y'all stop saying she should perform INAGNYAW. She will be 37 this year lmfao. And she's obviously not going to perform "Overprotected" so you can cross that off your list as well.

Add Hold It Against Me, My Prerogative and Hot As Ice (just for the "living legend" line ) and I'm happy.

Also, I agree that it's time for "Boys" to go. I mean the song wasn't even an immense hit back then lol.
                                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

She hates that song.
                                                        I don't think people are wishing for her to perform that song. I saw her fans demanding "Overprotected" and "My Prerogative" but not "Sometimes" really.

Originally posted by Angeman
                                                        She hates that song.
                                                        We dont know if she hates it for real. On the OHT she said the same thing every show so it could have just been scripted as a funny joke. Also its been 14 years since then and people tastes change.
                                                        It wasn't just at the Onyx Hotel Tour .... Actually years after that tour she kept saying she disliked "Sometimes" several times on interview, I think she even said it again in 2016.

She just doesn't like it.

Originally posted by JeremySpears
                                                        Okay y'all stop saying she should perform INAGNYAW. She will be 37 this year lmfao. And she's obviously not going to perform "Overprotected" so you can cross that off your list as well.
                                                        I agree, she won't likely ever perform those songs again because of the lyrics, they are very specific coming of age songs and once past 21 y.o it's pointless and doesn't make sense to perform them anymore.

Comment

She should do something like Kylie did a couple of years ago where she performed only songs that she had either never performed or not performed in a long time. She should let fans vote.
                                                          ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                                            She should do something like Kylie did a couple of years ago where she performed only songs that she had either never performed or not performed in a long time. She should let fans vote.
                                                            Britney will never do an Anti-Tour in Vegas

As long as she’s miming, I see no reason why she can’t sing Overprotected or INAGNYAW.
                                                            M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                                              Britney will never do an Anti-Tour in Vegas

As long as she’s miming, I see no reason why she can’t sing Overprotected or INAGNYAW.
                                                              Of course not in Vegas, but some day she should do something like that.
                                                              ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

Working...
                                                              X