Mariah Carey - The Caution World Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    I'd rather she release it on Netflix. That way more people will watch the show.
    I agree. I have no idea what MelodyVR is but knowing Mariah she WOULD release something on an abstract platform like that.

Comment

• Today is the show that I couldn’t get tickets for.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Bish is whistling for her dear life

Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Was Mariah a victim of scammers here in Hamburg who bought tickets to try to re-sell them? Because I told y’all that I was so sad that I couldn’t get tickets and I was impressed by the fact that the show sold so fast but a friend of mine who went said it wasn’t full at all and the press writes that only 3,500 people were there??? Wtf??

The link to the article btw:
          https://www.abendblatt.de/kultur-liv...en-warten.html
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Mariah Carey - Caution Tour - Amsterdam

I had such a great time. Shame I didn't see [MENTION=25744]Noahh[/MENTION] nor [MENTION=41659]chilled[/MENTION]. Were you there [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION]?

Me and my husband went early so we could have something to eat near the Ziggo Dome. We met up with some other lambs and had something to eat and drink and some fun already, taking funny pictures with pink-yet-lavender cat ears.

Next we went to the Ziggo Dome. In front there was this radio crew. They were recording for Radio 3 (a popular radio station here). They asked fans to sing All I Want For Christmas Is You. They gave you a banner (of the radio show) in return. I asked for a banner to give to the kids I teach. They promised me three banners if I'd sing. So I did. (The next day: the kids in my class were delighted with the banners, I wished I had asked for more. And a colleague told me she had heard me sing that morning on the radio... And there was me thinking nobody would recognize my voice! ) But they were very strict at the gate. Security wanted to take away my banners, but luckily in the end they let me keep them.

Before the show started I was running around, meeting up with other lambs. Some of my friends had front row seats, right in the middle. They were very lucky. One of them had a sign saying it was her birthday and Mariah mentioned her in the show! Another friend had a sign asking for a hug, he was also mentioned. And a third friend had a sign asking for Close My Eyes and Mariah sang a snippet! They had also arranged for ballons with lights in it. We held them high when Mariah sang Hero. Such a great sight. Mariah must have loved it.

There was also a guy all alone on the front row who came all the way from Israel. The lenghts lambs go!

The concert was great. Mariah sang my favorite song: Vision Of Love. She was in a good mood, her voice was in great shape, Roc & Roe came up to the stage during Always Be My Baby.

It was such a great night to look back to.

Setlist Amsterdam:
            - A No No
            - Dreamlover
            - You Don't Know What To Do
            - Emotions
            - Anytime You Need A Friend
            - Can't Take That Away (Dance Mix)
            - Fantasy (Dance Mix/Bad Boy Remix)
            - One Sweet Day (with Trey Lorenz & Daniel Moore)
            - Always Be My Baby
            - Caution
            - Stay Long Love You
            - My All
            - Vision Of Love
            - Never Too Far
            - Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
            - Didn't Mean To Turn You On
            - Loverboy
            - Heartbreaker
            - Touch My Body
            - Close My Eyes
            - We Belong Together
            - Hero
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
              She could do what Kelly Clarkson has just announced. The full concert on VR with MelodyVR. I think it's a really interesting idea. It's not compatable with my phone or my partners Samsung s10 plus but hopefully l find a way to watch. It would work in Mariahs favour. People wouldn't buy a dvd but I think they'd stream it
              That would be impossible. Of course, she is going to dub the whole thing before she releases professionally shot footage, and she has to be vocally in shape to do that. I love her current tone for the 2018-2019 tours, but the experience (at least to me) is destroyed when the sound you hear is something that is dubbed over (despite sounding so good). I'd rather hear her voice crack live (just like in the Billboard medley performance) than hear her flawless recording dubbed over vocals.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                That would be impossible. Of course, she is going to dub the whole thing before she releases professionally shot footage, and she has to be vocally in shape to do that. I love her current tone for the 2018-2019 tours, but the experience (at least to me) is destroyed when the sound you hear is something that is dubbed over (despite sounding so good). I'd rather hear her voice crack live (just like in the Billboard medley performance) than hear her flawless recording dubbed over vocals.
                Well she didn't crack once during the two shows I attended and was in impeccable vocal shape. If she wants to dub some parts, like most acts do, big issue. It's common practice but she wouldn't need to given how great her voice was during the European leg of the tour.

Performing on TV is a different ballgame for Mariah and you know that as well as anyone. So it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Comment

• All the artists edit or dub their dvds but OK.

I'd love if she would do another Albert Royal Hall residency with no more dates in Europe. Like 5 days in a row. I've been to 11 concerts and that was the best, she was gleaming and very into it (the venue is amazing). This tour has been amazing, I wish she does a pt 2 for Asia, Australia and South America

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                    Well she didn't crack once during the two shows I attended and was in impeccable vocal shape. If she wants to dub some parts, like most acts do, big issue. It's common practice but she wouldn't need to given how great her voice was during the European leg of the tour.

Performing on TV is a different ballgame for Mariah and you know that as well as anyone. So it's like comparing apples and oranges.
                    A lot of the vocals you heard at those shows were lipped.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      A lot of the vocals you heard at those shows were lipped.
                      No shit Sherlock. I know every line that’s live and lipped. But plenty of her show is live and she was in great voice.

Comment

No shit Sherlock. I know every line that’s live and lipped. But plenty of her show is live and she was in great voice.
                        Well it is rather easy to be in great voice when you are only singing the verse of Caution live, yet cannot take a stab at the slightly high adlibs at the end without resorting to lipping them.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous
                          Well it is rather easy to be in great voice when you are only singing the verse of Caution live, yet cannot take a stab at the slightly high adlibs at the end without resorting to lipping them.
                          She does plenty live singing at her shows. Why don’t you go and criticize Celine or Beyoncé or your new found fave, Madonna for lipping parts of their shows?

Seen as you were band from one Mariah topic, you’ve resorted to spewing your agenda in The Random Thoughts Thread and now here. Get a life hunni. Your tired trolling is very outdated.

Comment

Seen as you were band from one Mariah topic, you’ve resorted to spewing your agenda in The Random Thoughts Thread and now here. Get a life hunni. Your tired trolling is very outdated.
                            InFamous wants a full bann obviously.
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

She does plenty live singing at her shows. Why don’t you go and criticize Celine or Beyoncé or your new found fave, Madonna for lipping parts of their shows?

Madonna has never lipped in her life.

Comment

Don't bring up Madonna here and get her dragged. Of course she lips most of her songs which need choreo.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                  Don't bring up Madonna here and get her dragged. Of course she lips most of her songs which need choreo.
                                  I didn't mention her first.

Comment

• Thirsty bishes... eww

Comment

Lots of lipping on MDNA and RH tours...
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                        Lots of lipping on MDNA and RH tours...
                                        Not really, she sings along to a backtrack. You can always hear her voice.

Comment

Not really, she sings along to a backtrack. You can always hear her voice.
                                          She's not.
                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Whew chiiiilllleeeeee...
                                            Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Did you really just say that?
                                              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Just another 14 days to go till the last date of Caution world tour.

Wished that she had explored more countries ...
                                                She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Was there ever an attendance and box office score for the London shows? Or for the rest of the European leg after Dublin, for that matter?

Comment

• So far only Dublin. Which is way below the 15,000 some lambs said where there lol

Dublin 5,023/5,023 100% sold out

Comment

So far only Dublin. Which is way below the 15,000 some lambs said where there lol

Dublin 5,023/5,023 100% sold out
                                                      OMG I remember there was such an argument over that at the time and people like Eamonn insisting there was well over 10k people and close to 15 there ! . Also it was not sold out. That arena can hold far more than that, it was sectioned off and only a small part was used for her concert.

Comment

OMG I remember there was such an argument over that at the time and people like Eamonn insisting there was well over 10k people and close to 15 there ! . Also it was not sold out. That arena can hold far more than that, it was sectioned off and only a small part was used for her concert.
                                                        Well yes, I meant sold out as in she sold the amount of tickets they released

Comment

Well yes, I meant sold out as in she sold the amount of tickets they released
                                                          Due to demand.

Comment

Working...
                                                          X