Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey - The Caution World Tour

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    She could do what Kelly Clarkson has just announced. The full concert on VR with MelodyVR. I think it's a really interesting idea. It's not compatable with my phone or my partners Samsung s10 plus but hopefully l find a way to watch. It would work in Mariahs favour. People wouldn't buy a dvd but I think they'd stream it
    That would be impossible. Of course, she is going to dub the whole thing before she releases professionally shot footage, and she has to be vocally in shape to do that. I love her current tone for the 2018-2019 tours, but the experience (at least to me) is destroyed when the sound you hear is something that is dubbed over (despite sounding so good). I'd rather hear her voice crack live (just like in the Billboard medley performance) than hear her flawless recording dubbed over vocals.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by GetBack View Post
      That would be impossible. Of course, she is going to dub the whole thing before she releases professionally shot footage, and she has to be vocally in shape to do that. I love her current tone for the 2018-2019 tours, but the experience (at least to me) is destroyed when the sound you hear is something that is dubbed over (despite sounding so good). I'd rather hear her voice crack live (just like in the Billboard medley performance) than hear her flawless recording dubbed over vocals.
      Well she didn't crack once during the two shows I attended and was in impeccable vocal shape. If she wants to dub some parts, like most acts do, big issue. It's common practice but she wouldn't need to given how great her voice was during the European leg of the tour.

      Performing on TV is a different ballgame for Mariah and you know that as well as anyone. So it's like comparing apples and oranges.

      Comment


      • All the artists edit or dub their dvds but OK.

        I'd love if she would do another Albert Royal Hall residency with no more dates in Europe. Like 5 days in a row. I've been to 11 concerts and that was the best, she was gleaming and very into it (the venue is amazing). This tour has been amazing, I wish she does a pt 2 for Asia, Australia and South America

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Eamon View Post
          Well she didn't crack once during the two shows I attended and was in impeccable vocal shape. If she wants to dub some parts, like most acts do, big issue. It's common practice but she wouldn't need to given how great her voice was during the European leg of the tour.

          Performing on TV is a different ballgame for Mariah and you know that as well as anyone. So it's like comparing apples and oranges.
          A lot of the vocals you heard at those shows were lipped.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
            A lot of the vocals you heard at those shows were lipped.
            No shit Sherlock. I know every line that’s live and lipped. But plenty of her show is live and she was in great voice.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Eamon View Post
              No shit Sherlock. I know every line that’s live and lipped. But plenty of her show is live and she was in great voice.
              Well it is rather easy to be in great voice when you are only singing the verse of Caution live, yet cannot take a stab at the slightly high adlibs at the end without resorting to lipping them.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by InFamous
                Well it is rather easy to be in great voice when you are only singing the verse of Caution live, yet cannot take a stab at the slightly high adlibs at the end without resorting to lipping them.
                She does plenty live singing at her shows. Why don’t you go and criticize Celine or Beyoncé or your new found fave, Madonna for lipping parts of their shows?

                Seen as you were band from one Mariah topic, you’ve resorted to spewing your agenda in The Random Thoughts Thread and now here. Get a life hunni. Your tired trolling is very outdated.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Eamon View Post

                  Seen as you were band from one Mariah topic, you’ve resorted to spewing your agenda in The Random Thoughts Thread and now here. Get a life hunni. Your tired trolling is very outdated.
                  InFamous wants a full bann obviously.
                  My Instagram... - Click here

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                    She does plenty live singing at her shows. Why don’t you go and criticize Celine or Beyoncé or your new found fave, Madonna for lipping parts of their shows?

                    Seen as you were band from one Mariah topic, you’ve resorted to spewing your agenda in The Random Thoughts Thread and now here. Get a life hunni. Your tired trolling is very outdated.
                    Madonna has never lipped in her life.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      Madonna has never lipped in her life.
                      Don't bring up Madonna here and get her dragged. Of course she lips most of her songs which need choreo.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        Don't bring up Madonna here and get her dragged. Of course she lips most of her songs which need choreo.
                        I didn't mention her first.

                        Comment


                        • Thirsty bishes... eww

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                            Madonna has never lipped in her life.
                            Lots of lipping on MDNA and RH tours...
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                            .

                            Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                              Lots of lipping on MDNA and RH tours...
                              Not really, she sings along to a backtrack. You can always hear her voice.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                Not really, she sings along to a backtrack. You can always hear her voice.
                                She's not.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                .

                                Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                  Madonna has never lipped in her life.
                                  Whew chiiiilllleeeeee...
                                  Originally posted by snoh aalegra


                                  - Ugh, those feels again

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    Madonna has never lipped in her life.
                                    Did you really just say that?
                                    Love you like a love song!

                                    Comment


                                    • Just another 14 days to go till the last date of Caution world tour.

                                      Wished that she had explored more countries ...
                                      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

                                      Comment


                                      • Was there ever an attendance and box office score for the London shows? Or for the rest of the European leg after Dublin, for that matter?

                                        Comment


                                        • So far only Dublin. Which is way below the 15,000 some lambs said where there lol

                                          Dublin 5,023/5,023 100% sold out
                                          Love you like a love song!

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                            So far only Dublin. Which is way below the 15,000 some lambs said where there lol

                                            Dublin 5,023/5,023 100% sold out
                                            OMG I remember there was such an argument over that at the time and people like Eamonn insisting there was well over 10k people and close to 15 there ! . Also it was not sold out. That arena can hold far more than that, it was sectioned off and only a small part was used for her concert.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                              OMG I remember there was such an argument over that at the time and people like Eamonn insisting there was well over 10k people and close to 15 there ! . Also it was not sold out. That arena can hold far more than that, it was sectioned off and only a small part was used for her concert.
                                              Well yes, I meant sold out as in she sold the amount of tickets they released
                                              Love you like a love song!

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                                Well yes, I meant sold out as in she sold the amount of tickets they released
                                                Due to demand.

                                                Comment

                                                Working...
                                                X