Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    No such thing as bad press!

yes she’s doing a residency, but it’s 16 shows across multiple months with a huge gap in the middle. This isn’t a Britney or Celine commitment. My guess is that money talks and for a handful of shows it works for her. 16 shows is nothing and I feel like the concept of a residency is hugely diluted when 16 dates across 6 months in the same venue is considered one.
    Don't fool yourself, the only reason they scheduled 16 dates is because no one is sure about her long-term demand, one thing is a tour and another different thing is staying performing in one same venue for long time while making it sustainable over time, at this point no one knows if she would be able to fill so many shows like Celine, she's not even using the full capacity of the Axis, she started modestly and If the 16 dates sell well then they will likely add more dates and a new batch of tickets
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

I’m not fooling myself. I’m taking it at face value. If they really didn’t know her value in Vegas they’d have just done the first few shows and not the longer second leg (which it basically is).

I don’t believe she has any interest in remaining in Vegas for years or doing 100s of shows there. She’s just completed a US tour so if anything she’s literally just de-valued herself as a Vegas act.

I genuinely think this will be a show designed for the international market and potentially this is the US leg. An international tour needs to be a greatest hits show at this point anyway.
      M08T10

Comment

I genuinely think this will be a show designed for the international market and potentially this is the US leg. An international tour needs to be a greatest hits show at this point anyway.
        That's not a new thing tho . . . That's how modern-day Vegas shows work, set the blueprint of the show in Vegas and then make the show global and take it on tour to other continents. (The show needs to be a huge success in Vegas first in order to advance to stage II tho).
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
          That's not a new thing tho . . . That's how modern-day Vegas shows work, set the blueprint of the show in Vegas and then make the show global and take it on tour to other continents. (The show needs to be a huge success in Vegas first in order to advance to stage II tho).
          A show not selling in Vegas is no indication of ticket sales in Europe or Asia. You miss my point though - I don’t think this show is being developed for Vegas in the same way Celine, Elton or Cher do. Rather, Vegas is just a stop in a larger project.

Maybe I’m wrong and she’ll do 1000 shows. I mean Britney only put 16 shows on sale initially too. I just hope there’s a new album to go with it.
          M08T10

Comment

A show not selling in Vegas is no indication of ticket sales in Europe or Asia. You miss my point though - I don’t think this show is being developed for Vegas in the same way Celine, Elton or Cher do. Rather, Vegas is just a stop in a larger project.
            Yeah. Selling in Vegas has nothing to do with selling in Europe or Asia or Australia or South America. Kind of a whacked idea that there's corellation - if you can sell out Vegas, you can do an international tour. Like WTF
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Maybe I’m wrong and she’ll do 1000 shows. I mean Britney only put 16 shows on sale initially too. I just hope there’s a new album to go with it.
              Who knows. If Xtina did sit down in a chair during 5 years for The Voice then for sure she may keep doing more Vegas shows if there's the demand and success for it.

Originally posted by beredy View Post
              Yeah. Selling in Vegas has nothing to do with selling in Europe or Asia or Australia or South America. Kind of a whacked idea that there's corellation - if you can sell out Vegas, you can do an international tour. Like WTF
              It's not that the sales will be related to sales in other continents. But if you're planning to take your Vegas show to other continents it does help a lot to have a successful show in Vegas first because that generates lots of buzz and positive feedback in the global press which does creates the hype and constructs the foundations by the time the artist announces the international version of the show. For some strange reason Vegas shows get tons of press globally (so get used to see lots of promo, articles, interviews by Xtina and the show from now on, LOTS of articles will come before, during and after the show, trust me). If the show is successful media will pick that up inmediately and that will generate a new restored profile as a performer for Xtina, that'd be the perfect time for the artist to advance to stage II and convert the show into a global tour visiting other continents.

Comment

You act like we are all 12 year old newbies fans of an artist that has never toured. We know how the game is played lol. Hell, I’ve been on stage with her.
                M08T10

Comment

You act like we are all 12 year old newbies fans of an artist that has never toured. We know how the game is played lol.
                  Well, then you'd know that there's indeed influence for your touring profile if the show is proven successful in Vegas.

Media and press will always keep an eye and there will be constant articles about how the show is doing. If it's successful it'll work in her favour. It's like having an already proven successful show in other market, and then that "famous" show is finally coming to your place, basically 90% guaranteed success.

Britney did amazing in both Europe and Asia and I'm 100% sure it had to do with that "successful reputation" her show first builded in Vegas, without her Vegas success I think she would have performed even worse than Femme Fatale Tour in Europe.

So that whole thing that having success in Vegas and taking the show internationally hasn't a corellation is not entirely true. Xtina could open a huge door for a big international touring potential if she makes a remarkable Vegas show first.

Comment

Britney has a large fan base that lost her to Vegas for 3 years, with a show most fans never thought they’d see until she decided to take it on the road. Britney May be 20 years into her career but she has enough fans that have seen ever major tour since her debut.

Christina has just completed a US tour but hasn’t toured internationally in over a decade. Whether she played Vegas or not, she’d have sold tickets in most major markets.

Personally I think you’re mixing up ‘press exposure’ with a natural demand for tickets for an act. Britney wasn’t constantly in the press for 3 years either - you were exposed to it because you went looking for it and are active in her fan community. I’m sure you haven’t a clue what happened day to day in Celine’s show, for example.

I’m not saying reports won’t happen for Xtina, but there’s very little to read about when a performer is doing a residency or indeed a tour - being online exposes you to all of the press, but most people will only look at news from 1 or 2 outlets that won’t run a story about a residency on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

So when it comes to taking a show on the road, people may have heard about the Vegas show but I’m not convinced anyone is desperate to see it because it sold well in Vegas.

A Vegas show isn’t like a Broadway show that goes on tour and relies on good press, word of mouth and the fact it endured on broadway for years (as a sign of quality). When Britney went global with POM people know who she was and what she would sing - they know her and her music anyway so knowing POM played Vegas for 3 years meant very little.

A Broadway musical usually goes on tour without a star, is usually a completely original score so they need people to take a gamble and give the show a chance without knowing much about it. Look at Hamilton or Wicked - most people know the premise of the show, may know of one or two of the songs and may have caught a performance on TV. But they don’t know what they’re paying for until they sit and watch it.

That’s completely different to a popstars touring their discography.
                    M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

eww wtf does she have on her face
                      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Swarovski. She knows all gays love a bit of sparkle
                        M08T10

Comment

It's not that the sales will be related to sales in other continents. But if you're planning to take your Vegas show to other continents it does help a lot to have a successful show in Vegas first because that generates lots of buzz and positive feedback in the global press which does creates the hype and constructs the foundations by the time the artist announces the international version of the show. For some strange reason Vegas shows get tons of press globally (so get used to see lots of promo, articles, interviews by Xtina and the show from now on, LOTS of articles will come before, during and after the show, trust me). If the show is successful media will pick that up inmediately and that will generate a new restored profile as a performer for Xtina, that'd be the perfect time for the artist to advance to stage II and convert the show into a global tour visiting other continents.
                          Well, then you'd know that there's indeed influence for your touring profile if the show is proven successful in Vegas.

Media and press will always keep an eye and there will be constant articles about how the show is doing. If it's successful it'll work in her favour. It's like having an already proven successful show in other market, and then that "famous" show is finally coming to your place, basically 90% guaranteed success.

Britney did amazing in both Europe and Asia and I'm 100% sure it had to do with that "successful reputation" her show first builded in Vegas, without her Vegas success I think she would have performed even worse than Femme Fatale Tour in Europe.

So that whole thing that having success in Vegas and taking the show internationally hasn't a corellation is not entirely true. Xtina could open a huge door for a big international touring potential if she makes a remarkable Vegas show first.
                          7 years being out from Europe played a much bigger part in Europe than her Vegas stint. Also percentage wise the 2018 Europe tour didn't do THAT much better than FF back in 2011. Both had some sellouts, some iffy shows and some nearly full ones. i think you're giving too much credit to her Vegas run. It was a good run, but there are more than a few spotty % throughout the run. It's more that its overall sum is great than each and every run she had there.

Vegas can help, but it's definitely not a big factor in Europe when it comes to sales. It's about the demand for the artist, popularity, etc. You know, the usual touring stuff.
                          I have received many gifts from God,
                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

7 years being out from Europe played a much bigger part in Europe than her Vegas stint.
                            I agree, this helps a lot but taking a break from touring won't necessarily guarantee you automatic success and sell-outs either and just because, I know of some artists who had not toured for as many or more years than Britney and they didn't have massive success, Janet Jackson is one of the examples. While taking a break does help in increasing hype, other factors are also required to increase your demand. It's a combination of many factors.

Also percentage wise the 2018 Europe tour didn't do THAT much better than FF back in 2011. Both had some sellouts, some iffy shows and some nearly full ones. i think you're giving too much credit to her Vegas run. It was a good run, but there are more than a few spotty % throughout the run. It's more that its overall sum is great than each and every run she had there.
                            This is false tho.

"Femme Fatale Tour" had a mediocre 75% sellout rate in Europe with its reported dates (and 0 sold out shows BTW) . . . "Piece Of Me Tour" had an overall 96% sellout rate in Europe with several sold out shows and some of her biggest European audiences in decades or even ever (in some markets), she even sold out Germany. Like no comparison.

I have all the sources but won't dig that much on that because is irrelevant to this thread. All I can say is that the only thing she did between those two tours was her Vegas Show and that I noticed how it helped her to restore her touring profile.

Vegas can help, but it's definitely not a big factor in Europe when it comes to sales. It's about the demand for the artist, popularity, etc. You know, the usual touring stuff.
                            That's what I was saying, it can help. My point was that if you're planning to do a Vegas show and then taking it overseas it causes a positive influence if it's successful.

However I will clear something, If you're planning to do two different shows, like one Vegas show and then a different tour that has nothing do with it then I agree that there wouldn't be any correlation. I'm only refering to those Vegas shows who are later adapted for a tour.
                            Last edited by MrLeonix; Sun February 3rd, 2019, 22:40.

Comment

She's rumored to take stage with M5 tonight at Super Bowl.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                She's rumored to take stage with M5 tonight at Super Bowl.
                                Nope, didn't happen.

Comment

She already burned bridges with everyone she worked with in The Voice.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                    She already burned bridges with everyone she worked with in The Voice.
                                    None of us know anything about that subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                      None of us know anything about that subject.
                                      Don´t bother Getback has said multiply times he finds Christina disrespectful since ´Sick Of Sittin´ and the quotes where she said the show was not what she thought it would be, what was imo. pretty honest and also valid

Comment

Got tickets for the 7 June show!
                                        Cannot wait to finally see her live.

I've just watched her iHeart Radio mini concert on YouTube and her vocals definitely need to improve, though….
                                        I didn't watch Liberation tour videos on YouTube, so I don't know if she just had a bad night at the iHeart radio or is that the best she can sing now?

Comment

The promo she is doing is quite helping her. The whole donut surprise segment and the part in that interview with Andy where she elaborates her decisions show her personality. Just like what she also mentioned, I think she and her team are checking out the feedback online. A lot of fans have wanted her to sing the old hits and she seems to be bringing those old hits back.

Comment

If she is actually listening to her fans she will play Your Body, everywhere I look that is the main thing people want.

Comment

There is no way she’s ditching Your Body again. I believe it’s finally about to happen lol

Comment

I wouldn't be suprised if she pulls a medley like she did with Bionic for the Liberation tour and performs the AMA medley altered with Lotus Intro, Army Of Me and ends it with a part of Your Body and then goes into Let there Be Love in full

Comment

"I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

She better do this wholeheartedly. She keeps on venturing out doing so many things to further her career but if she treats this the way she did The Voice and shades Vegas, then she's done.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X