Céline Dion - Courage World Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    She should add Asia, Africa, Australia and South American dates to this tour.
    They will I assume, but at a later stage.

The European dates on sale go until September 2020.

If she continues the world tour to other locations, I suppose it would be for end October / November 2020. In such case I suppose tickets would on sale around the release of the album to combine the promotion.

Comment

• Can you believe that her 6 concerts in Paris are sold out and I was not able to get 1 ticket for me?
      Last edited by brunosilva; Wed October 9, 2019, 12:53.
      CELINE DION - THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ARTIST OF THE LAST 25 YEARS

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

• And her other concert in France sold out in 9 min. 55k tickets sold!
        http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Celine...ws-111569.html

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

• Lá Defense Arena is announcing that the 6 concerts sold out in 90 min and that she sold almost 200k tickets!

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

• They'll probably add more dates. The demand for Céline is immense in France, surely they know that and will act accordingly.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by brunosilva View Post
              Can you believe that her 6 concerts in Paris are sold out and I was not able to get 1 ticket for me?
              They are stating that this is a record - this is insanity!

Comment

• 250k tickets in 90 minutes.. that's insane!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                  They are stating that this is a record - this is insanity!
                  I think Mylène Farmer's nine shows still hold the record for most sales in this arena.
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                    I think Mylène Farmer's nine shows still hold the record for most sales in this arena.
                    I think the record is how fast they sold these 6 dates. If Mylene did 9 then she still has the attendance record I guess. Anyway, I'm just pissed I couldn't get a second ticket for the 27th

I'm proud as a fan, but I've seen her in every European tour since 2013 and each time it is harder to get good places or even tickets at all. I wish I was fan of any other diva

Comment

• QUEEN!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                        I think in terms of how quickly the tickets were sold, this is what the arena twitter account itself said:

A truly amazing show of her longevity, her peerless relevance and her status - a true legend.

Comment

• Her performance in France is really something to behold - now, given she hasn't toured the world much during the 21st century, her continued international appeal is incredible. Her biggest countries:

Celine Dion - Country by Country (2003-present)

USA - $705,781,822 - 5,039,989

2003: A New Day...Live in Las Vegas: $387,175,632 - 2,827,423
                          2008: Taking Chances World Tour: $73,093,153 - 692,111
                          2011: Celine: $245,513,037 - 1,520,455

France - $87,602,395 - 539,405

2008: Taking Chances World Tour: $22,829,258 - 112,394
                          2013: Tournée Européenne 2013: $14,876,447 - 73,333
                          2016: Summer Tour 2016: $18,428,542 - 110,052
                          2017: Celine Dion Live 2017: $31,468,148 - 243,626

Canada - $85,121,577 - 679,261

2008: Taking Chances World Tour: $52,244,474 - 414,431
                          2013: Tournée Européenne 2013: $5,670,255 - 41,298
                          2016: Summer Tour 2016: $27,206,848 - 223,532

Australia & New Zealand - $32,227,743 - 159,553

2008: Taking Chances World Tour: $9,858,737 - 50,792
                          2018: Celine Dion Live 2018: $22,369,006 - 108,761

United Kingdom - $29,210,192 - 195,345

2008: Taking Chances World Tour: $12,535,310 - 85,584
                          2017: Celine Dion Live 2018: $16,674,882 - 109,761

255,000 tickets in France at $160 average ticket price is over $40 million, she'll therefore have a touring gross of almost $130m in France from 2008-2020. And that's assuming she doesn't add further dates! She'll also be at +$100m 2008-2020 in Canada. And she itches ever more closer to the $1 billion mark in the US.

Comment

255,000 tickets in France at $160 average ticket price is over $40 million, she'll therefore have a touring gross of almost $130m in France from 2008-2020. And that's assuming she doesn't add further dates! She'll also be at +$100m 2008-2020 in Canada. And she itches ever more closer to the $1 billion mark in the US.
                            Just for clarification regarding France: for the French festival (the one where the 55k tickets were sold in 9 minutes), there was a unique price: 59 EUR / ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critiaslux View Post
                              Just for clarification regarding France: for the French festival (the one where the 55k tickets were sold in 9 minutes), there was a unique price: 59 EUR / ticket.
                              No wonder she sold them out in 9 minutes...

What a bargain!

Still, it's about $35m for the 255,000 tickets.

Comment

• Judging by the fact that her GA is seating and artists like Stones, Pink and Paul did 35k+, they probably released about 30,000 or less per night for the Paris shows. Maybe $5+ million average gross.

Hoping for a $30 million boxscore in France.

Comment

• Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post
                                  Judging by the fact that her GA is seating and artists like Stones, Pink and Paul did 35k+, they probably released about 30,000 or less per night for the Paris shows. Maybe $5+ million average gross.

Hoping for a $30 million boxscore in France.
                                  The venue confirmed “nearly 200,000” tickets have been sold, so that implies around 33,000 per date?

Comment

• Apparently, 3rd Belgium show will be 1st June.

Comment

The venue confirmed “nearly 200,000” tickets have been sold, so that implies around 33,000 per date?
                                      "nearly" is the keyword. It could be 180-190k~.
                                      The seatings always decrease numbers.

Comment

• The exact number was 186,000 in Paris. It's on the news this morning
                                        https://twitter.com/PremiereEdition/...596580864?s=19

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

• So, 31,000 per show - a phenomenal number!

Sorry [MENTION=36591]matheusbelmont[/MENTION] - looks like you had it pegged about right!

Comment

• I am 100% sure this tour has a $300m gross already on lock

Comment

• According to the source code on the ticket website:

28/05/20: 17.067 / 17.167 sold
                                              30/05/20: 17.144 / 17.167 sold

...and already 4.015 / 17.167 on the waiting list for a 3rd show!

Thanks [MENTION=18634]emi[/MENTION]

Comment

• Originally posted by brunosilva View Post
                                                The exact number was 186,000 in Paris. It's on the news this morning
                                                https://twitter.com/PremiereEdition/...596580864?s=19
                                                If it's true, it will be a $22-24 million boxscore in 6 shows.

At this moment, I'm expecting $120 million from the shows outside North America and $165 million in North America, but I'd like to see the first numbers first to make sure of how she will do.

Comment

• Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post
                                                  If it's true, it will be a $22-24 million boxscore in 6 shows.
                                                  I'm always amazed by her larger shows in France - you could see this in her 2017 shows, her stadium/larger arena shows had almost a $50 lower average ticket price $164 vs $114/$117).

Charge more Celine!

Comment

• Honestly, she's the only big nineties diva who is worth the expense.

With Madonna, you have to be a true fan to love her current songs and image in her downsized tour, with Mariah, you have to lower your expectations on her stage presence and the non-existence of vocals, and with Janet, you have to accept the hideous set up (and wardrobe) and same medley reliant setlist for over decades now.

Comment

• I hope she will announce soon the third date in Belgium. I have order a ticket on the waiting list. Is there any information about it?
                                                      Live life to the maximum!

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                                        Honestly, she's the only big nineties diva who is worth the expense.

With Madonna, you have to be a true fan to love her current songs and image in her downsized tour, with Mariah, you have to lower your expectations on her stage presence and the non-existence of vocals, and with Janet, you have to accept the hideous set up (and wardrobe) and same medley reliant setlist for over decades now.
                                                        Seen as you consistently bring other artists into other threads to troll, here’s an example of your hypocritical, nonsensical posts. This was after you attended a Mariah concert last year:

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                                        If I were to recall my very first memory of Mariah, it would be in 1992, that would be 26 years ago! I still cannot believe I was experiencing such a moment like that. She was also attempting to sing the old hits the way she used to perform it, she was seriously determined to put a great show for the fans.

I still cannot believe I saw her live and up close last night. She was so happy and confident. I enjoyed her presence, she was so gracious to the fans, she was so comfortable and she had so much stage presence. Videos don't give justice to how she connects to her audience.

I was so impressed with the simple production for the show. She looked so respectable and classy. The campy days of having her lifted by her dancers in a sofa or those ridiculous moments where she has her legs accentuated by her dancers with her comedic poses are gone.

One thing that I observed is that she is more passionate in performing now more than ever, the focus was on her vocals, as much as she looked glamorous and dolled up for the show. She even asked permission if she can have her glam team fix her on stage, since she got caught in traffic and wanted to get the show started sooner.

I was so happy with the set list. I didn't look at the set list from previous Asian shows since I wanted to be surprised with the order. I was shocked that she did the big vocal songs one after the other, it was a perfect set list for a casual fan. The song that didn't stand out as much was the "Love Hangover/Heartbreaker" medley, I feel like it was the only song people weren't that crazy about, it should have been replaced by a more recent single ("Obsessed" would have been great since there was no song off Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel that was performed).

"With You" translated well live, I have already grown to love the song after listening to it many times, but it was even better in the concert. There were lots of lambs singing along to it. The fan opportunity to hang out with Mariah was also a special moment. Mariah has many die-hard fans, it's great that this part is brought back again.

The concert ended after one hour, it was such a short show but considering how she belted her biggest hits one after the other, it was enough and it was worth it.
                                                        You really didn’t sound too disappointed with “non existence of vocals” and lack of stage presence when you actually went to her show. Which is it Getback? Your trolling is consistent but at least make your content consistent to give yourself some chance of credibility hun.
                                                        Last edited by Eamon; Mon October 14, 2019, 03:40.

Comment

• Her website confirmed the venue for the Bucharest show.

Venue: National Arena
                                                          Team Celine pre-sale: 10/15 . 10h
                                                          Public on-sale: 10/17 . 10h

Comment

• The pre-sale for Bucharest is September 15 (tomorrow) at 10 am. You can subscribe here to receive a password: https://www.iabilet.ro/bilete-concer...ource=HpTopWeb

VIP Package prices for Romania:

Diamond- 3,075 RON
                                                            Ruby- 2,075 RON
                                                            Emerald- 1,975 RON
                                                            Sapphire- 1,775 RON
                                                            Opal- 1,175 RON

So in essence for Romania, all in all, cheapest ticket is 225 RON aka $52 or €47. Most non-vip expensive is $197 or €178. Most expensive all in all is $713, or €647

Comment

• Apparently her voice cracked several times last night… she removed All By Myself from the set-list and apologized for not being 100% with her voice.

OTTAWA - Celine Dion's voice quivered on Tuesday as the pop singer returned to the stage in Ottawa while still battling the lingering effects of a throat virus.
                                                              The Quebec superstar's Courage World Tour rolled into the nation's capital for two shows -- the second one is tonight.
                                                              It marked Dion's first concert since doctor's orders forced her to delay a number of Canadian tour dates.

Dion acknowledged early in her performance that she was struggling to hit some of the notes.
                                                              But she thanked the audience for their energy and support in spite of a few vocal hurdles.
                                                              Several weeks ago, Dion postponed six shows in Montreal as she dealt with the virus. Some of those dates moved to November while others were bumped to next February.
                                                              This video is painful to see..

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3qjkRIF63l/

I guess she's not totally recovered yet… maybe she should have waited a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X