No announcement yet.

Céline Dion - Courage World Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, 3rd show in Antwerp is set to be announced.

Also, she reportedly crashed the website when her French tickets went on general sale.

What kind of international Queen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      Apparently, 3rd show in Antwerp is set to be announced.

Also, she reportedly crashed the website when her French tickets went on general sale.

What kind of international Queen?
      Not even Wayne...the general sale for Paris shows is on Wednesday! 😂
      One heart you are following

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
        Certainly not.
        And Céline toured stadiums back in 2008.
        She sure did and like I pointed out, the acoustics weren't as good as her recent tours from 2016-2018. The Taking Chances tour was also more of a "spectacle", especially it being choreographed by Jamie King, whereas, the recent tours were more of simply Celine and her vocal prowess.

Originally posted by beredy View Post
        Celine fans feeling unsecure and butthurt about her not doing stadiums? Like why?
        I don't think any Celine fan is insecure regarding her being a touring juggernaut, at least not me as I prefer her doing smaller venues as it is more intimate and the acoustics better IMO.
        Dans ce convoi de larmes
        Je te dédie ma mort
        Et je saigne, saigne encore...

Comment

• Two new dates in France just announced!

Comment

• I was surprised that she added a second night in Tel Aviv, but then I noticed that they will do an special "amphitheater" mode with only 20,000 seats for her.

Comment

• I think they do arenas and not stadiums to gross more. She is doing 6 La Defense Arena, that's more than two Stade de France. But the avg. price will probably be much higher (more VIP seats, front rows, etc.) I think the only stadium she is doing is Stockholm, and the prices are ok if you compare to other Nordic countries like Finland or Norway. Also her target audience probably prefers arenas, though the atmosphere in Hyde Park was great!

Comment

• Originally posted by lundpop View Post

I don't think any Celine fan is insecure regarding her being a touring juggernaut, at least not me as I prefer her doing smaller venues as it is more intimate and the acoustics better IMO.
                But you bringing other artists into the "argument" shows the insecurity though. You could've have just stopped at I prefer technical side of arena shows.

Aaaanyway... The Croatian date is nearly sold out which is out of this world. The special Packages are not doing good but they haven't allocated many seats to those anyway. Mainly only floor seating is available which is the most expensive, maybe too expensive for the locals, but soon those will be the only tickets left and if people want to go they will have to buy them.
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• As someone has highlighted, 6 shows in this French arena might equate to up to 15 shows at the AccorsHotel arena!

Comment

• She should add Asia, Africa, Australia and South American dates to this tour.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      She should add Asia, Africa, Australia and South American dates to this tour.
                      I don't think she even knows South America exists tbh
                      http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        She should add Asia, Africa, Australia and South American dates to this tour.
                        They will I assume, but at a later stage.

The European dates on sale go until September 2020.

If she continues the world tour to other locations, I suppose it would be for end October / November 2020. In such case I suppose tickets would on sale around the release of the album to combine the promotion.

Comment

• Can you believe that her 6 concerts in Paris are sold out and I was not able to get 1 ticket for me?
                          Last edited by brunosilva; Wed October 9th, 2019, 12:53.
                          CELINE DION - THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ARTIST OF THE LAST 25 YEARS

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

• And her other concert in France sold out in 9 min. 55k tickets sold!
                            http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Celine...ws-111569.html

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

• Lá Defense Arena is announcing that the 6 concerts sold out in 90 min and that she sold almost 200k tickets!

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

• They'll probably add more dates. The demand for Céline is immense in France, surely they know that and will act accordingly.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by brunosilva View Post
                                  Can you believe that her 6 concerts in Paris are sold out and I was not able to get 1 ticket for me?
                                  They are stating that this is a record - this is insanity!

Comment

• 250k tickets in 90 minutes.. that's insane!

Comment

They are stating that this is a record - this is insanity!
                                      I think Mylène Farmer's nine shows still hold the record for most sales in this arena.
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I think Mylène Farmer's nine shows still hold the record for most sales in this arena.
                                        I think the record is how fast they sold these 6 dates. If Mylene did 9 then she still has the attendance record I guess. Anyway, I'm just pissed I couldn't get a second ticket for the 27th

I'm proud as a fan, but I've seen her in every European tour since 2013 and each time it is harder to get good places or even tickets at all. I wish I was fan of any other diva

Comment

• QUEEN!!

Comment

I think in terms of how quickly the tickets were sold, this is what the arena twitter account itself said:

A truly amazing show of her longevity, her peerless relevance and her status - a true legend.

Comment

• Her performance in France is really something to behold - now, given she hasn't toured the world much during the 21st century, her continued international appeal is incredible. Her biggest countries:

Celine Dion - Country by Country (2003-present)

USA - $705,781,822 - 5,039,989

2003: A New Day...Live in Las Vegas: $387,175,632 - 2,827,423
                                              2008: Taking Chances World Tour: $73,093,153 - 692,111
                                              2011: Celine: $245,513,037 - 1,520,455

France - $87,602,395 - 539,405

2008: Taking Chances World Tour: $22,829,258 - 112,394
                                              2013: Tournée Européenne 2013: $14,876,447 - 73,333
                                              2016: Summer Tour 2016: $18,428,542 - 110,052
                                              2017: Celine Dion Live 2017: $31,468,148 - 243,626

Canada - $85,121,577 - 679,261

2008: Taking Chances World Tour: $52,244,474 - 414,431
                                              2013: Tournée Européenne 2013: $5,670,255 - 41,298
                                              2016: Summer Tour 2016: $27,206,848 - 223,532

Australia & New Zealand - $32,227,743 - 159,553

2008: Taking Chances World Tour: $9,858,737 - 50,792
                                              2018: Celine Dion Live 2018: $22,369,006 - 108,761

United Kingdom - $29,210,192 - 195,345

2008: Taking Chances World Tour: $12,535,310 - 85,584
                                              2017: Celine Dion Live 2018: $16,674,882 - 109,761

255,000 tickets in France at $160 average ticket price is over $40 million, she'll therefore have a touring gross of almost $130m in France from 2008-2020. And that's assuming she doesn't add further dates! She'll also be at +$100m 2008-2020 in Canada. And she itches ever more closer to the $1 billion mark in the US.

Comment

255,000 tickets in France at $160 average ticket price is over $40 million, she'll therefore have a touring gross of almost $130m in France from 2008-2020. And that's assuming she doesn't add further dates! She'll also be at +$100m 2008-2020 in Canada. And she itches ever more closer to the $1 billion mark in the US.
                                                Just for clarification regarding France: for the French festival (the one where the 55k tickets were sold in 9 minutes), there was a unique price: 59 EUR / ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critiaslux View Post
                                                  Just for clarification regarding France: for the French festival (the one where the 55k tickets were sold in 9 minutes), there was a unique price: 59 EUR / ticket.
                                                  No wonder she sold them out in 9 minutes...

What a bargain!

Still, it's about $35m for the 255,000 tickets.

Comment

• Judging by the fact that her GA is seating and artists like Stones, Pink and Paul did 35k+, they probably released about 30,000 or less per night for the Paris shows. Maybe $5+ million average gross.

Hoping for a $30 million boxscore in France.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X