Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    It must be hard being old, forgetting the entire I’m Breathless and the Blond Ambition era that came after LAP era... and before TIC and RM popped onto the scene. I’d ask you to leave your cone bra and cowboy hat next to the door on the way out of the thread for being such a bad fan... but age happens so all is forgiven
    Bad fan .. . I experienced it , I didn't read about it

I'm Breathless was not a studio album so I don't count it as an era, it was mainly for the Dick Tracy film. Not to mention I try to forget songs like 'Hanky Panky' . 'Vogue' never sat right on that album, even at the time it felt shoehorned on to it. As for Blond Ambition it's heavily influenced by LAP, or do you only remember 'I'm Going Bananas' ?
    You can have the cone bra but I'm keeping the 'Boy Toy' belt
    It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
    But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Originally posted by X . View Post
      I'm new here and i've been reading you guys talking about how you dont wanna see her performing certain (classic) songs like ROL, LAP, etc. My husband and I are going to see her for the first time ever in concert in Miami and OF COURSE we would love to hear those songs. I think it's important to realize that there are plenty of people going to her shows that are not necessarily die-hard fans.
      Respectfully I disagree. Of course I get that you want to see her perform her biggest hits - who wouldnt, if they hadnt? - but this tour isnt about pleasing the usual crowd of 10,000+ people. Its primarily about the Madame X album and taking advantage of the smaller venues to do something different. There is no point doing the same kind of show in a smaller venue: this theatre show needs to be justified through the setlist choices too.

Thankfully shes never performed a tour without featuring at least one of her biggest hits from each decade, so Id be very surprised if she didnt include some of them, and I think the general consensus here is that she shouldnt just ignore them... but dont include all of them. Id be a very, very happy fan if she performed 7 tracks from Madame X, Like a Prayer (80s), Vogue (90s) and Music (00s) then picked another 10 exclusive cuts she either has never performed live before or has done so in a limited capacity before.

If Im honest, Im a bit bored of her relying on the same hits. She has more than everyone else yet still sticks to the same small pool when she needs to add something from the A-list.
      M08T10

Comment

• I believe in the poooweeer
        I believe you can rescuuuue meeee
        https://www.instagram.com/p/B0FF5cGB...d=7gcxxcnr8t31
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
          I believe in the poooweeer
          So she played it, it should be almost certain RM could make the set list.....

Comment

I believe in the poooweeer
            Omg this is amazing! I love how much of a role the Batukadeiras are playing on this tour and how much culture is being brought into it. This is going to be such a unique show in her touring catalogue.

Comment

• She mentions in this interview that 'Come Alive' is due to be performed:

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/201...me-x-interview

Will the women join you onstage when you perform in a live setting?
              “Yes, not only are they in my show, they are my choir in general. They’re my choir in ‘God Control,’ ‘Like a Prayer,’ ‘Come Alive,’ and ‘I Rise.’ They’re even dancing in my show; they’ve become fully integrated in so many ways. It’s amazing. It’s crazy how multitalented they all are and how ready they are to share this experience. It’s been so great having them become a part of everything. They’re going to blow people away; the world isn’t ready.”

Comment

• Ugh Like a Prayer.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Ugh Like a Prayer.
                  We stan her best song
                  Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• She'd be remiss not to include Like a Prayer given she's got a choir on board; excluding it would be a missed opportunity. May it'll be given a different arrangement than the one at Eurovision.
                    The sands of time fade into dark
                    Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                    A message to madness
                    Feel music that's realness

Comment

• So Like A Prayer will be in. :(

I had the feeling she would perform Come Alive, I was kinda sure about it. Maybe because it reminds me a bit of Body Shop and I can see her perform it in middle of the others and with instruments with a little bit of dancing, somethink like the segment on MDNA tour with Open your heart.
                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                        She'd be remiss not to include Like a Prayer given she's got a choir on board; excluding it would be a missed opportunity. May it'll be given a different arrangement than the one at Eurovision.
                        We can but pray .. get those rosary beads out now I'll forgive anything right now , Frozen redeems any bad choices.

Comment

• I really don't understand people who won't attend this show complain about setlist. If i go, i'll be very happy to hear Like A Prayer again.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                            I really don't understand people who won't attend this show complain about setlist. If i go, i'll be very happy to hear Like A Prayer again.
                            Because I will watch it on DVD
                            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                              Because I will watch it on DVD
                              If it'll be released on dvd
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I also thought I was sick of LAP, but that was one of the best moments on my date during RHT. The crowd really connected
                                When we lose what we love
                                Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                When we lose what we love
                                Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

If it'll be released on dvd
                                  If it won't

Comment

• My only wish about songs that she doesn’t perform is NOTHING REALLY MATTERS. God what would I pay !!

Comment

My only wish about songs that she doesn’t perform is NOTHING REALLY MATTERS. God what would I pay !!
                                      Now that u made me think about it......

I agree !!! It was criminally omitted in DWT....
                                      Wish shell perform

Comment

• I would like to see Skin and Paradise (Not For Me) performed.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Skin, YES !!!!

Comment

I would like to see Skin and Paradise (Not For Me) performed.
                                            Paradise is amazeballs but no, not again. Im not in favour of her singing album tracks on multiple tours - give me album tracks shes never performed before. Otherwise its just taking up room.
                                            M08T10

Comment

• Paradise performance at Confession was one of those moment that really took u in ecstasy ..... what a magic performance

Paradise the backdrop for the DWT still is her best backdrop video ever....

So YES again for Paradise

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                                Paradise the backdrop for the DWT still is her best backdrop video ever....
                                                Yeah! Along with RIT's Bedtime Story backdrop video
                                                Last edited by MadonnaIcon; Mon July 22nd, 2019, 17:18.

Comment

• I miss her video interludes. She didnt really bother on the last couple. Lazy mare should have at least done a full Iconic video: the imagery from the opening of RHT was the best thing about that entire era
                                                  M08T10

Comment

Paradise is amazeballs but no, not again. I’m not in favour of her singing album tracks on multiple tours - give me album tracks she’s never performed before. Otherwise it’s just taking up room.
                                                    I've requested the whole of LAP for this tour on her Instagram and asked her to dedicate it to you

Comment

I miss her video interludes. She didn’t really bother on the last couple. Lazy mare should have at least done a full Iconic video: the imagery from the opening of RHT was the best thing about that entire era
                                                      I'm not even sure this tour will include videos at all tbh.

Comment

• From the different videos, pictures, etc from rehearsals, looks like the set will include lots of stairs.

Comment

• What do you guys think about the stage? A theater concert has two options. 1. Be basic and simple (band, lights and that’s it) like any d-list artist like idk, Carly Rae Jepsen. 2. A broadway musical show, I don’t know if you guys have ever attended to a broadway musical show (Disney’s shows are pretty spectacular). I’m sure it’s not going to be “simple” and I do hope some majestic production, she’s the best for that.
                                                          Last edited by X .; Tue July 23rd, 2019, 00:35.

Comment

From the different videos, pictures, etc from rehearsals, looks like the set will include lots of stairs.
                                                            Blimey! she likes to make it hard work for herself .. she just about managed those at Eurovision.

Comment

What do you guys think about the stage? A theater concert has two options. 1. Be basic and simple (band, lights and that’s it) like any d-list artist like idk, Carly Rae Jepsen. 2. A broadway musical show, I don’t know if you guys have ever attended to a broadway musical show (Disney’s shows are pretty spectacular). I’m sure it’s not going to be “simple” and I do hope some majestic production, she’s the best for that.
                                                              I'm hoping for something akin to a Broadway show. It needs to have great sets, costumes etc particularly in a theatre setting. And something to stop her coming down to the audience

Also, Welcome to the forum, 'X.'
                                                              Last edited by Madgefan; Tue July 23rd, 2019, 00:40.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X