No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't see her not performing what has been quite a prolific song in the album's campaign.

I like that she's creating the choreography and the staging around the venue. I don't feel that her usual kind of a show would translate as well in a theatre and I feel like she's aware of that.

Comment

• She has gone theatrical many many many times on her tours. I just expected that she would go with something a bit more creative than your regular background theater set. Though to be fair it might be something completely different once we see how it all work.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• I don't know if the set pieces she's been posting are reflective of how the final staging will look. I'm sure it'll be far more intricate than it's looking in rehearsals, but I think she might be depending on other aspects of showmanship to make this show work. Maybe it'll benefit from having a simpler staging (see, for example, the transition from Blond Ambition to The Girlie Show, the latter of which had a more minimalist stage than the former, but pushed the boundaries of a lot of other elements much further to create a show that was even better).

Comment

• The problem is the staging doesn't seem simple for me. There seem to be lots of sets and props around.

I prefer simpler staging.

Comment

• Well she said herself that the show was going to be very theatrical.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Well I didn't think it was going to be traditionally theatrical. It's 2019 after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                Well she said herself that the show was going to be very theatrical.
                That's what I'm hoping for. We've had all the big stadium/arena tours, but I want to see something much more intimate and makes use of the theatre setting to its fullest extent. I expect this to be a visual treat, with beautiful sets, cutting edge technology .. maybe the holograms again
                It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Well when the holograms thing was announced, I was so sure it would be used for the tour!
                  But since it was just a live CGI stunt for screens...
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Rehearsing the quick change https://www.instagram.com/p/B0hMclCh...=177wcnkwkw98g

So she was rehearsing in her costumes I guess.

Comment

• That costume is way too Rebel Heart Tour Holy Water outfit to get excited over.

She has an instagram story with her dancers dancing to Living For Love. Praying they are just having fun because I do not need or want LFL

Comment

• I'd like of Goshttown and Hold Tight from RH album

Comment

• Hopefully RH gets a silent treatment. Don't need any of that crap on MXT.

Comment

• Please NO Rebel Heart!!!

Btw this whole rehearsal post and stories on IG: soooo boring !!!

Comment

• My besties who live in US decided to buy tickets for Philadelphia after seeing (and getting bored) at a JLO show in DC.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                Please NO Rebel Heart!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                  Please NO Rebel Heart!!!

Btw this whole rehearsal post and stories on IG: soooo boring !!!
                                  You just know you're going to get something ... the look of some of the costumes, how very 'JoA' her performance for 'Future' at Eurovision was. The similarities are so close and she seems fixated on the image and myth that has built up around Joan of Arc.

I love this song though, so I'd be quite happy if she does something new with it.

Last edited by Madgefan; Thu August 1st, 2019, 00:46.
                                  It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                                  But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• No Rebel Heart songs!

Comment

• NO RH NO MDNA NO HC

Comment

• ^^
                                        Yes! Cut out any dead weight completely
                                        The sands of time fade into dark
                                        Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                        A message to madness
                                        Feel music that's realness

Comment

• My friends bought box seats for Philadelphia, apparently there's a bar nearby in the venue so they're happy they'll get to drink while watching M
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Wow, RH didn't deserve all this hate

MDNE on the other hand...

Comment

• Originally posted by grooveboy View Post
                                              Wow, RH didn't deserve all this hate

MDNE on the other hand...

Sis it's just bandwagon, it will happen to MX too when she releases next album...

I mean, can you actually take someone seriously if they don't hate MDNA? I sure don't.

Comment

• I hated RH since day one so no bandwagon for me

I used to love MDNA but haven't listened to it in ages, don't know how it will sound today.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                  it will happen to MX too when she releases next album...
                                                  I think the general reputation of Madame X will improve overtime among Madonna's fanbase.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
                                                    I think the general reputation of Madame X will improve overtime among Madonna's fanbase.
                                                    Mine sure has! Did not expect to still be listening to MX, but it keeps getting better with each listen. Who knows how much staying power it will have, but it's already got more spins from me than her last three combined
                                                    The sands of time fade into dark
                                                    Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                                    A message to madness
                                                    Feel music that's realness

Comment

• So... ticketmaster website is definitely on drugs. hello?

And this is a little example of how messy her ticket sales are (just first 3 shows I'm not gonna make a full update till mid Aug):

Last update:

NEW YORK Tickets available (No resale tickets included) As July 15, 2019

12 Sep - 44 tickets left
                                                      14 Sep - 17 tickets left
                                                      15 Sep - 85 tickets left
                                                      17 Sep - 94 tickets left

Today:

NEW YORK, Aug 1, 2019 (No resale tickets included)

12 Sep - 61 tickets left
                                                      14 Sep - 59 tickets left
                                                      15 Sep - 132 tickets left
                                                      17 Sep - 105 tickets left
                                                      Last edited by X .; Sat August 3rd, 2019, 17:14.

Comment

• anyone knows where I can find CRAVE (SOLO Version)?
                                                        Last edited by X .; Thu August 1st, 2019, 20:21.

Comment

• This channel has so much rehearsal footage:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYw...C1rRfHsduCoTbk

How is all this available? Is somebody in her team or someone close to her doing dirty work, or is this coming directly from her Instagram stories? I can't imagine she'd post all this.

Comment

• Originally posted by X . View Post
                                                            anyone knows where I can find CRAVE (SOLO Version)?
                                                            Yes, I'd like this too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
                                                              Yes, I'd like this too.
                                                              Check your inbox

Comment

Working...
                                                              X