Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement from Madonna:

“Madame X Is a perfectionist and wants to give you the most unique, magical, and musical experience. She underestimated the amount of time it would take to bring this kind of intimate theatrical experience to you and wants it to be perfect!!!
    Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyPerfumeBoy View Post
      Statement from Madonna:

“Madame X Is a perfectionist and wants to give you the most unique, magical, and musical experience. She underestimated the amount of time it would take to bring this kind of intimate theatrical experience to you and wants it to be perfect!!!
      Well

Isn’t she like rehearsing every day? Well now she has 5 more days to rehearse...
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
        Wonder why?
        Production delay.

As a result of the highly specialized production elements being delayed, Live Nation has confirmed that the first 3 concerts of Madonna’s Madame X Tour – a series of rare and intimate performances – have been delayed and that the tour will now start on Tuesday, September 17th at the BAM Howard Gilman Opera House.

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2019/...and-cancelled/
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• But it's just two days, they were preparing stuff all this time so a bit weird they couldn't make it in time and need only two more days. Well at least they rescheduled some and not canceled all three dates.
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• People on some of my Madonna related Facebook pages are fuming. Madonna is a perfectionist and she's probably someone who would genuinely delay a tour if the production was holding things up, but I wonder if there's another reason.

Comment

• So strange. Those 3 dates were practically sold out

NEW YORK

12 Sep - 19 tickets left
              14 Sep - 31 tickets left
              15 Sep - 71 tickets left

This will send the wrong message to people who hasn't decided yet to buy a ticket, specially if you have to flight or drive and book a hotel and make a whole plan around her concert. I'm starting to worry about upcoming cancelations. Philly and Miami look terrible)

Comment

• She does this every tour. Always cancelling the the first couple shows. Really do not understand why it always happens and why a few days is enough time to "fix" it. Its also always the "production" issue. You can only cry wolf so many times before people start asking questions.

Comment

• It wasn't about the sales obviously, but if they needed just two more days from the production stand point then I don't see how they couldn't cram and work a bit more overtime to make the schedule.

It is what it is. Rescheduling and cancelations happen all the time even to hugely successful tours. Sticky and Sweet, still the highest grossing female tour ever, also had canceled dates. Not a weird thing and doesn't point to problems.

Comment

• I expect more shows to be cancelled because it's such a hectic tour and i can't see her perform for 2 hours 3-4 days a week.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I have received many gifts from God,

Comment

• There are plenty of older artists who do theatre shows multiple nights a week. Im pretty sure shes rehearsing a show she will be able to perform often. Shes not stupid. Most of the MX songs wont even require dancing.

Comment

• Hm, very strange, and this has happened before if I'm not mistaken — and not just once? I feel for those fans who have booked hotels, etc. Annoying!
                          “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• This is not the first time this has happened nor is she the first person to do this. It sucks, but its reality. And Spiritboy are you serious?

Comment

• Yes, i am. Knowing Madonna, she's planning something intimate yet an ambitious show imo. I hope i'm wrong but i don't think she'll be able to perform so many back to back shows.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• She has days off and she is "working" 2 hours a night, maybe her stamina is not the same but she's not in a wheelchair!

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                  I expect more shows to be cancelled because it's such a hectic tour and i can't see her perform for 2 hours 3-4 days a week.
                                  I think the same.

I hope she doesn’t cancel my night tho. Because if she does.. sis...

Comment

• She didn't have a problem doing 3-4 shows per week on any of her previous tours despite having to travel between the shows. This time she is stationed in one town for so many number of shows and can go to her room and have a massage and a good night's sleep before the next show. You need to calm down.

P. S. And if she cancels (not even reschedules, but cancels) any other date, I really hope it's yours [MENTION=88561]X .[/MENTION]

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

P. S. And if she cancels (not even reschedules, but cancels) any other date, I really hope it's yours [MENTION=88561]X .[/MENTION]
                                      Salty b.
                                      Did I say something wrong? Oops I didn’t know I couldn’t speak my mind

Comment

• New York opening night is officially SOLD OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by X . View Post
                                          Salty b.
                                          Did I say something wrong? Oops I didn’t know I couldn’t speak my mind
                                          It's one thing to speak up. It's another to be...

Comment

• She’s now out of the studio and rehearsing at the BAM Howard Gilman Opera House.
                                            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Hmm... suddenly I went from going opening night to going to second to last night.

How exciting! ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                                Hmm... suddenly I went from going opening night to going to second to last night.

How exciting! ¯\_(ヅ)_/¯
                                                Ouch

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                  Ouch
                                                  Tell me about it. Anyways how you been Westen? Staying out of trouble?

I’m strongly considering going to see her in Lisbon although I’ve never been to Portugal (and it wasn’t on my bucket list). I doubt the rumors of her returning *with a stadium tour will pan out to anything but fan’s wishing for something that will never be on this tour. We’ll see.
                                                  Last edited by Zeph; Wed August 28th, 2019, 23:35.

Comment

• The venues she's performing at are so beautiful. It has the potential to be a magical show, depends on the setlist though.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                                      Tell me about it. Anyways how you been Westen? Staying out of trouble?

I’m strongly considering going to see her in Lisbon although I’ve never been to Portugal (and it wasn’t on my bucket list). I doubt the rumors of her returning *with a stadium tour will pan out to anything but fan’s wishing for something that will never be on this tour. We’ll see.
                                                      Doing my best

Comment

The venues she's performing at are so beautiful. It has the potential to be a magical show, depends on the setlist though.
                                                        Its the Madame X album plus Human Nature. I have a feeling this tour will feel like a chore to watch more then once. Hopefully she surprises us and has some more classics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                                          Its the Madame X album plus Human Nature. I have a feeling this tour will feel like a chore to watch more then once. Hopefully she surprises us and has some more classics.
                                                          Candy Shop says hi
                                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Candy Shop says hi
                                                            We stan my sugar is raw.

Comment

• I really think that Candy Shop would work in this setting
                                                              When we lose what we love
                                                              Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                                              When we lose what we love
                                                              Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Working...
                                                              X