Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Omg, was it really like that?

How else could you do it before debit cards and the internet?
    M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
      The logic is:

1. She wants to do smaller venues as a personal preference
      2. She is going to perform a different type of show

For all we know she could just come out on stage with her band and just sing her songs on a seat all night. On the flip side, we might get a huge artistic statement, a hugely high end theatrical presentation like Kate Bush did back in 2014 (which she attended). Remember that Madonna’s favourite part of RHT was her sat down, using a ukulele singing La Vie En Rose.

I really think we might end up with at least one part of the show being interchangeable in terms of songs too, like Tori Amos. Everything about Madame X is keeping us in our toes and whilst I really love it, I kinda hate it - it seems I got far too complacent as a Madonna fan, in the same way she got too comfortable over the last decade too
      I see your points on the logic of it & you could be right, we will get a less energetic show than were used to hence the small theatres. We could have a plain simple set or something like what she dId at the BMA

Hmm I wonder if she will indeed now wait after Eurovision to officially announce the European leg of the tour makes sense!

Comment

How else could you do it before debit cards and the internet?
        Don't know, we had kiosks that sold concert tickets. I saw them in UK as well.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Did you see it? Because of the lack of bootlegs it’s VERY hard to explain to someone that didn’t see it what it was like. Even listening to it isn’t the same. But believe me, Kate Bush’s show was an event, an experience and one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. If Madonna can do something similar in her way, we are in for something very, very special - and it wouldn’t surprise me if this is what Netflix will end up showing.

Madonna knew she would get backlash on this, let’s be honest. I trust she is opting to honour an artistic vision first and foremost and the show itself will justify the venue choices.
          Nope. Didn't. But I've read nearly every report I could find and it sounds magical. Knowing how weird Kate is and what she wants I can only imagine. And I'm sure that the show would top my imagination. The Ninth Wave part sounds out of this world. When I first read she was doing it in full I thought it was a rather weird choice for the setlist. But after I read how she did it. Man! I nearly cried for not being able to see it.
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
            Nope. Didn't. But I've read nearly every report I could find and it sounds magical. Knowing how weird Kate is and what she wants I can only imagine. And I'm sure that the show would top my imagination. The Ninth Wave part sounds out of this world. When I first read she was doing it in full I thought it was a rather weird choice for the setlist. But after I read how she did it. Man! I nearly cried for not being able to see it.
            I only went because I managed to grab a ticket last minute. I wasn’t even a fan, but I love live music and I knew how big a deal the show was. So my first real introduction to Kate, The Ninth Wave and A Sky of Honey was ask basically seeing them live. Being a huge fan ever since, I think Kate would have got a kick out of someone seeing her show without having first spent decades listening to the music

The flip side of course is that a theatrical presentation of her suites basically writes itself - the basics are very much there in the music. Madonna hasn’t got that, unless Madame X is going to be the sort of album you can do that with. I’m already imagining her set this show in a bar on stage, and wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t make the hits fado - very similar to the rendition of Like a Virgin we heard on her instagram.
            M08T10

Comment

She deserves it.
              What the hell man.

Comment

That tour announcement is everything.
                She really going in with the visuals this era.
                I am so happy about a theatre tour, it's about time a huge popstar starts pushing it again.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I really hate the ICON Legacy Members shit. Honestly, what kind of thing is that? I don't see why at this point they should get special treatment... what a way to embrace new generations of fans. Also, though I love the idea of an inimate theatre tour, I'm appalled by the prices. Only her rich fans are allowed!
                  “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                    I really hate the ICON Legacy Members shit. Honestly, what kind of thing is that? I don't see why at this point they should get special treatment... what a way to embrace new generations of fans. Also, though I love the idea of an inimate theatre tour, I'm appalled by the prices. Only her rich fans are allowed!
                    They created a rod for their own back with the legacy thing: they need to just sort of let it die out and stop giving them privileges at this point... but I doubt it.

The pricing issue I get but Madonna tickets have always been expensive and frankly, this show is not going to be cheap to put on.

If she’s doing a month everywhere, that’s 8 months of wages to pay out - it’s unlikely she’ll use local talent per city, so she still needs to bring a lot of people with her everywhere, asking them to spend 8 months from home.

If she was working in just one city for 8 months she could probably hire local talent that could go home every night, but she needs to pay hotels etc just like going on an arena tour.

I suspect this has been priced to cost on Madonna’s side (merchandise aside). If anyone makes any money I’d have thought it be Live Nation.
                    M08T10

Comment

These are the most expensive ticket prices of her career right?
                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                        Hopefully there are some mid Europe dates at least. Berlin/Vienna. Lisbon, Paris and London are all expensive trips.
                        From where? Croatia? Are you serious?
                        In 2 minutes I found a flight from Zadar to London Stansted for 7€ and that still this month!

Comment

They created a rod for their own back with the legacy thing: they need to just sort of let it die out and stop giving them privileges at this point... but I doubt it.

Why do you think so?
                          If someone has stuck with them for decades,don't these fans deserve any kind of privilege in return ?
                          I think it would be super unfair if they simply decide to 'let it die' in favor of new fans.
                          Unless there's something I'm missing here.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
                            Why do you think so?
                            If someone has stuck with them for decades,don't these fans deserve any kind of privilege in return ?
                            I think it would be super unfair if they simply decide to 'let it die' in favor of new fans.
                            I get both sides of the argument, but I don’t agree that paying for membership to her fan club 10 years ago means you get access to all pre-sale in perpetuity.

The fan club lost of a lot of members because it was so poorly run. You were supposed to get 4 magazine issues a year and were lucky if you got one. I was a member for a few years and in the end just let it lapse.
                            M08T10

Comment

Press release

Monday, May 6, 2019 – Los Angeles, CA.
                              Following her incredibly stunning performance at the Billboard Music Awards and the announcement of her highly anticipated new album Madame X available globally on June 14, Madonna, Live Nation and Maverick have announced a series of rare and intimate performances to take place exclusively in theaters, giving fans an opportunity to see Madonna in an environment like they never have before.

The Madame X Tour will kick off September 12th at the BAM Howard Gilman Opera House in New York and will feature multiple nights of shows in each city including performances at the Chicago Theatre, The Wiltern in Los Angeles, the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, the Boch Center Wang Theatre in Boston, The Met Philadelphia and at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theatre in 2019. The Madame X Tour will then resume in early 2020 with performances at the Coliseum in Lisbon, the Palladium in London and at the Grand Rex in Paris.

Madonna is the best-selling female solo touring artist of all time and has the highest-grossing concert tour ever by a female artist with her Sticky & Sweet Tour (2008-2009) at $408 million.

Influenced creatively by living in Lisbon, Portugal over the past several years, Madame X is a collection of 15 new songs that celebrate Madonna’s career-long affair with Latin music and culture as well as other global influences.

Madonna is releasing 5 songs before her highly-anticipated new studio album Madame X debuts globally on June 14th. Following the release of the empowering ballad “I Rise” and the critically-acclaimed “Medellín,” additional songs to be shared with fans include the infectious pop gem “Crave” featuring Swae Lee and produced by Mike Dean on May 10, the Jamaican dancehall vibes of “Future” featuring Quavo on May 17, as well as the sonically innovative “Dark Ballet” on June 7.

Madonna’s long-time promoter Arthur Fogel, President - Global Touring and Chairman - Global Music, Live Nation said: “The chance for fans to see Madonna at these venues is incredibly special. We are proud and excited to be able to deliver this ultimate opportunity for her fans.”

To ensure fans have best access, ticket requests for all shows will be accepted now through Friday, May 10th (11:59pm EDT) at madonna.livenation.com. Fans will be able to select city and show preference plus their preferred price points prior to completing their request. By Friday, May 17th, fans whose requests have been confirmed will be notified of fulfillment and informed of their ticket allocation(s) and corresponding show information. All fans will be notified even if we were unable to accommodate their request. Tickets will be fulfilled at Ticketmaster Secure Mobile Tickets. Every ticket purchased includes a CD of Madonna’s new release Madame X in stores June 14th. Event ticket limit is 4 per person. To submit ticket requests and for complete city & date, VIP and Travel Package information visit: Madonna.livenation.com.

Tickets for these very special Madame X performances will be scaled between $60.00 - $760.00 (plus applicable service fees). Additionally, fans will have the opportunity to enter to purchase tickets at $10.00 at Madonna.com. There will be 10 tickets available per show and fans will be notified on show date if they have been selected for this unique opportunity.

Icon is Madonna's official fan club and Verified Lifetime Legacy members of Icon will receive first access to tickets and VIP Packages to these very special dates. Legacy Fan Club members will sign in at www.madonna.livenation.com and register for the show(s) of their choice. Verified Icon members will receive notification of their seat selection on Friday, May 17th. Icon Fan Club members will be eligible to receive tickets for a single event in up to two cities.Get details on ticket requests.

Citi® is the official presale credit card of the Madame X tour. As such, Citi cardmembers will have special access to tickets by submitting their requests now through Friday, May 10th (11:59pm EDT) at madonna.livenation.com. Citi cardmembers will be eligible to receive up to 4 tickets for a single event across the entire tour. If selected, Citi cardmembers will receive notification of their ticket allocation by Friday, May 17th. For complete cardmember details visit www.citientertainment.com.
                              Madame X VIP Packages will be available for fans to request as well. VIP packages may include great ticket locations, exclusive backstage tour, photo opportunity on stage, VIP pre-show reception, limited edition Madonna gift item, fast pass access to designated VIP merch and concessions lanes, and more! All fans wishing to access VIP Packages may register now through Friday, May 17 (11:59pm EDT) at madonna.livenation.com. Additionally, fans can access Travel packages which include great ticket locations, exclusive merchandise, hotel accommodations and more!

Every ticket purchased includes a physical copy of Madonna’s new release Madame X available on Interscope Records and in stores on June 14th. The tour is presented by Live Nation Global Touring.

Dates announced today include seven shows in New York at the BAM Howard Gilman Opera House September 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22, four shows at the Chicago Theatre October 15, 16, 17 and 21 and five shows at the Wiltern in Los Angeles November 12, 13, 14, 16 and 17. Dates for the additional cities listed will be announced soon.
                              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Why do you think so?
                                That doesnt even make sense. Some of us didnt have the option to be fans for decades. I was 12 when Hung Up was released but how could i be a member back then?

Comment

Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                  That doesnt even make sense. Some of us didnt have the option to be fans for decades. I was 12 when Hung Up was released but how could i be a member back then?

What they should do is to make the "Legacy Members" (or whatever they decide to rename it) become an option for those who want to, obvs by paying what they think it's worth it.
                                  That way they can balance old and new fans.

Comment

I still don’t get why she opted for small venues this time around, is it possibly due to her age? Correct me if I’m wrong but at some point she needs to slow down things a bit. Isn’t?

Anyways, I’m excited to see how is she trying to mix her signature style with a theatrical performance.

Oh btw, is she going to be Asia this time around? She visited Abu Dhabi and Istanbul back then, so that raises the question if she’s going to that again. ... Tokyo, Seoul or Manilla ?
                                    Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Originally posted by oaknuys View Post
                                      I still don’t get why she opted for small venues this time around, is it possibly due to her age? Correct me if I’m wrong but at some point she needs to slow down things a bit. Isn’t?

Anyways, I’m excited to see how is she trying to mix her signature style with a theatrical performance.

Oh btw, is she going to be Asia this time around? She visited Abu Dhabi and Istanbul back then, so that raises the question if she’s going to that again. ... Tokyo, Seoul or Manilla ?
                                      I think you completely erased the last tour existence from your mind
                                      Places you listed are from the MDNA Tour itinerary.
                                      With Rebel Heart she visited a lot more places in Asia : Taipei ,Bangkok , , Hong Kong , Macau, Manila, Singapore and Saitama in Japan too.
                                      I don't think she'll take this tour there though.
                                      Last edited by BodyShop; Mon May 6th, 2019, 20:04.

Comment

I suspect this has been priced to cost on Madonna’s side (merchandise aside). If anyone makes any money I’d have thought it be Live Nation.
                                        You are so naive it's not even funny.

Next thing you'll say is that she is actually a philanthropist by charging her fans so much.

Comment

Originally posted by maroon View Post
                                          From where? Croatia? Are you serious?
                                          In 2 minutes I found a flight from Zadar to London Stansted for 7€ and that still this month!
                                          Those are only summer fligths. They don't have them the rest of the year. And it's a pain going from Zadar, especially if it's a late night or an early morning flight. Went to Berlin from there. I'd rather pay more go through it again. Besides flights aren't problem. The rest of the stuff adds up pretty quickly. And do not that paychecks in Croatia are shitty. Like really shitty.
                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I think you completely erased the last tour existence from your mind
                                            Places you listed are from the MDNA Tour itinerary.
                                            With Rebel Heart she visited a lot more places in Asia : Taipei ,Bangkok , , Hong Kong , Macau, Manila, Singapore and Saitama in Japan too.
                                            I don't think she'll take this tour there though.

Lol right lol i had MDNA on my mind upon posting that message lol that was the last time that i saw her twice in a row lol
                                            Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

It doesn’t stop you selling tickets afterwards. They have announced an official resale partner. I think they’re doing this ticket lottery because it will be easier and fairer than first-come-first-served.

In many ways it’s exactly how it was before the internet: you’d send away for tickets via post and tell them how many you wanted and give them a cheque for the cost. You would then hope that you’d be lucky and get some tickets sent to you through the post.
                                              Maybe in your first world country

In our 3rd world countries we can actually go to venue and buy tickets there in person, or many other ticket selling places in city

Comment

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                Maybe in your first world country

In our 3rd world countries we can actually go to venue and buy tickets there in person, or many other ticket selling places in city
                                                Not everyone lives in a city.
                                                M08T10

Comment

Not everyone lives in a city.
                                                  And like spiritboy said we had (and still have since people are not buying tickets online here) shops just for tickets sales, across country, so you can buy ticket in other city for show in capital city etc.

Comment

Originally posted by oaknuys View Post

But she's not exactly slowing done. She will perform like 20 times for same amount of people that she would've performed in two arenas...

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                                                      You are so naive it's not even funny.

Next thing you'll say is that she is actually a philanthropist by charging her fans so much.
                                                      I never said money wasn’t going to be made: I said Madonna possibly isn’t going to make any herself doing this.

She is still going to have musicians and dancers with her. Her own staff and management (Guy is probably on 10%). Travel and lodgings. Venue hire costs. Most probably the show won’t have an interval so she has to pay a bar surplus in each venue. Live Nation’s cut.

This isn’t like playing an arena tour, where her grosses far outweigh the costs. A lot of her costs will remain the same because she will take the talent with her - and they won’t be working for scale.
                                                      M08T10

Comment

I'm sure Mr. Oseary hated this idea
                                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

So, the front row tickets actually cost $760 if you don't buy a VIP package, right?
                                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I'm sure Mr. Oseary hated this idea
                                                            You know how much he loves non-traditional promotion
                                                            M08T10

Comment

The artist gets paid a fee per show, live nation has the production costs, hence the higher prices. They need to make profit after paying Madonna.
                                                              She will make a ton of money.
                                                              "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Working...
                                                              X