Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    Trains to Paris can be as expensive as these tickets for the show...sometimes even more.
    Geez, I kind of don't feel sorry for people who are used to having all the stars come to their front lawn to perform that they'd have to pay for transportation from time to time. Come live in the shitty Balkans where rarely any big star comes, so you kind of have to plan that other expenses will be bigger (sometimes multiple times) than the ticket itself.

Though, TBH I'd probably complain too if I was used to having everyone come to an arena near me. People get spoiled easily.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
      Geez, I kind of don't feel sorry for people who are used to having all the stars come to their front lawn to perform that they'd have to pay for transportation from time to time. Come live in the shitty Balkans where rarely any big star comes, so you kind of have to plan that other expenses will be bigger (sometimes multiple times) than the ticket itself.

Though, TBH I'd probably complain too if I was used to having everyone come to an arena near me. People get spoiled easily.
      You have a point. One of my faves, Joanna Newsom, literally performed 30 minutes away from me one time, it wasn't even in Amsterdam or any other central point in the country.
      I was like "Oh I'll just jump in the shower around 6PM and casually make my way to the venue".
      To be fair, it's easy going to a concert in this country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
        I was like "Oh I'll just jump in the shower around 6PM and casually make my way to the venue".
        To be fair, it's easy going to a concert in this country.
        I wish I could say the same.

Comment

I wish I could say the same.
          So artists don't come to Croatia usually? Or do they just visit the capital or even a specific venue?
          You have to forgive my poor sense of scale, I have no idea how widespread certain countries are.
          I notice that some of my fave "small" artists tend to visit a lot of European countries but the big ones usually only do the big and obvious ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
            So artists don't come to Croatia usually? Or do they just visit the capital or even a specific venue?
            You have to forgive my poor sense of scale, I have no idea how widespread certain countries are.
            I notice that some of my fave "small" artists tend to visit a lot of European countries but the big ones usually only do the big and obvious ones.
            IF they come to these territories they either cover one of the following countries and in their mind that's the whole territory covered:

- Slovenia; usually they go to Ljubljana where the venues are Stožice Arena or Hala Tivoli for big stars, Kino Šiška for indie/alternative acts
            - Croatia; usual stop is Zagreb, the venues being Arena Zagreb, Velesajam or Dom Sportova for bigger acts, and Culture Factory or Močvara for indie/alternative acts
            - Serbia; Beograd being the usual pick, Kombank Arena (they change the name every once in a while, it might be named something else now) and Sava Centar for the big acts and I have no other what are the venues for indie/alternative acts there

There are some big festivals though that bring some stars but they're usually more rock/electronic oriented, so there's a big gap for pop and r'n'b and all other non rock/electronic music oriented.

But in most cases people just travel to Vienna or Budapest to see big stars.

Comment

- Serbia; Beograd being the usual pick, Kombank Arena (they change the name every once in a while, it might be named something else now) and Sava Centar for the big acts and I have no other what are the venues for indie/alternative acts there

It's called Stark Arena now

But Madonna actually performed in open field here, if I'm right only Madonna, Robbie Williams and The Rolling Stones did that here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                But Madonna actually performed in open field here, if I'm right only Madonna, Robbie Williams and The Rolling Stones did that here...
                I don't count those one off concerts that happen like every 5 years. Stones, Metallica also played in a field here, U2 sold out stadium two days in a row (124k total people), Shakira even played a 25k capacity stadium (don't think it was sold out though). But when things like that happen it's more like WTF, how?

Comment

It's called Stark Arena now
                  I hope you get free chocolates when you enter the arena then

Comment

I don't count those one off concerts that happen like every 5 years. Stones, Metallica also played in a field here, U2 sold out stadium two days in a row (124k total people), Shakira even played a 25k capacity stadium (don't think it was sold out though). But when things like that happen it's more like WTF, how?
                    I remember Madonna canceled stadium date back in 2012 there? Press here said she wasn't allowed to ruin grass and that's why they canceled it

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                    I hope you get free chocolates when you enter the arena then
                    There's a big chance you'll get a ticket for concert instead if local artist is performing

Comment

I remember Madonna canceled stadium date back in 2012 there? Press here said she wasn't allowed to ruin grass and that's why they canceled it
                      Yep. I bought Gold Circle ticket.

Comment

• 88 shows now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                          So the guy that posted this and then deleted it has been right so far. Next we will see if she cancels other shows

"There are no “production delays”, the move has been made so Madonna doesn’t look bad and to fill the unsightly empty days and production costs to pay the tour staff whilst they would be sat on their asses doing nothing between New York and Chicago where further New York shows were due to be added, demand simply hasn’t been there.

It’s likely that more changes are coming - there’s another phase that’s empty between Chicago and New York due to soft Chicago sales. I understand they are scrambling to book Bay Area shows in this period and if they can’t find a venue then expect more US moves.

London and possibly Philadelphia look certain for cancellations too, some London dates still have over half the tickets left.

Madonna and Sara Zambreno Turner her manager are said to be blaming fans for the changes for not coming out to see her.
                          This doesn't make any sense though.

1st - The tour has low ticket sales...yet they cancel the show that was actually fully sold out? Why would they add more NYC dates multiple times if sales were bad?

2nd - There's no empty phases between New York and Chicago. 2 or 3 days. No more shows will be able to fit there. That insider could've gone to wikipedia to check the tour schedule at least.

3rd - Low ticket sales for Chicago. The insider says it the same day they add a 4th Chicago date?

4th - London is over 90% sold out according to this topic. They also kept adding shows there. No reason to do so if they were doing bad.

5th - that last line sounds like a bad fan fiction.

No shade to you. But literally all those lines can easily be refuted. That guy doesn't know much for sure.
                          "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• Although M posted so many videos and pics on her instagram I still do feel that I have only a vague idea of what to expect. I mean are there more like 8-9 songs we really know for certain that'll make the setlist? Will she have segments like on the previous tours? How's the stage going to look?
                            Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

• ^ we’ll find the answer in few days [MENTION=37899]CandyPerfumeBoy[/MENTION]

I’ m excited!!

Comment

• Any photo of the stage or costumes?

Comment

• Madonnatribe shared some possible setlist spoilers and I don't know what to think if they turn out to be true... basically no surprise

Comment

• Comment

• Basically her Pride performance was a rehearsal... Good, can’t wait to see the evolution of “Typewritten Vogue”.
                                      "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyPerfumeBoy View Post
                                        Madonnatribe shared some possible setlist spoilers and I don't know what to think if they turn out to be true... basically no surprise
                                        Where did you find these "spoilers"? Can't find them on the MTribe website...
                                        “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Yep we have known the setlist and the order for at least 2 months.

Comment

• Her pride performance had just 4 songs. Madame X tour will have at least 18 songs on its setlist. I hope some good surprises
                                            Last edited by MadonnaIcon; Thu September 12th, 2019, 01:40.

Comment

• That CD setlist on the last page... is this the one you speak of that we have know for tw months?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                                                That CD setlist on the last page... is this the one you speak of that we have know for tw months?
                                                Yes. People on other Madonna forums have guessed the exact setlist already based on her Instagram stories. Madonna herself posted the first two sections in July on her Instagram. She also posted the last section as well. So fans were able to piece it together.

Comment

• Thanks for clarifying.

I still hope we get a few surprises and that she can mix it up on this tour and include and swap songs across.

Comment

• I didn't know that people were so sure about the setlist for weeks. I still hope for some surprise. On a positive note I haven't seen 14/20 songs live yet

Comment

• Twenty songs seems a little on the short side. Is it possible that this doesn't include video interlude performances, or that she may replace those elements of her show with something different? Maybe she's leaving some time to be more intimate with the audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
                                                        Twenty songs seems a little on the short side. Is it possible that this doesn't include video interlude performances, or that she may replace those elements of her show with something different? Maybe she's leaving some time to be more intimate with the audience.
                                                        I’m about to think there’s an intermission. To go check Grindr, make phone calls, text, buy a drink etc. She’s going full theatrical. We shall see.

Comment

• Honoring the postponed dates and since today was the opening night, here's an update for New York.

MADAME X TOUR SALES (U.S. DATES)

Tickets available (No resale tickets included) As September 12, 2019

NEW YORK ONLY.

17 Sep - SOLD OUT
                                                          18 Sep - 116 tickets left (Date recently added)
                                                          19 Sep - 162 tickets left
                                                          21 Sep - 63 tickets left
                                                          22 Sep - 167 tickets left
                                                          24 Sep - 110 tickets left
                                                          25 Sep - 101 tickets left
                                                          26 Sep - 120 tickets left
                                                          28 Sep - 45 tickets left
                                                          1 Oct - 84 tickets left
                                                          2 Oct - 199 tickets left
                                                          3 Oct - 165 tickets left
                                                          5 Oct - 99 tickets left
                                                          6 Oct - 150 tickets left
                                                          7 Oct - 211 tickets left
                                                          10 Oct - 250 tickets left (new single seats probably refunds from Sep 12)
                                                          12 Oct - 281 tickets left (new single seats probably refunds from Sep 14)

Total capacity: 35,853
                                                          Tickets left: 2,323
                                                          (93.52 % sold out)

Ticketmaster continuously releases new seats all of the d*mn time. It is impossible to keep a real track. Seems like Oct 10 & 12 had a lot of refunds.

Comment

• Originally posted by X . View Post
                                                            Honoring the postponed dates and since today was the opening night, here's an update for New York.

MADAME X TOUR SALES (U.S. DATES)

Tickets available (No resale tickets included) As September 12, 2019

NEW YORK ONLY.

17 Sep - SOLD OUT
                                                            18 Sep - 116 tickets left (Date recently added)
                                                            19 Sep - 162 tickets left
                                                            21 Sep - 63 tickets left
                                                            22 Sep - 167 tickets left
                                                            24 Sep - 110 tickets left
                                                            25 Sep - 101 tickets left
                                                            26 Sep - 120 tickets left
                                                            28 Sep - 45 tickets left
                                                            1 Oct - 84 tickets left
                                                            2 Oct - 199 tickets left
                                                            3 Oct - 165 tickets left
                                                            5 Oct - 99 tickets left
                                                            6 Oct - 150 tickets left
                                                            7 Oct - 211 tickets left
                                                            10 Oct - 250 tickets left (new single seats probably refunds from Sep 12)
                                                            12 Oct - 281 tickets left (new single seats probably refunds from Sep 14)

Total capacity: 35,853
                                                            Tickets left: 2,323
                                                            (93.52 % sold out)

Ticketmaster continuously releases new seats all of the d*mn time. It is impossible to keep a real track. Seems like Oct 10 & 12 had a lot of refunds.
                                                            Do you have this data for the entire tour? Just curious.
                                                            "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
                                                              Thanks for clarifying. I still hope we get a few surprises and that she can mix it up on this tour and include and swap songs across.
                                                              I’m not sure why nobody gave you a straight answer but according to Cherry Boom Boom @ MTribe this is the setlist....

god control
                                                              dark ballet
                                                              human nature
                                                              vogue
                                                              i dont search
                                                              easy ride
                                                              american life
                                                              batuka
                                                              killers
                                                              crazy
                                                              sodade
                                                              extreme occident
                                                              medellin
                                                              crave
                                                              rescue me
                                                              you must love me
                                                              frozen
                                                              come alive
                                                              future
                                                              like a prayer
                                                              i rise

With WIFLFAG, JML and FF serving as interludes. As a fan, gotta admit I’m not to thrilled with it. But who knows? Something funny that I did come across and agreed with is a comment (don’t remember whether on MTribe, Drowned or ATRL) “I bet most of us would prefer her to break into Where’s The Party instead of Batuka.” I couldn’t agree more.

I decided to hold off on getting any more dates. Going to stick with the one I have. Sounds like more than enough.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X