No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My immediate issue as a casual fan would be “where’s the hits” - this is definitely a tour for the fans’ fan.

Good to see Frozen on there.

Comment

• Neil from MTribe posted this and since he attended show, i consider this as accurate.

The set list:
      God Control
      Beautiful game
      Human nature
      Express yourself - acapella chorus
      Papa don’t preach opening swell
      Joke section
      Vogue
      I don’t search
      Section where she sells a Polaroid selfie to a fan - tonight it was Rosie o donell
      Papa don’t preach first verse and chorus
      American life
      Coffin interlude
      Fado song (unknown title)
      Killers
      Crazy
      Welcome to my Fado Club/La Isla Bonita chorus
      Sodade
      Medellín
      Sits in the crowd and talks to audience member
      Extreme occident
      Rescue me spoken interlude
      Frozen
      Come Alive
      Future
      Crave Tracy young mix
      Like a prayer Eurovision version
      I Rise / exits through crowd
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• SPOILER info from night 1.

Spoiler!
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The reviews so far have been incredible I AM DYING.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mpol View Post
            The reviews so far have been incredible I AM DYING.
            After all the passion she's been putting into this project, it is fully deserved.

Comment

• Where are the reviews?

Comment

• This entire project. As a fan I am so dam happy RN.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  Neil from MTribe posted this and since he attended show, i consider this as accurate.

The set list:
                  God Control
                  So which is the real set list????

Comment

• Originally posted by traherne89 View Post
                    Where are the reviews?
                    +1 !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                      So which is the real set list????
                      https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/madon...-5b9ceb68.html

This one.
                      I have received many gifts from God,
                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• From a Fan who attended the show...... OMG I could die......

“So I went to a Madonna concert at this Opera house tonight, no phones allowed! So there’s a sit open next to me in the front, she walks trough the audience, asked me is this sit taken? Sits down NEXT TO ME!!! grabbed my arm, asks for my name, asks if I’m enjoying the show, and after that she says “sucks there’s not phones allowed right?” Thank you for coming Jeff, end of story! ⭐️🤗💀 I ******* MET AND TOUCHED MADONNA!!! And it only lives in my memory ❤️😬”

Comment

• I know she ain't sitting next to me in Paris

Comment

• Thank u

So of the old hits we have

La Isla Bonita
                            Express Yourself
                            Frozen
                            Like a Prayer
                            Vogue
                            Papa Don’t Preach
                            American Life
                            Human Nature ( if u consider it a hit, lol)

I m very happy of the set list, was hopping till the last minute “Ciao Bella “ could make it..... but that was the delusional in me.

Comment

• Me too I wanted Ciao Bella so bad. Fingers crossed it gets thrown into rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                From a Fan who attended the show...... OMG I could die......

“So I went to a Madonna concert at this Opera house tonight, no phones allowed! So there’s a sit open next to me in the front, she walks trough the audience, asked me is this sit taken? Sits down NEXT TO ME!!! grabbed my arm, asks for my name, asks if I’m enjoying the show, and after that she says “sucks there’s not phones allowed right?” Thank you for coming Jeff, end of story! ⭐️🤗💀 I ******* MET AND TOUCHED MADONNA!!! And it only lives in my memory ❤️😬”

Funny that without phones that fan can never prove it. Well, maybe in the official dvd.

Comment

• I agree with the “no phone” policy, but sadly this also means we don’t get to see how the show actually looks/sounds like... She only made 1 post on Instagram, and there is no hype nor any articles online... it’s like this tour is a big secret kept by and for her closest fans only.
                                  “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• We still don't know if there is a rotation or if some songs got cut due to show starting late etc. or some other production delay. Guess we will have to wait some time to see how this tour actually works if it's not a fixed set of songs.

Any official photos released????

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                                      I agree with the “no phone” policy, but sadly this also means we don’t get to see how the show actually looks/sounds like... She only made 1 post on Instagram, and there is no hype nor any articles online... it’s like this tour is a big secret kept by and for her closest fans only.
                                      You know what?? I’m so GLAD with it..... I hated at every tour go through millions and millions of very bad quality photos and video.....

If for once we haven’t all of that it’s not the end of the world

This is really a totally new tour experience: and it gets me very excited!!

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
                                        I agree with the “no phone” policy, but sadly this also means we don’t get to see how the show actually looks/sounds like... She only made 1 post on Instagram, and there is no hype nor any articles online... it’s like this tour is a big secret kept by and for her closest fans only.
                                        Theres an audio recording on Madonnainfinity of the whole show that someone took.

Comment

• She looks gorgeous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                            Theres an audio recording on Madonnainfinity of the whole show that someone took.
                                            I can’t find it!

Comment

• Im not a member there and you have to be to get the link so I cant see it.

Check out "axmorga" on Instagram for a video of Frozen. Its incredible. Lola is the one in the video.

Comment

• I can’t believe phones were still in there and thank you. I’m glad she hasn’t lost her voice.

Comment

• Madonna Surprises With the Launch of Ambitious, Intimate “Madame X” Show, A Sometimes Over Stuffed Attempt at an Avant Garde Broadway Show

by Roger Friedman - September 18, 2019 2:45 am

It turns out Madonna — the queen of re-invention — is human. She admitted last night during the first performance of her Madame X show at Brooklyn’s Howard Gilman Opera house: “The one thing I need is sleep. I’m tired.” She added that she could use a nap.

But the 61 year old pop icon didn’t show any signs of weariness last night as she launched this ambitious, complex production. The good news about Madonna’s Madame X show is that there is no bad news. Not really. So everyone can relax. There’s no incentive to throw tomatoes.

Quite the opposite: I was impressed, and I think anyone who stops into the Gilman will be surprised to find Madonna, in a stripped down setting, is actually real and just a celebrity hologram. She’s very endearing in an intimate venue. Also considering that this performance of “Madame X” was the very first, you have to give her credit. She’s producing a Broadway show in progress.

Indeed, if we come back to “Madame X” in a month, it’s going to be even more together, which isn’t to say it’s not a compelling two hour and fifteen minute entertainment now. But right now “Madame X” is like several Broadway shows happening at once. Most of it works, some of it doesn’t. It needs time to gel. The pieces are good, but they don’t all fit together yet. (The sets are Broadway-level, even better, with terrific lighting. The staging runs from elaborately ornamental to elegantly minimalist. There are excellent video projections, too.)

What we get theme wise are more than a few things: Madonna’s lifelong grappling with Catholicism; her adventures in Lisbon as a “soccer mom,” as she says; her discovery in Portugal of that country’s music and that of Cape Verde, off the coast of Africa; political Madonna, who is advocating for LGBTQ, women’s rights, abortion rights, and gun control. Plus modern dance, jazz and ballet, and even a dance video from Madonna’s daughter, Lourdes. That’s a lot of themes.

A lot of this is set to showcase songs from the “Madame X” album, which didn’t sell well and didn’t come off well when it arrived. Surprisingly, those songs have been made into convincing theatrical pieces. You see, Madonna is not performing her greatest hits. If you’re coming to the Gilman for “Like a Virgin,” you’re in the wrong place. (There are financial reasons, too, for ditching the early hits– she didn’t write them and she’s probably tired of paying those songwriters.)

This doesn’t mean there aren’t nods to the 80s Madonna. Early in the show there’s a lovely a cappella moment of “Express Yourself.” You will also hear “Papa Don’t Preach,” “Frozen,” “La Isla Bonita,” and, very successfully, “Vogue.”

Last night’s show started an hour late, at 10:30pm, but Madonna did apologize and explain that later. There are other details that I’ll explore later this week in a real review. Last night, Rosie O’Donnell and Debi Mazar, her good friends, showed up to give support, and Rosie–who received cheers from the audience– got be part of a little “business.” The audience loved it.

And that audience– a group of people from Asia had flown here, and used Madonna’s lateness for a nap. The woman behind me came from Paris. There was a crowd from Brazil.

(Also be warned: your phone is locked into an airtight container upon arrival. It must be unlocked at the end of the show. No photos, no videos, no social media. Hence, no photo to go with this story.)

By the time you get to the last number, it’s well worth it. “Like a Prayer” finishes the show proper and leaves everyone on a high. But again, I think Madonna is doing some interesting work here. She’s trying pull off something much tougher than her arena or stadium shows, and you can already see the payoffs. She’s making a connection with the audience while ideas are settling in. The fans will love to watch it, and out of this will evolve a butterfly. I’d be first in line to return.

First posted by MUnderground:

https://madonnaunderground.com/madon...broadway-show/

Comment

• Love her in a dark wig.
                                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Roger Friedman wrote a positive article about Madonna?

Omg, the world must be coming to an end
                                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                          Roger Friedman wrote a positive article about Madonna?

Omg, the world must be coming to an end
                                                          Shocking indeed

Comment

• REVIEW #1

Spoiler!

REVIEW #2

Spoiler!

REVIEW #3

Spoiler!

Comment

• Is it only my problem or it is impossible to read any “spoiler” content while using Ukmix for iphone?
                                                              "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

Working...
                                                              X