Madonna - Madame X Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angeman View Post
    That doesnt even make sense. Some of us didnt have the option to be fans for decades. I was 12 when Hung Up was released but how could i be a member back then?

What they should do is to make the "Legacy Members" (or whatever they decide to rename it) become an option for those who want to, obvs by paying what they think it's worth it.
    That way they can balance old and new fans.

Comment

I still donít get why she opted for small venues this time around, is it possibly due to her age? Correct me if Iím wrong but at some point she needs to slow down things a bit. Isnít?

Anyways, Iím excited to see how is she trying to mix her signature style with a theatrical performance.

Oh btw, is she going to be Asia this time around? She visited Abu Dhabi and Istanbul back then, so that raises the question if sheís going to that again. ... Tokyo, Seoul or Manilla ?
      Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Originally posted by oaknuys View Post
        I still donít get why she opted for small venues this time around, is it possibly due to her age? Correct me if Iím wrong but at some point she needs to slow down things a bit. Isnít?

Anyways, Iím excited to see how is she trying to mix her signature style with a theatrical performance.

Oh btw, is she going to be Asia this time around? She visited Abu Dhabi and Istanbul back then, so that raises the question if sheís going to that again. ... Tokyo, Seoul or Manilla ?
        I think you completely erased the last tour existence from your mind
        Places you listed are from the MDNA Tour itinerary.
        With Rebel Heart she visited a lot more places in Asia : Taipei ,Bangkok , , Hong Kong , Macau, Manila, Singapore and Saitama in Japan too.
        I don't think she'll take this tour there though.
        Last edited by BodyShop; Mon May 6th, 2019, 20:04.

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
          I suspect this has been priced to cost on Madonna’s side (merchandise aside). If anyone makes any money I’d have thought it be Live Nation.
          You are so naive it's not even funny.

Next thing you'll say is that she is actually a philanthropist by charging her fans so much.

Comment

Originally posted by maroon View Post
            From where? Croatia? Are you serious?
            In 2 minutes I found a flight from Zadar to London Stansted for 7Ä and that still this month!
            Those are only summer fligths. They don't have them the rest of the year. And it's a pain going from Zadar, especially if it's a late night or an early morning flight. Went to Berlin from there. I'd rather pay more go through it again. Besides flights aren't problem. The rest of the stuff adds up pretty quickly. And do not that paychecks in Croatia are shitty. Like really shitty.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by BodyShop View Post
              I think you completely erased the last tour existence from your mind
              Places you listed are from the MDNA Tour itinerary.
              With Rebel Heart she visited a lot more places in Asia : Taipei ,Bangkok , , Hong Kong , Macau, Manila, Singapore and Saitama in Japan too.
              I don't think she'll take this tour there though.

Lol right lol i had MDNA on my mind upon posting that message lol that was the last time that i saw her twice in a row lol
              Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

It doesnít stop you selling tickets afterwards. They have announced an official resale partner. I think theyíre doing this ticket lottery because it will be easier and fairer than first-come-first-served.

In many ways itís exactly how it was before the internet: youíd send away for tickets via post and tell them how many you wanted and give them a cheque for the cost. You would then hope that youíd be lucky and get some tickets sent to you through the post.
                Maybe in your first world country

In our 3rd world countries we can actually go to venue and buy tickets there in person, or many other ticket selling places in city

Comment

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                  Maybe in your first world country

In our 3rd world countries we can actually go to venue and buy tickets there in person, or many other ticket selling places in city
                  Not everyone lives in a city.
                  M08T10

Comment

Not everyone lives in a city.
                    And like spiritboy said we had (and still have since people are not buying tickets online here) shops just for tickets sales, across country, so you can buy ticket in other city for show in capital city etc.

Comment

Originally posted by oaknuys View Post
                      I still don’t get why she opted for small venues this time around, is it possibly due to her age? Correct me if I’m wrong but at some point she needs to slow down things a bit. Isn’t?

Anyways, I’m excited to see how is she trying to mix her signature style with a theatrical performance.

Oh btw, is she going to be Asia this time around? She visited Abu Dhabi and Istanbul back then, so that raises the question if she’s going to that again. ... Tokyo, Seoul or Manilla ?
                      But she's not exactly slowing done. She will perform like 20 times for same amount of people that she would've performed in two arenas...

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                        You are so naive it's not even funny.

Next thing you'll say is that she is actually a philanthropist by charging her fans so much.
                        I never said money wasnít going to be made: I said Madonna possibly isnít going to make any herself doing this.

She is still going to have musicians and dancers with her. Her own staff and management (Guy is probably on 10%). Travel and lodgings. Venue hire costs. Most probably the show wonít have an interval so she has to pay a bar surplus in each venue. Live Nationís cut.

This isnít like playing an arena tour, where her grosses far outweigh the costs. A lot of her costs will remain the same because she will take the talent with her - and they wonít be working for scale.
                        M08T10

Comment

I'm sure Mr. Oseary hated this idea
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

So, the front row tickets actually cost $760 if you don't buy a VIP package, right?
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                              I'm sure Mr. Oseary hated this idea
                              You know how much he loves non-traditional promotion
                              M08T10

Comment

The artist gets paid a fee per show, live nation has the production costs, hence the higher prices. They need to make profit after paying Madonna.
                                She will make a ton of money.
                                "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                                  The artist gets paid a fee per show, live nation has the production costs, hence the higher prices. They need to make profit after paying Madonna.
                                  She will make a ton of money.
                                  She doesnít normally get out of bed for less than $2m on an arena tour. The entire gross per night will be lucky to make even half of that after taxes before they can even think about paying Madonna.
                                  M08T10

Comment

I never said money wasnít going to be made: I said Madonna possibly isnít going to make any herself doing this.

She is still going to have musicians and dancers with her. Her own staff and management (Guy is probably on 10%). Travel and lodgings. Venue hire costs. Most probably the show wonít have an interval so she has to pay a bar surplus in each venue. Live Nationís cut.

This isnít like playing an arena tour, where her grosses far outweigh the costs. A lot of her costs will remain the same because she will take the talent with her - and they wonít be working for scale.
                                    What the hell you go talking about.?

She will gross with a theatre show what one of her peers would gross during an arena show.... price are insane.

Comment

Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                      What the hell you go talking about.?

She will gross with a theatre show what one of her peers would gross during an arena show.... price are insane.
                                      Firstly, thereís no reason to address any member of this forum in this way. Find a better way to express yourself if you disagree.

Now, if we say 2000 seat average with average ticket price $1000 thatís $2M gross. I donít think the average ticket price will be that high though. About half ends up in the taxmanís wallet. Live Nation take a cut. Her manager takes a cut (my guess is heís on 10%) and she will have a huge team still with her and Iíd guess a larger than usual band (I wouldnít be surprised if she doesnít bring some fado singer over from Portugal).

Iím not saying money wonít be made in terms of gross, but when Madonna plays arenas her fee alone is roughly $2m.
                                      M08T10

Comment

Firstly, thereís no reason to address any member of this forum in this way. Find a better way to express yourself if you disagree.

Now, if we say 2000 seat average with average ticket price $1000 thatís $2M gross. I donít think the average ticket price will be that high though. About half ends up in the taxmanís wallet. Live Nation take a cut. Her manager takes a cut (my guess is heís on 10%) and she will have a huge team still with her and Iíd guess a larger than usual band (I wouldnít be surprised if she doesnít bring some fado singer over from Portugal).

Iím not saying money wonít be made in terms of gross, but when Madonna plays arenas her fee alone is roughly $2m.
                                        She will gross with a theatre show what an average pop act get for an arena show...... this is how itís done.

There was nothing offensive in my post towards u, if u think otherwise just ignore and go on , the same as I do reading often most of your non-sense ( in my humble opinion)in your posts

Comment

Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                          There was nothing offensive in my post towards u, if u think otherwise just ignore
                                          ďWhat the hell are you talking about?Ē is rudeness whether typed or spoken. As I said, find a better way to express yourself and no, I will not just ignore you when you overstep. If you have concerns then by all means PM me if you want to discuss it further.
                                          M08T10

Comment

will the OP ever get updated? I mean...

btw, new shows added :

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/m...k--los-angeles
                                            Last edited by AndiIversen; Tue May 7th, 2019, 01:04.

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

btw, new shows added :

Give us all chance to count our piggy banks
                                              M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

btw, new shows added :

Yas !!

MADAME X TOUR: NEW SHOWS ADDED IN NEW YORK & LOS ANGELES
                                                May 06, 2019
                                                DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND ADDITIONAL SHOWS JUST ANNOUNCED IN NEW YORK & LOS ANGELES

Ticket Requests for previously announced North American as well as for the new dates will be accepted now through Friday, May 10 (11:59pm ET).

Complete Ticket Request procedures and concert information at Madonna.Livenation.com

Citiģ is the official credit card of the Madame X Tour

Monday, May 6, 2019 Ė Los Angeles, CA Ė For Immediate Release.

Following this morningís announcement that Madonnaís Madame X Tour will be a series of rare and intimate performances taking place exclusively in theaters in select cities in North America this fall, demand has been overwhelming and Live Nation has just confirmed additional shows will be available for ticket request alongside the original shows now through Friday, May 10th at 11:59pm ET.

In New York, in addition to the shows previously confirmed at the the BAM Howard Gilman Opera House on September 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22, new dates have just been announced on September 24, 25, 26, 28 and October 1 making a total of twelve shows available for fan request. In Los Angeles, adding to the 5 performances already confirmed at The Wiltern on November 12, 13, 14, 16, & 17, four additional shows have now been announced on November 21, 23, 24, and 25. Here is a link to a video from Madonna about the Tour: https://madonna.lnk.to/TourVid

Comment

So, 12 shows in NY and 9 in LA so far.
                                                  And this is only the first day

Comment

• So I guess I did it wrong the first time, only requested one day, so I went in today and requested 9 dates. It's been a little confusing, but I guess I need to read better next time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X